It's 0200 and you see your work truck getting cleaned out

This is a discussion on It's 0200 and you see your work truck getting cleaned out within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Indeed, some of us do have more than a handgun. I, for instance, have a Colt submachine gun. That doesn't mean I'm going to dump ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: It's 0200 and you see your work truck getting cleaned out

VIP Member
    Indeed, some of us do have more than a handgun. I, for instance, have a Colt submachine gun. That doesn't mean I'm going to dump a mag full-auto into the truck of a would-be car burglar. Your situation is different than most, but I still cannot imagine firing 20+ rounds of 7.62N in order to "discourage" burglars. I think you would be begging for arrest and, even if you never see the inside of a courtroom, you would most likely lose much more than you would have if the burglars simply got away with your tools...

If you are that concerned with them going from tool thieves to violent home invaders, it seems most reasonable to get into a position of cover/concealment and watch them. If they come to the house and demonstrate violent intent, then you might very well be able to shoot them without facing (too many) legal ramifications. However, dumping a mag into their truck would still be a bad idea...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

2. Remove Ads

SIXTO,
    I might toss a DD in that general direction. Those tend to get people to leave an area in a hurry. Before that, Im going to sit tight and gather as much information as possible. No amount of tools/money is worth getting into a fire fight over.
    What is a DD??

Senior Moderator
    This thread has ran its course, I've had to clean up some questionable responses. it is closed
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links