Outnumbered

This is a discussion on Outnumbered within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Is it justifiable to use your firearm if you are being attacked by numerous BGs, but the thing is, you don't know if they have ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outnumbered

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar

Outnumbered

Is it justifiable to use your firearm if you are being attacked by numerous BGs, but the thing is, you don't know if they have weapons or does it matter? Lets say about 3 or more
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    3 or more IMO is easily a threat to your life? You're outnumbered,....No way to possible have a 'fair' chance against such.

[I believe that a grown man or woman can be a threat to your life without a weapon,but unfortunately the laws donot. (Trust me,PLENTY of people have been killed by bare hands,or non-conventional make-shift "weapons".)]

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Natureboypkr View Post
    Is it justifiable to use your firearm if you are being attacked by numerous BGs, but the thing is, you don't know if they have weapons or does it matter? Lets say about 3 or more
    In most states, the de facto requirement for self defense is that you believed at the time that you were in danger of grave bodily harm.

That shouldn't be a hard thing to prove in court if multiple attackers were coming at you.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

It's not about numbers. It's about your attackers ability. One young guy could be fair game if he attacked an old guy. He has the ability to do great bodily harm, even bare handed. MI law allows me to use lethal force if I reasonably believe the I'm in imminent danger. Armed or not doesn't matter here, only that I can convince the jury that I believed he could do it. You'll have to check your laws. Me? If 2 or 3 guys attack me, I have to assume they intend to do me great bodily harm. I assure you that I won't be any kind of mutual, willing combatant.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

It's perfectly alright to shoot ONE bad guy who isn't armed with a weapon other than his hands let alone 3. The legal principle is called "Disparity of force."

3 bad guys, 2 bad guys or just one. If he's bigger than you, acting crazy, you know he is a good fighter or martial artist and you are in fear of your life, then shoot.

But certainly if there are 3 of them and one of you, the disparity of force principle is there.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

So what happens if you have 2 people attacking you (unarmed, same size as you), a clear disparity of force situation, you shoot one of them, and the other continues to attack? That disparity of force is no longer really present.
    .40 is fine.

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    Thanks fellas that was a lot of help
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

Quote Originally Posted by Griblik View Post
    So what happens if you have 2 people attacking you (unarmed, same size as you), a clear disparity of force situation, you shoot one of them, and the other continues to attack? That disparity of force is no longer really present.

If I just downed one guy and the other is still coming, you bet I'll still be terrified. Maybe even more, that is some psycho stuff there. You can also bet that he's gonna go for your gun.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Let's not forget about the potential weapons you can't see. A clever BG could wait until he gets close to pull out a knife and kill you with it. Don't let them get that close.
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    In most states, the de facto requirement for self defense is that you believed at the time that you were in danger of grave bodily harm.

That shouldn't be a hard thing to prove in court if multiple attackers were coming at you.
    I agree completely. Out numbered by 2+ perps would be very justified even if they did not have weapons.

Running away from 3 perps would be very difficult and if you have your wife and/or kids then no way.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Depends upon the situation...I'm 60, and I am not getting into a wrestling match with any number...1 or 5!
    If it is just a small group making comments, then I walk away, if possible.

It could be just one who is trying to place his hands on me or threatening my personal space with verbal threats...that's enough for some kind of action.

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

ckd
    If you pull a gun and they don't run, their intent is clear.

Quote Originally Posted by ckd View Post
    If you pull a gun and they don't run, their intent is clear.
    i be careful with that one. depending
    on circumstances,the tide could turn against ya.(a witness who
    only saw you with a gun,if a night poor lighting, etc.)
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

It depends on the situation, and rather or not your feel your life is in jeopardy.

I’ve been carrying a sidearm since 1976 and in those years, I’ve been in a couple physical confrontations, and never draw my pistol. Instead I’ve always considered my pistol as a last resort solution.

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar

no "fair" fights

It doesn't matter to me how many potential attackers there are, or what they say.

What does matter to me is their actions. If a weapon is pointed at me or if 1 or more individuals charge me, I view such actions as lethal threats.

Colorado law states that lethal threats can be met with lethal force. I can't control all of the circumstances--I may live or I may die--but I can control my response to a lethal threat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links