ROBBERY PREVENTION / TIPS
• If confronted, try to stay calm.
• If a suspect says they have a weapon, do not force their
• When facing someone wielding a weapon do not resist,
• Never try to apprehend a suspect yourself.
• Mentally note the assailant’s appearance without staring.
• After the confrontation, go to the phone and dial 9-1-1 as
soon as possible.
• Robbers usually ‘case’ their target so look for people
loitering in a parking lot or acting nervous or ‘just not right’.
• Display height markers for identifying suspects.
• Keep small amounts of cash on hand if possible.
• Use a drop safe that is visible.
This information is provided by City of San Marcos Police Department.
For additional information, please contact
Lisa Dvorak, Assistant Chief of Police
San Marcos Police Department
2300 IH35 South
San Marcos, Texas 78666