I believe I went to condition red on my walk this morning...

This is a discussion on I believe I went to condition red on my walk this morning... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I pay more attention to the breed than the size. I walk my nephew's Golden Retriever and he's a very big dog(110+lbs), but he's totally ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I believe I went to condition red on my walk this morning...

FLM
    I pay more attention to the breed than the size. I walk my nephew's Golden Retriever and he's a very big dog(110+lbs), but he's totally harmless. Just a big friendly dog who wouldn't think of biting anything or anyone. Nevertheless, he's on a leash when I walk him. All dogs should be behind a fence if there are people living nearby, especially breeds such as rotties and pits.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    I understand what youy're saying, but that's the same thing the owner of the three Rotweilers said, and every other Rotweiler owner I have ever talked to. But, I wonder if we really know for sure under all conditions how a dog will react. They have protective instincts just like we do. If they perceive a threat...

We had a Chow that was the sweetest dog you could imagine, then one day the right (or should that be wrong) conditions occured and the dog got ugly. After he settled down, he was is old sweet, harmless self again.

I was on vacation this past week with my brother inlaw, his wife, daughter and his two rotweiller mix dogs.

One continued to look at EVERYONE and beg every time he or she ate anything at all.

I know both of these dogs well and the sight of this dog with two rows of exposed, sharp teeth, watching me eat cheerios was enough to make me feel like he had a thought balloon of "prime rib" above his head as he watched me eat.

This dog also wasn't crazy about obeying his masters command to "go lay down" when he did this.

So, I say you did right to place your hand on your weapon and even draw on a dog to protect yourself and your own.

Good for you!

Mike

Assistant Administrator
    I actually carry also for four legged threats I have to admit.

Some good friends of ours we go biking with were (involuntarily) minding a pit cross for their son - prior to him leaving to live in his own place. This dog - a rescue animal and still late pup - all but terrorized their own dear ol' mutt and I discovered also that a few days later - all but attacked a youngster!!!!

I bow to those who like Pitts and say how wonderful they are but - my trust is limited and sorry to say - one false move from this type of animal and I am in defence mode - and no apologies.

I positively will NOT be threatened by a damn dog! There - I am ready for flames
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I agreee Chris,

Nobody should feel threatened by a dam dog! Laws are in place in most states requiring their restraint in public.

If an owner cannot control his animal and the dog gets hurt or otherwise by someone defending himself, it's the dogs tough $**t.

Quote Originally Posted by LPguy
    I agreee Chris,

Nobody should feel threatened by a dam dog! Laws are in place in most states requiring their restraint in public.

If an owner cannot control his animal and the dog gets hurt or otherwise by someone defending himself, it's the dogs tough $**t.

I would disagree LP, the owners should be smarter than the animal but we all know that this is more than likely not the case. Your dogs should be properly secured especially the top three or four in the list shown. Thus, the following: "There are no stupid dogs just stupid people with dogs" Moreover, if you really want to see our fellow animal soldiers at work visit Lackland, AFB Texas and I am sure some will change their mind.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links