If there were ever a reason to carry 24/7

This is a discussion on If there were ever a reason to carry 24/7 within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Don't get mad at me, but I sometimes thought you guys (and girls) were just a tiny bit (not a lot) over the edge carrying ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Don't get mad at me, but I sometimes thought you guys (and girls) were just a tiny bit (not a lot) over the edge carrying firearms every waking moment. Don't get me wrong, I am on this forum because I think carrying is a good, no great, idea. I just didn't think that it was necessary ALL the time especially since it is a bit uncomfortable right now for me to carry. (I am going to buy a leather holster tomorrow. Just not sure which one yet.)

Well, I just watched the movie Fargo. I think the kidnapping and the police stop scene has me rethinking my lackadaisical attitude.

Can you guys forgive me?? I am fully convinced. Bad stuff can happen anywhere, anytime, to anyone. If you aren't prepared, you are dead.

Pretty much sums it up I reckon. What's this word?
    lackadaisical
    Nevermind---I found it!
    /ˌlækəˈdeɪzɪkəl/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[lak-uh-dey-zi-kuhl] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    –adjective
    1. without interest, vigor, or determination; listless; lethargic: a lackadaisical attempt.
    2. lazy; indolent: a lackadaisical fellow.
    [Origin: 1760–70; lackadais(y) (var. of lackaday) + -ical]

—Related forms
    lack·a·dai·si·cal·ly, adverb
    lack·a·dai·si·cal·ness, noun

—Synonyms 2. slothful, unambitious, idle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Pretty much sums it up I reckon. What's this word?

Nevermind---I found it!
    /ˌlækəˈdeɪzɪkəl/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[lak-uh-dey-zi-kuhl] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    –adjective
    1. without interest, vigor, or determination; listless; lethargic: a lackadaisical attempt.
    2. lazy; indolent: a lackadaisical fellow.
    [Origin: 1760–70; lackadais(y) (var. of lackaday) + -ical]

—Related forms
    lack·a·dai·si·cal·ly, adverb
    lack·a·dai·si·cal·ness, noun

—Synonyms 2. slothful, unambitious, idle.
    Add "victim" to the synonym list.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

emp,

The movie Fargo is a Hollyweird production of fantasy.

For real world has already happened to people and they survived it thanks to having had access to or forethought to carry a firearm then point your browser here for a highly detailed library of every such occurrence to occur in the US that has received media attention large paper or small town daily across the last five years...

'Civilian Gun Self-Defense Blog'
    http://www.claytoncramer.com/gundefe...g/blogger.html

If this doesn't do it for you then there is nothing that will, or rather would.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

youre forgiven.(this time) just kidding.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

I would like to add the 24/7 carrying with this idea.

The latest zoo incident. I mean think about if a 300 lb tiger comes charging you.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    There was a car insurance commercial that I addapted my attitude from,...

In the commercial they said, you never plan to get into an acident (then a voiceover goes over a schedule,something like ,..drop kids off at school at 8AM,pick up dry cleaning,get into car wreck at 11am,...)

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

While Jang is right about movie portrayals even of true events like Fargo was based, all you really have to do is go to your local paper and news outlet to find any number of bad home invasions in just about every corner of the country.

The most recent and particularly gruesome example is that of the Connecticut Doctor and his family this past fall. Wife and two daughters brutally and savagely assaulted and killed and he barely escaped with his life even after they totally sheeped out, cooperated and even gave them $10,000.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    Just remember... it's YOUR job to keep yourself and your family safe and "when seconds count, the police are only minutes away"!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by *SA-XD4ME* View Post
    I would like to add the 24/7 carrying with this idea.

The latest zoo incident. I mean think about if a 300 lb tiger comes charging you.
    Yeh, I mentioned to my wife if that had happened to us, we would still be alive (okay, I was assuming I'd make the shots in time and at the right place--just trying to point out another example to her of why I always carry). A tiger coming at you is totally unexpected. No time to dial 9(I'm dead)11.

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    The most recent and particularly gruesome example is that of the Connecticut Doctor and his family this past fall. Wife and two daughters brutally and savagely assaulted and killed and he barely escaped with his life even after they totally sheeped out, cooperated and even gave them $10,000.
    This example is why I carry 24/7 in my house. I had a chance today to talk to a man and his son about the need to carry, and I used this example. I think of this family often. This trajic situation pushed me far over the edge to where I carry always.

Quote Originally Posted by exactlymypoint View Post
    Bad stuff can happen anywhere, anytime, to anyone. If you aren't prepared, you are dead.
    This sums it up perfectly.

read any of the numerous news articles about home invasions. many times they are fast, violent, and have multiple BG's.

nothin to leave to chance.
    War is not the ugliest of things. Worse is the decayed state of moral feeling which thinks nothing is worth a war. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which he cares for more than his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free. -J.S. Mill

Quote Originally Posted by exactlymypoint View Post
    Can you guys forgive me?? I am fully convinced. Bad stuff can happen anywhere, anytime, to anyone. If you aren't prepared, you are dead.
    Sure we can forgive you.

Remember, the place you are most likely to be attacked is in your home, believe it or not. And home invasion robberies are on the rise in this country. Plus, the place you are most likely to be in condition white is also your home. We all feel comfortable at home and we all drop our guard to some extent. These are all reasons why I carry even at home. If some bit 350 pound dude smashes through my front door while I am sitting in the recliner watching some stupid TV show, I do not want my gun to be even a foot out of my reach. I want it right there where it always is, on my right hip ready to save my life or my families lives.

Carry always. Always be ready.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

If I'm not at school and I'm wearing pants...I'm armed!
    At home I usually have a weapon attached or inches away...

I won't go ANYWHERE without being armed...one incident will either convert you, or bury you...

Stay armed...always...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Do yourself a favor and look at the Bianchi Carry Loc line of holsters, if you want comfort stay away from Kydex, IMHO, and by all means FORGET Uncle Mikes!!
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Really, I can't see the logic in carrying 'some of the time'. That's like wearing your seatbelt only when you somehow expect to get into an accident, or only filling your fire extinguishers when you feel there's a higher risk of fire (like someone only having them ready today and on the 4th of July, putting them in the back of the shed the rest of the year).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links