Another Road Rage that happened to one of my employees

This is a discussion on Another Road Rage that happened to one of my employees within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Reading the road rage thread made me think about one of my employees. He had a nasty road rage incident. See what ya'll would have ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Road Rage that happened to one of my employees

Reading the road rage thread made me think about one of my employees. He had a nasty road rage incident. See what ya'll would have done. This is a true story from Tomball, Texas.

Day after Thankgiving, he is driving down FM 2920, coming up to Cyrpess Rosehill. This truck pulls out of a gas station and almost hits him. Bob flips off the guy, but keeps driving. The BG slows down and gets behind him. Keeps running up his butt and backing off. This goes on for a mile or so. Finally, "Bob" taps his breaks.....and the BG goes nutzoid. He pulls up on Bob's butt and shoots at him. Bob and his girlfriend only hear a shot and nick sees a gun in the mirror. He tells his girlfriend to climb in rear seat and lay on the floor. He takes off. For the next 15 minates the chases him down country roads around Tomball. Shooting a few times at them. Bob is trying to lose BG but cannot get away. Finally heads back to Tomball , to get around people. He sees the Wally world and tries to pull in the parking lot. While he his trying to turn car, BG shoots again...hitting Bob in left forearm. (it was nasty looking). Doc, etimated 100 pellets in his arm. Sure looked like it from ex ray.
    BG kept going. They found the BG a few hours later driving drunk. Cops found empty 410 shells and gun in car. Put 2 + 2 together, arrest the idiot. BG idiot says he was trying to teach Bob a lesson,lol.

What would you have done in his situation?

I quit flipping people off when I started carrying.
    Last edited by wmhawth; January 31st, 2008 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by bps3040 View Post
    Bob flips off the guy, but keeps driving...

... Finally, "Bob" taps his breaks.....and the BG goes nutzoid. ...

... What would you have done in his situation?
    1.) Don't flip people off.

2.) Don't brake-check people.

I'm glad they caught the BG, and I'm very glad that Bob and his passenger survived. I don't believe in starting fights, as you may need to end the fight in the worst way possible, and it's very hard to justify that, when you started it.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I'm much more polite now that I carry - don't want any trouble.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

Senior Member Array Stirling XD's Avatar
    Seems like a phone call to police might have been in order as well.

sounds self inflicted to me, you almost got hit be glad and move on. Flipping the bird and breaking couldn't possibly help anything. He could go into the parking lot of walmart instead of all the other stuff end of issue.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Never was a good idea, and your totally right.. Really bad idea when carrying.

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    I don't flip people off either. I would have called 911 on the cell phone. Once he fired the first shot and was refusing to quit following, I would have looked for a defensive move with my vehicle the started shooting back.

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Everyone is right on the mark: Avoid situations like this. Don't do stupid things to escalate other people. When followed, call 911 and drive to police station (hopefully you know where one is). If armed, I might recommend not firing from or at a moving vehicle if you can avoid it. Your chances of hitting what you want are small and the reckless shots you take might hit something you don't want.
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Yup, the secret is - don't flip people off. Suck it up and continue to march. I've flipped people off many times in the past, but never after I began carrying.

Get out of the area. Once the shooting starts, FLOOR IT
    If you can't get away, then you're in a gunfight.

2 hard rights to put your passenger side to the threat(GF is in the back) and remember that a car is concealment, not cover

If you want to play road rage then you live with the outcome of your actions. Flipping someone off isn't asking to be shot.
    What's the line from Serenity.."If someone's trying to kill you...you kill 'em right back"
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

I agree 100% what the other members have said. I no longer flip anyone off or brake check, it is asking for trouble and trouble that I don't need. If I were still being followed I would have had GF in the back call 911 while I dictate to her our location, I would also be heading towards the parking lot of the nearest police station.
    NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Yeah----I think we can see who actually started the incident in this case. IMO, if you pull some stunts like that on the road, you're pretty much just asking for it. I agree there is no reason for shooting in this case, but what more can one say?

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    First don't put yourself in that situation...
    second...call 911 and stay in a populated area....drive around until you see a LEO....
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Your employee is very lucky.

Do not play their silly little road rage games. If some idiot cuts you off or is driving so as to endanger you; get their license number and call the police. At the same time make sure that your piece is within easy reach.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links