Some guy tells customer service about a customer with a gun

This is a discussion on Some guy tells customer service about a customer with a gun within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This actually happened to me about 6 years ago. I was at a Target. My wife and 10 year old daughter were in the girls' ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some guy tells customer service about a customer with a gun

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Some guy tells customer service about a customer with a gun

This actually happened to me about 6 years ago.

I was at a Target. My wife and 10 year old daughter were in the girls' clothing department. I was just walking into the store when some guy comes rushing into the store repeating in a loud but not shouting voice, "Some guy in the parking lot has a gun! Call the police." He runs over to the customer service and tells them. They seem unconcerned. Then again, it was a bunch of 18 year old girls behind the counter.

What would you do at that point?

2. Remove Ads

I'd ask for more details. Does he have the gun drawn, in his hand? Is he waving it around?

If they're oblivious, I'd go watch through a window or from behind cover if possible. If it's just a dude in the parking lot with a gun on his hip, I'm not going to worry about it. If he's waving it around, I'm calling 911 and heading out the back of the store. I wouldn't confront unless it was a simple case of a CCW'er "printing".

Just my under-inflated $.02

How did it play out?

Peace,
    Pete Zaria.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
    - Margaret Mead

"Booger Hook Off the Bang Switch" - unknown

Ask the paranoid "Good Sam" if the suspect was brandishing it or if it was holstered. I wouldn't use the word "brandishing" he probably wouldn't know what it means.

Depending on his answer...

Guy with a pistol holstered: Tell him it's perfectly legal and try to calm the .

Crazy BG waiving gun around: quickly depart the store via the back door and call 911.

Go get nachos and keep and eye on the front door.
    If I hear gunshots then go to plan B, herd sheep to a safer place and call 911. I wouldn't confront said crazy man unless I had to, then I would defend myself and my impromptu flock.
    CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I would go get nachos with joleary223 and hang.
    Honor, Courage, Virtue. These are what makes a man.
    "The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps."
    Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

I can just imagine what he'd say when a bunch of legally-open-carrying Harley riders pulled into the parking lot!

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    I can just imagine what he'd say when a bunch of legally-open-carrying Harley riders pulled into the parking lot!

You read my mind AZ Husker.

Biker

Quote Originally Posted by exactlymypoint View Post

I was at a Target. My wife and 10 year old daughter were in the girls' clothing department. I was just walking into the store when some guy comes rushing into the store repeating in a loud but not shouting voice, "Some guy in the parking lot has a gun! Call the police." He runs over to the customer service and tells them. They seem unconcerned. Then again, it was a bunch of 18 year old girls behind the counter.

He was probably talking about you!!!!!!!

Seriously though, if you were carrying wouldn't it be possible that he saw you in the lot and din't realize that you were standing there when he ran in.
    Lex et Libertas — Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Would it be wrong to draw mine and yell " Some guy in here has one too!" and see if the guy pees himself?
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Would it be wrong to draw mine and yell " Some guy in here has one too!" and see if the guy pees himself?

Wrong :yes
    Funny: Yes (At least until SWAT arrives and then you pee your pants!)

Distinguished Member

You was at a "Target" well don't you need a gun for a target??

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Get the details, then calm or taze the sheep. No need for a stampede.

More nachos!
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    I currently serve as a volunteer advisor for a state agency.

One day I rode the Harley to work, and one of the Captains brought up the riding conversation. I asked him since you’re in uniform do you ever ride your Harley to work, with a motorcycle jacket on.

He responded sure. I then asked has anyone ever said anything about that Glock hanging on your side, since the jacket covers up the fact that you’re an LEO in uniform. He laughed and said you know, I never thought about it, and in all these years, no one has ever said anything to me about it.

It all boils down to if you act like you belong someplace, then most people will presume you do. The same goes with a gun hanging on your side.

VIP Member

Half the guys around here have a gun [long gun] hanging in the back truck window, I guess you'd need more info.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links