Facing gang of car jackers - Page 2

Facing gang of car jackers

This is a discussion on Facing gang of car jackers within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In describing the situation- I kept it vague to open the scenario for interpretation. In so doing- it limited needed information. My thought or intention ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Facing gang of car jackers

In describing the situation- I kept it vague to open the scenario for interpretation. In so doing- it limited needed information. My thought or intention was that other cars are parked there and you are essentially blocked. Also when the other car pulls up- you're still on the passenger side.

I have never drawn my sidearm durring a conflict. In that situation, I think you would have to do so before being overwhelmed.

I didn't consider getting in the car. The idea of my wife taking the wheel is an excelent one.

Also, it really makes ME think about having high capacity.
    G-23, 27, 35 (all .40)
    G-29 10mm
    H&K 45c
    Les Baer Thunder Ranch 5"

Administrator
    I'm going to say stay out of the car... just because in the garage in my mind your not going to have room to ram or other wise simply escape. The last thing I want to do is trap myself right where a car jacker wants you... in the car.

I'd have my lady friend take cover behind a nearby engine block, if she is armed she better be helping if not, she better be dialing. People also need to be coached on whats important information and what is not in the call for help. Thats a whole 'nother thread.

Then, I'd move off to the side and find a block of my own and get ready to get down to business. I'd try to stay close enough to my companion to defend her position too, but not so close that I'd be drawing fire to her.

There is also no shame in running... this is a bad situation and its bound to get ugly if the fight happens. I'm young and in shape enough to floor hop my way down a few levels to safety, or to be able to reset the fight more to my liking. I would not simply run down or up the ramps, your just going to end up fighting tired and winded.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Good luck in this one. Car as a ram would be my primary.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Nasty....nothing good is gonna happen here.

Given the scenario, I just don't see time to get into the car and get it going. I'm gonna toss the keys to my wife, push her over and start shooting.

Pretty much along with Sixto. Unless it a wiiiide open garage, at some point in your reversal, you'll have either the passenger or driver door wedged against the other car. With that many BGs, they have decided to kill you, or they're taking your car for a robbery somewhere else.

If you take the time to get in and fire up, they've had time to exfil, and will be surrounding your car, which leaves you... in a 1/2 ton coffin.

dp and Sixto's solutions "play" well.

I think the first thought would be to get my wife out of the situation if she was not also carrying and could become a force multiplier. If you get into the car your back is to the pack and you mobility is very limited. Basically you are stuck you may be able to move the blocking car but do you want your wife that close to the perps. You would probably not have enough room to move the car in one ram, and this would cause the car to stop and your wife to be vulnerable the time it takes her to regroup herself and put it in drive to move forward. And then she repeats the same move without the element of surprise.

Draw down have the wife exit the car and dialing 911 as you both retreat using other cars as cover. Shoot to stop if necessary.
    CCWINNC

HK P2000 .40SW
    Para Ord Tac 4 .45acp
    XD 9 Service
    XD 9 SC
    Taurus 651 .357 mag

any scenerio involving my wife is ugly. I would rather just worry about me. Worrying about her may get us both killed but she would be my 1st concern. 1) Can she exit the vehicle safely and can she get to cover. 2) I am going to draw a lot of attention - I am unloading on the closest one and bearing down on the second. 3) Is there really enough room to do anything but stand your ground i.e. no other cars in the structure. Lots of variables non of them good.
    Honor, Courage, Virtue. These are what makes a man.
    "The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps."
    Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Quote Originally Posted by kylebce View Post
    It's late- you're in a parking garrage with your spouse or significant other. You keep your guard up as your wife talks about the evening. You notice a couple of guys off to the side, and take note. You aproach your car- it's clear around. You unlock the car and hold the door for you wife. You notice another car coming by and it stops behind your vehicle. The windows are tinted out but you can tell they're looking at you. The doors open and 3-4 guys are piling out to engage. What do you do?
    Hopefully you've already made preparations with your maker. If you haven't already unholstered after seeing the first 2 guys, you're not going to have a chance in heck of getting out of this scenario with the 3-4 guys piling out of the car that has your vehicle blocked. And if they have fully auto's, you're toast as your on the opposite side of the car where you need to be to do the start-up and ramming. Just not a good situation.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

My thoughts;
    1. Use the car if you have time to get it fired up. You can use it multiple times if necessry. Let the insurance company pay for the damage. Once you begin smashing, they very likely will jump in their car and run.
    2. If you can use the car, you need time and distance. With multiple threats, you will want to draw sooner than later while attempting to retreat or get cover.
    3. With multiple treats you need to be preapared to fire sooner than later. Make the first few shots count on more than one if possible. This may take the fight out of them.
    4. Whenever possible get time and distance. Retreat is not a bad word. Get back into the building, stair tower or somewhere with some cover.
    5. Make lots of noise. I doubt you will get much help from a car alarm, or scream, but 2 shots into a scumbag should do the trick.
    6. If your wife carries, make sure she unleashes her fury as well.
    After it is over, go home, have a stiff drink and thank God you are alive and this forum for helping you get prepared.

