Subconscious Issue Shooting a Woman? - Page 3

Subconscious Issue Shooting a Woman?

This is a discussion on Subconscious Issue Shooting a Woman? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; be very very careful not to underestimate women. there are plenty out there (such as myself) that carry. and there are probably even more out ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Subconscious Issue Shooting a Woman?

be very very careful not to underestimate women.
    there are plenty out there (such as myself) that carry.
    and there are probably even more out there that are criminals.
    criminals that could take your life.

Throughout the animal kingdom the female is much more dangerous than the male. Two males lions fighting will fight only until one is beaten. Females will fight until one is dead. Teenage boys will use some honor in fighting but two teenage girls will claw, scratch, cut and everything in between, ask any high school principal. Before I would ever shoot I would fully survey and judge the situation but sex would never enter into it. Maybe because my mother was the primary breadwinner much of the time when I was growing up, I came to respect and fear her as much as any man.

Often I hear people talk about protecting their daughter but seldom about protecting their son. It would not matter to me or who was attacking.

Senior Member Array Super Trucker's Avatar
    If a woman were posing an imminent threat of bodily harm to your or innocents around you, what would you do? What should you do?
    They want equal rights, don't they?
    A threat is a threat right?

You know, there's another aspect to this, and that's the "after the shoot" situation.

I can hear the prosecuting attorney now, "Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury, this man wants us to believe that he was afraid for his life... that he was scared of a woman 100 lbs lighter and 6 inches shorter than him. That this sweet little girl, as you heard from her family, was somehow a threat to this much larger, scary looking guy......etc."

I can envision circumstances where LEOs, the community and everyone else could be suckered into that line of thinking.

Depending, of course, on circumstances, you might be more likely to be prosecuted for a legitimate shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPR View Post
    You know, there's another aspect to this, and that's the "after the shoot" situation.
    That doesn't distinguish it from any other situation. In any case of self-defense, there's the actions required to stop the attack, and then there's the explaining to others the justifiability of those actions. As it should be.

I can hear the prosecuting attorney now, "Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury, this man wants us to believe that he was afraid for his life... that he was scared of a woman 100 lbs lighter and 6 inches shorter than him. That this sweet little girl ...
    Bank on it. And be sure to have acted so righteously and competently that, with a good attorney's assistance, such twaddle will be seen for the garbage it is.

Depending, of course, on circumstances, you might be more likely to be prosecuted for a legitimate shoot.
    Sure. Apparent disparity of force will be an uphill fight, if mere size is seen in a vaccum. Expect to have that problem. Plan now, as to how that should be countered, given likely alternative scenarios.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

I was taught and I do believe discrimination is wrong.

With that said, I would probably give a woman 18-19 feet rather than the standard 20 I would give a male BG.
    A female BG can make you just as dead as a male BG.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPR View Post
    I can hear the prosecuting attorney now, "Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury, this man wants us to believe that he was afraid for his life... that he was scared of a woman 100 lbs lighter and 6 inches shorter than him. That this sweet little girl, as you heard from her family, was somehow a threat to this much larger, scary looking guy......etc."
    And my response to that would be "God Created Man and Woman But it was Samuel Colt that made them equal, any woman that is armed is just a dangerous and deadly as the biggest baddest guy on the planet, and I treated her as such."
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

A woman or child can kill just as easily as a man. Women want to be treated equally these days. I will ablige. "Put yourself in a man's place you get deal with like a man" was my father's quote.

You try to kill me I will shoot you. I don't care who you are, what your name is, how hard of a life you had or if you use a different bathroom than I do. Cover your ears because it's going to get loud real quick.

The key here is.....

Quote Originally Posted by biasedbulldog View Post
    (hope this is the right forum)

If you had a home like mine, many of you were taught that the weakest thing that a man could possibly do would be to hit or instigate violence against a woman.

I imagine -- whether there were an actually ethical problem or not -- that this could create a subconscious hesitance in pulling the trigger.

In myself, I already wonder if, when faced with the actual prospect of ending a human life, I would do so if necessary... I like to think I would, but until I'm faced with the situation, I can never be sure.

And introduce that subconscious reluctance -- my mother screaming into my mind, if you will... what happens? Even a moment's pause could be fatal...

If a woman were posing an imminent threat of bodily harm to your or innocents around you, what would you do? What should you do?

Thoughts?
    "to .... instigate violence against a woman." You are not instigating violence against a woman, you are protecting you and yours from a violent woman. While I was raised the same way the idea of helpless, innocent women I think is a thing of the past. Have you seen how violent gang women can be? It is mind numbing.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Some of us already know how we will respond.

If you had a home like mine, many of you were taught that the weakest thing that a man could possibly do would be to hit or instigate violence against a woman.
    The obvious fact is that instigating violence is a crime and has zero to do with defending one's self and family against attack. Gender is irrelevant, when that upraised knife or firearm's muzzle is pointing at you or your loved ones. Deal with it or not, as the threat justifies. The law backs up your right to do exactly that.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

For the record, my question has less to do with whether I think it is ethical to shoot a female BG -- of course it is ethical and obligatory, and should a weapon attack me or innocents who I could protect, I plan to respond accordingly.

I am more fascinated with the idea that this "traditional gender role" mindset might impede prompt and efficient action.
    "War necessarily brings with it some virtues, and great and heroic virtues too. What horrid creatures we men are, that we cannot be virtuous without murdering one another?" -John Adams

I was brought up the same as most of you. Never raise a hand to a woman.

However, if said woman tries to kick me in the jewels, or in this context, has a weapon, she is now in my weight class...Let's dance.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Subconscious Issue Shooting a Woman?

Probably would cause me to hesitate, perhaps changing the outcome for the worse!
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    Good topic and appropriate too because times have changed. In today's world it is possible to encounter a hostile female. I know there has been quite a few cases where a female was directly involved in a beating, home invasion, burglaries, etc. Some of this may be fueled by the need for drugs.

I know a deputy that got too close to two females fighting and he nearly died from knife wounds.

I don't want to shoot a female, I don't want to shoot anyone; as usual, I just want to go home at the end of the day, and I plan on doing that.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links