Scenario: Relative Snatching

This is a discussion on Scenario: Relative Snatching within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by cjm5874 Sorry I let this drop after posting but to fill in the rest of the details. My ex has NO visitation ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scenario: Relative Snatching

Quote Originally Posted by cjm5874
    Sorry I let this drop after posting but to fill in the rest of the details.

My ex has NO visitation rights, NO custody legal or physical.
    She also is a drug addict and has been convicted of harming the kids in the past.

Would I shoot, not in front of my kids unless no other choice existed (us or them). But I wanted to see if maybe I was just soft.
    Still no reason to shoot, what they did has nothing to do with what they are doing now, I stand by my earler statement. They definatley bear a very close watch but you cannot shoot them for wanting to see their kids, yes they did not follow legal procedures, but that is no reason to excecute someone, and if you shoot that is just what you are doing. Their is obviously a lot of animosity here, get a peace bond aganst them and put them in jail next time they show.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon J
    Yell to the kids "I have icecream and the first one inside gets seconds" my kids would have stampeeded so fast all you would see is their shadow still there. While you are heading to the Ex's car use friendly tones, hostile actions begets hostile reactions. Politely warn him the next time he shows he will be arested, and then go get a peace bond on the boy. He has shown no agressive actions so you have no legal reason to pull your gun.

Did someone say ICE CREAM!!!!

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by cjm5874
    Sorry I let this drop after posting but to fill in the rest of the details.

My ex has NO visitation rights, NO custody legal or physical.
    She also is a drug addict and has been convicted of harming the kids in the past.

Would I shoot, not in front of my kids unless no other choice existed (us or them). But I wanted to see if maybe I was just soft.
    If this is the case, you should have, at that time, immediately gone before a judge, explained the situation and asked for a restraining order that would prevent either of them from getting that close again. If it was 5 months ago, I believe you would be hard pressed to get it now.

With the story as you wrote it, you certainly would not be justified in shooting anyone. If you did, YOU would be the one going to jail and she, or a foster parent, would then raise your kids.....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky
    Did someone say ICE CREAM!!!!
    And with Caramel, Hot fudge and Pecans.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links