Bad Experiance At work Today - Page 2

Bad Experiance At work Today

This is a discussion on Bad Experiance At work Today within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm sorry if my previous post came out wrong. I DEFINITELY believe having OC spray is much better than having nothing at all. I didn't ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad Experiance At work Today

I'm sorry if my previous post came out wrong. I DEFINITELY believe having OC spray is much better than having nothing at all. I didn't mean to imply that he would be better served without it. I just didn't want him or anyone else to think that it's a magic bullet. I carry my 5" Springfield .45 with me at all times b/c I can. In situations where pulling a gun wouldn't be warranted, I'm not at all a Billy B@d@$$, but I'm fairly confident in my ablility to dish out at least as much punishment as I receive (been fighting for a living for a loooong time...got the scars and war stroies to prove it ) so I don't carry OC. My girlfriend on the other hand doesn't have that option. Therefore, I bought her a keychain can of OC spray (and taught her to use it correctly) b/c I know that it will at least give a BG a moment of pause. If carrying a gun is not an option, OC is far and away better than nothing. Just don't expect an instantanious cessation of hostile action when it is deployed because you will be sorely disappointed. That's all I meant. Sorry if it came out wrong.
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing." - Darth Vader

Administrator

Thumbs up LordVader74

Understood your post perfectly & it came across the right way. You are correct. It sure is not a magic bullet.

By The Way...The Fox keychain units kick it. They put out a good volume of product but only for a short time. OUCH! Times 5 & Quite Quickly Blinding.
    I tested one out recently & they are quite good.
    I bought them for lots of folks around here.

You Said:
    "I know that it will at least give a BG a moment of pause." and you are correct about that also.
    Sometimes that is all you need to turn a bad situation around & in your favor.
    Something to "tip the scale" in your direction OR a precious moment to get away!
    Your comments were VERY GOOD - Accurate - AND Worthwhile & you are very easily understood! You get my Kudos and a "Thumbs Up!"

I've haven't been in a situation that would require me to have two handguns, but if I were you I'd start packing two. Two handguns with interchangeable magazines. If I'm gonna go, I wanna go two fisted.
    Seek safety at the heart of danger.

Live Easy, Die Hard

Wow, Bud! Your description made my skin crawl. As an EMT, I got called to places like that, and your description brought back the smell of a crack den, the dingy walls and the bad light. I'm glad you got out, OK.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

Lead Moderator
    Perhaps, investing in body armor might not be a bad idea either?

I am glad you made it out of there. This world is really going down the tubes, and you have to be careful. Close call.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Hey Bud, Glad to hear you didn't get your butt jammed up. In my work I go into areas that the local LE won't go into with out a SWAT team first. Also my company has a no weapons policy also no knives(including pocket knife) guns, anything. I figure I can get another job tomorrow so I usally carry in a ankle rig or whatever my mood strikes me. I don't have a dress code per say but nobody has actully see it on me. Also our trucks are subject and radomly searched ,last time my truck was searched nothing found as normal,but they never knew my 9mm was on my ankle the entire time. As far as tuckables go I had a GALCO and liked it but ended up selling it with a gun and haven't looked lately. Just my .02 Glad you got out unharmed.

Happy to hear that things came out OK. Take care.
    NRA Life Member

"All That Later"

Been carrying my XD 9mm in subcompact in a don hume iwb i had round not real comfortable waiting on my tuckables wish ankle carry was a option for me but not in my line of work

Truly blessed, man! I think I'm with QK, although I'd be inclined toward a Glock 10 mm, along with something like this:
    http://www.g-man-weaponry.com/Short_Barrel_Shotguns.htm

"Nahhh, man, I ain't carryin'. They only let the well-hung honkies come out here!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rob72
    Truly blessed, man! I think I'm with QK, although I'd be inclined toward a Glock 10 mm, along with something like this:
    http://www.g-man-weaponry.com/Short_Barrel_Shotguns.htm

"Nahhh, man, I ain't carryin'. They only let the well-hung honkies come out here!"

thats funny if my tool bag was little bigger the shottie would work

Update wellw ent back today and the Dealer was there and happy to see me and glad that i fixed the unit .. noting out of ordianry today course i was there 8:50am i have to change opinion i woner if he was the narc

Assistant Administrator
    Glad tho it was a non-eventful visit.

I'd bet you approached the place with a measure of ''pucker'' after last time!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links