Senior Moderator
    If you are starting this far behind the power curve on the two-way range, the reality is you may be completely hosed.

The question really becomes go down fighting, or go down later when (OK, if, but more likely when) the BGs decide to kill you after they have what they want.

It's a poo sandwich, and I'd realistically expect to be on the losing side. But some of their team won't be attending the award ceremony....

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

I agree- it IS a poo sandwich. Several years ago a family stopped in east TN at a rest area and were car jacked by a group of teens (who thought they were part vampire) several miles down the road the teens shot each person in the back of the head & left 'em there. Fast forward and we have this carjacking & murder in the downtown.

I brought up this scenario because it could happen and wanted to see what other ideas were out there. (Other than- shoot till they get you.)
    G-23, 27, 35 (all .40)
    G-29 10mm
    H&K 45c
    Les Baer Thunder Ranch 5"

After thinking about this, I am now gonna start backing into all of my parking spots....I do it in my driveway, so I guess i will do it every where else now..

Now, back to the scenario...hmmm, if they are approaching me and my family, while blocking us in, have the wife retreat to safer grounds and lay down cover fire for her while i GTFOOT!

Pile into the car directly behind or on top of her and shut the door behind me quick.
    LOCK IT!

Get over to the drivers side, start the car, and floor it...in forward or reverse, up and over what ever human animal might be in view. I have no problem what so ever with driving over an animal, if it's down to me mine or him.
    From there escape the immediate area by any and all means necessary even if it means wrecking the hell out of my car or some others parked near by. I have auto insurance.
    If they shoot at me then I'm ducked down and flooring it to flee Dukes of Hazard style.
    If I cannot flee, well then it's me playing bumper car with them and I fire with an available hand, either hand, and steer with the other.

I live, we escape to have breakfast the next day, and whatever happens to them is what happened as reported by Eyewitness News.
    There is no other option in my mind but to survive, period.
    It's very simple in my mind and world.

Bigger problem would be if I were to have my kids with me, they being age 5 and 18 mos.
    Tossing them in the car to the floor I'd do as well but getting to the drivers seat in the SUV from the rear crawling over top of them and the car eats would be work. I could do it but it would be work.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

I would definately stay out of the car....lock the wife in the car unless she can get back out quickly. If the BGs pull up and are piling out and I'm on the passenger side already, no way I'm gonna make it around, inside and start up in time to do anything, they already have the advantage - and to get in and sit down I have to put my back to them....no way.

I'd draw my gun, get the wife out of the car (if I can) and tell them to get moving. If they don't comply, we're going to start moving out on foot. If I can't do that, well then its time to fight. The scary part is that you don't know if any of them are armed. If they are using 4 to do a carjacking, maybe they aren't armed and are using the force of numbers to scare. OTOH, its likely that more than one of them could be armed, and now you are out gunned. I'm getting sick just thinking about this....not a good situation. The odds are definately against you. In any case, someone mentioned hitting the panic button which is a good idea, make noise and hopefully spook them off. The rest is going to be up to how well you shoot and how bad they shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by kylebce View Post
    It's late- you're in a parking garrage with your spouse or significant other. You keep your guard up as your wife talks about the evening. You notice a couple of guys off to the side, and take note. You aproach your car- it's clear around. You unlock the car and hold the door for you wife. You notice another car coming by and it stops behind your vehicle. The windows are tinted out but you can tell they're looking at you. The doors open and 3-4 guys are piling out to engage. What do you do?
    I see no option but to engage, and quickly. If I take the offensive violently, we might have a chance. With me trapped outside the car on the passenger side and 3-6 guys coming at me, I'm definitely in fear for my life and my wife's health and life. I may duck behind the nearest engine after the inital barrage, or I may rush the survivors to get a better shot, but I'm not leaving her to the herd. Under those conditions I don't think we can run away. I think it'll be settled right there.

Having her lock the doors is a good idea. Might buy a few more seconds if I go down, and maybe someone will call the police to report the numerous gunshots they heard.

Excuse me while I go check out this fn5.7 20+1 I've been reading about. Need to order some more hicap mags for my other guns, too.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links