Foiled home invasion in Montgomery....

This is a discussion on Foiled home invasion in Montgomery.... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Never say never, folks..... A fellow I work with was at home with his girlfriend last Monday night. They live in the proverbial "nicer" part ...

Thread: Foiled home invasion in Montgomery....

Angry Foiled home invasion in Montgomery....

Never say never, folks.....

A fellow I work with was at home with his girlfriend last Monday night. They live in the proverbial "nicer" part of town. (East Montgomery, for anyone local) He said they heard the girlfriend's teenage daughter crying as they heard footsteps outside the door of the aptartment. They give each other the WTH look and the GF hurries over and opens the door to see why the daughter is crying....

Well, a scumbag had a pistol pointed at her head trying to get her to open the door. GF opened it as she was looking for the keys....GF steps onto porch area (screams) and the BG jumps back and fires a round at her. My coworker said he dosen't know how (other than divine intervention) that he missed her as he was only steps away.

Coworker, having obviously heard the commotion, and seeing the flash through the blinds rushes to the porch. GF is down on her knees (aparently reaction to having said gun fired at her)... coworker chases guy down the hallway/balcony to the parking lot .... Bigger jewels than me, thats for sure..... Gets a halfway decent description of the guy and runs back to call the cops....

Cops arrive and take down info.....They found a 9mm shell casing and nothing else. I don't want to think about what story I would be telling if the guy had actually gotten in the apartment.... as said coworker dosen't own any guns.....

He (coworker) said the officer taking the report said:

Cop: "Mr. XXXXX, I guess you don't have a gun do you?"
    C-W: "No."
    Cop: "I guess you've never needed one before, have you?"
    C-W: "I didn't think so."
    Cop: "Well, Mr. XXXXX, you needed one tonight."

Big to the MPD officer for being pro-gun. Coworker said they were all very professional and helpful.

The coworker said he will be going to get a gun this week.
    I don't have a link, as I don't think there was a news story about it since no one got hurt.

Stay safe everyone, and keep the noggin' on a swivel.

-Tim S.

2. Remove Ads

That is scary a hell !!

I spent a few weeks in Montgomery earlier this year. Can't say I'm really surprised. As for chasing the BG, that had to be pure adrenaline...

Smitty, glad to hear everyone is ok after this incident.

Do your friend a favor,and help him find the RIGHT handgun and training for it.

Just having it isn't going to do much. Knowing how to use it, as you already know, is the key.
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

Links