Scenario: Thrown in car-trunk (1)

Scenario: Thrown in car-trunk (1)

This is a discussion on Scenario: Thrown in car-trunk (1) within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You are ambushed and forced to go into your car-trunk at gunpoint At what time do you take action ? What action would you take ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scenario: Thrown in car-trunk (1)

Lightbulb Scenario: Thrown in car-trunk (1)

You are ambushed and forced to go into your car-trunk at gunpoint

At what time do you take action ?
    What action would you take if you have your weapon on you and is placed/or being placed in the trunk at gunpoint ?

Scenario 1: Its only 1 guy
    Scenario 2: 2 guys against you
    Scenario 3: 3 Persons

The guys didn't search you so they don't know you have a weapon before forcing you into vehicle.
    Last edited by ibez; January 24th, 2008 at 03:10 PM.

Scenario 1, when he starts the car I pull the emergency trunk release and escape.

Scenario 2, when he starts the car and I'm confident both are in the car, I pull the emergency trunk release and escape.

Scenario 3, when he starts the car and I'm confident all three are in the car, I pull the emergency trunk release and escape.

Scenario 4, I sell my car that doesn't have an emergency trunk release so that I can appropriately respond to scenarios 1-3 in the future.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    LOL +1 to Matiki
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Ya, never let them take you somewhere else. As they are trying to do to you something that they can't do to you where you are currently standing.

Unlikely... I drive a pickup truck.

Also, every car built in the last 15 years has a release (glow in the dark, normally) inside the trunk.

One thing I'm very unlikely to do is try to shoot blindly into the cab of the car.

Dropping out the trunk at the first stop is probably the right thing to do, no matter how many people are in the car.

Here's one you missed:
    Situation 4: Your spouse/child/mother/etc is inside the car with the idiots who crammed you into the trunk.

Since the bad guys didn't search me and find the gun, they probably didn't notice the cell phone either. Call 911, report your location, vehicle description, and license plate number... making sure to let them know you're in the trunk!
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by cmidkiff View Post
    Unlikely... I drive a pickup truck.

Also, every car built in the last 15 years has a release (glow in the dark, normally) inside the trunk.
    I wasn't aware that cars has inside trunk-releases now,
    like you, I drive a SUV, Nissan Pathfinder = no trunk

I'd go for a ride and when they opened the trunk, I'd kill all but one of them, then torture the remaining one for information, then execute him as well. After I did that, I'd take their eyes, light them on fire, drive off, buy some dry ice and a thermal shipping box, mail the eyes to their boss and include a note to ask if he has a will, because he is going to need it...

Well...its the first thing that popped into my head...

Alternatively, I'd call for help on my cell phone, give them the description of my car and let them police know I was in the trunk and let my tax dollars do the work.

Can I have some of your drugs?

[QUOTE=MitchellCT;606151]I'd go for a ride and when they opened the trunk, I'd kill all but one of them, then torture the remaining one for information, then execute him as well. After I did that, I'd take their eyes, light them on fire, drive off, buy some dry ice and a thermal shipping box, mail the eyes to their boss and include a note to ask if he has a will, because he is going to need it...

Would you ask for a signature proof of delivery when you mailed the eyes?

Quote Originally Posted by ibez View Post
    You are ambushed and forced to go intoi your car-trunk at gunpoint

At what time do you take action ?
    What action would you take if you have your weapon on you and is placed/or being placed in the trunk at gunpoint ?

Scenario 1: Its only 1 guy
    Scenario 2: 2 guys against you
    Scenario 3: 3 Persons

The guys didn't search you so they don't know you have a weapon before forcing you into vehicle.
    Well, I'm NOT getting into any trunk...so I guess the action starts shortly before that.
    Hopefully, being alert will help prevent anything going that far...

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Well, I'm NOT getting into any trunk...so I guess the action starts shortly before that.
    Hopefully, being alert will help prevent anything going that far...

Stay armed...stay safe!
    +1

I think getting in the trunk is a bad idea, and would do so only if drawing and firing was absolutely out of the question. Otherwise, I think it will be settled at the tail of the car, outside the trunk.

What's to keep the guy(s) from putting several bullets into me once I'm in the trunk? If I took the offense violently while still outside the trunk, I might have the advantage for a few seconds.

Same advice I give my daughter: don't go anywhere with anyone trying to kidnap you. At the moment of attempted kidnapping is your best chance to get away (or eliminate the threat).

Hope I'm never faced with such a situation. It sounds ugly.

Stay armed... stay out of the trunk... stay safe!

Distinguished Member
    You are forced at gun-point, so the BG has the upper hand from the get go.

#1--Get in trunk, when the car door shuts, and the driver hits the ignition, I place about half my ammo into the driver seat area before he puts it in gear. (hope I have my xd 9 with spare mag this day) I then try my best to exit the trunk and run like the wind for cover.

#2--Get in trunk---- after the 2nd person enters the car, same action, 3 shots to each seat area. Exit the trunk as fast as possible and run for cover.

#3--How many BG have guns, if only one-- try to take him out before getting into trunk. Possibility of using a BG for cover while shooting the perp with the gun???

In #1 and #2 I would not have to worry about calling 911 afterwards even if I have my cell phone, cause my hearing would be gone.

Interesting thread.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SleepingZ View Post
    You are forced at gun-point, so the BG has the upper hand from the get go.

#1--Get in trunk, when the car door shuts, and the driver hits the ignition, I place about half my ammo into the driver seat area before he puts it in gear. (hope I have my xd 9 with spare mag this day) I then try my best to exit the trunk and run like the wind for cover.

#2--Get in trunk---- after the 2nd person enters the car, same action, 3 shots to each seat area. Exit the trunk as fast as possible and run for cover.

#3--How many BG have guns, if only one-- try to take him out before getting into trunk. Possibility of using a BG for cover while shooting the perp with the gun???

In #1 and #2 I would not have to worry about calling 911 afterwards even if I have my cell phone, cause my hearing would be gone.

Interesting thread.

Z

Thats exactly what I had said

execpt in #2, I would be shooting alternately driver side to passenger side until magazine is empty

in scenario # 3 theres a possibility of one of the BG not getting hit, if one BG is in back-seat and his body blocks/catches the bullets headed for the BG in the driver or passenger side of the front seats.

I would not get into the trunk, especially if my children were already in the vehicle. My kids would hit the floorboards and I would do whatever it takes to stop the BG. The only way the BG would be getting into the vehicle with my children would be if I were dead.

VIP Member
    IIRC a good many years ago, some woman was abducted and placed in the trunk. This was probably before emergency trunk releases. Anyway, the woman apparently takes out a taillight bulb and uses on and off flashes to alert vehicles behind her. She may have even done Morse SOS, I don't remember. It did attract someones attention, the police got involved, the vehicle was stopped and the woman saved.

The only other "case" I know about is Beavis and Butthead, they were trapped in the trunk and used the brilliant idea to jump out while running at highway speeds.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member
    Even if I weren't armed I wouldn't get in the trunk willingly. I go about 235 so I'd just lay down on the ground (if unarmed). It would take at least two men to lift me, and they're not going to be able to hold a weapon when lifting me so....

Who thinks up this stuff any how. If you are paying attention it should never come to this. My gun would be out and in use well before this takes place. I hope.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links