Invasion... While In The Shower - Page 3

Invasion... While In The Shower

This is a discussion on Invasion... While In The Shower within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by 1911packer Don't shower with the person who is your backup. well thats no fun!...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Invasion... While In The Shower

Quote Originally Posted by 1911packer View Post
    Don't shower with the person who is your backup.
    well thats no fun!

I'm usually in the shower while the wife is at home. She and the dog will show them down enough for me to finish the shower, get dressed, grab a bite to eat, go to the safe and select the perfect firearm to finish what's left of 'em.
    If I'm alone...or...not alone then the 1911 is on the seat of the toilet under a hand towel. All the doors are locked.
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

well,asuming that the BG doesn't gouge his own eyes out at the sight of me in the shower......there's always my ccw on the bathroom counter.That's why I have stainless steel ccw's.
    also,there's the tactical soap on a rope to be used as a bludgeon.
    "Just because I'm paranoid,doesn't mean they're NOT after me...."

Heck, I'm gonna get a couple magnets, cover them with cloth, and set them in some real decent places in the house.

I usually, have the G17 close by, no matter where I am.

The Kimber watches me shower (I feel bad for the gun...).
    If the wife is gone, the dogs alert me if anyone is even NEAR the house...
    My 'home invasion interview device' is only a short reach away!

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    I have a 'NO HOME INVASION SIGN' out front,so I will never have any problems

Mr. sturart, you're right, the sign should do it. That' what I need as well.

Administrator
    You can keep a little NAA Mini revolver right in the shower with you as it is all made entirely from Stainless including the internals.
    It's not exactly a powerful handgun but, it's enough to make an untimely intruder wish he had stayed home that day.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

If I'm showering and the wife is home, I don't usually bring gun into bathroom. (I probably should, but I don't want to seem too paranoid... sheesh, if most people knew the precautions I usually go through they probably wouldn't hang out with me anymore... know what I mean? lol)

If I'm alone in the house I will bring the G-23 into bathroom and leave it underneath the towel.

I travel frequently and when on the road and in a hotel, I shower with gun inside ziplock bag sitting on "inside" corner ledge of tub or propped up between the faucet and hot/cold water knobs if the shower style allows that.

I've been doing that about 4 or 5 years now since reading about the idea of ziploc bags in one of my gun rags.

When sleeping in a hotel, I keep my insight M3 tac light mounted to the G-23 and it sits inside my one of my shoes right next to the bed. I keep a small can of OC spray and my SOG Seal Pup inside the other shoe. I keep my wallet and car keys on the floor in between the two shoes. I then throw my shirt over the shoes to hide the set-up.

I keep my trousers folded over one of the room chairs and kind of out in a prominent place but not too far from the bed so that if someone were to enter surreptitiously they would probably try looking through my pants for my wallet. I don't want to keep my pants on the floor next to my "rig" because I don't want them finding my survival tools if at all possible.

I'm also gonna fix all that by getting an alarm that is shaped like a "door stop" wedge that you place on the floor under the door that sounds an alarm if the door is opened a couple inches. They are only about $10 and can be found here. Fairly cheap insurance that will get the job done waking you up if someone manages to jimmy the door quietly instead of just kicking it in.

I also keep another tactical style flashlight next to me on the night stand.

Stay Safe.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, Betty said somewhere in a thread here that she keeps one of these hanging in her shower. Always seemed a pretty good idea to me.

For me personally, I would just yank open the shower curtain real fast. I'm pretty sure they would pass out on the spot....

Yeah, Betty seems to have a "thing" with edged weapons.... ever see that pic of her with her new Bayonet that's almost as tall as she is with the rifle?
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    My XD sits on the little table in the bathroom next to the shower (when I'm in it), under my change of clothes. This is one reason I like stainless and polymer.

VIP Member
    Don't shower with the person who is your backup.

Quote Originally Posted by friesepferd View Post
    well thats no fun!
    Last edited by ppkheat; December 11th, 2007 at 01:13 PM. Reason: added text
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Member Array Gun Loving Liveral's Avatar
    Gun-on-a-rope!
    In Oklahoma, even we liberals like guns!

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    Any LEO will tell you they don't like fighting with a naked person. Nothing to grab onto.
    Umm, I beg to differ . . .
    "He who allows another to take his life, who hath no authority for that purpose, when it might be preserved by defense, is guilty of Self-Murder, for God hath enjoined him to seek the continuance of his Life, and Mother Nature teaches every creature to defend itself".

Invasion while in the shower... time for the dog to earn his keep and buy me some time. Sorry, I am not going to resort to Gun on a Rope.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links