Katrina

This is a discussion on Katrina within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; QK - it seems often that there are lotsa folks out there - who never came off the nipple! They are individually useless regarding resourcefulness ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Katrina

Assistant Administrator
    QK - it seems often that there are lotsa folks out there - who never came off the nipple!

They are individually useless regarding resourcefulness (which is NOT all down to money) - and happy to be couch-potato freeloaders all their miserable lives.

So SSKC - looting already eh! Not surprised - there will be opportunists out there just itching to grab what they can. I hope there might be enough folks back soon who could maybe apply ''education by lead'' but sadly looters will probably do their worst before then - they are total scum.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    When Isabel hit us 2 years ago myself and many other people in the area posted big "looters will be shot" signs about the neighborhoods, and although we don't live in the greatest area...there was no looting. As a matter of fact, one guy down the street who I knew pretty well posted a sign that said, "If I don't shoot you one of my neighbors will...loot at your own risk." I really think he was hoping somebody would try just to see how it would go. (He was OLD!!! and crotchity, really funny guy WWII vet and didn't take crap from the dope dealers in the neighborhood)
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

Administrator

cjm5874

That's great. Not much lower than LOOTERS...taking advantage of people and stealing from them at a ROCK BOTTOM point in their lives. That is disgusting to me.

I feel pretty bad that some people got hit really hard last night & today.
    Natural Disasters seem to bring out the BEST in some people and the Very WORST in other people.

Hurricane Andrew and the aftermath around Homestead provide many good scenarios for disaster/terrorism counter-response. Looting is one major problem. So is what happens a few days after, when government services are disrupted, and those dependent on government services get restless. People get cranky when the lights go out, and it gets hot and uncomfortable, and there is a boil order on the water supply. And all the food in the refrigerator/freezer starts to spoil. There's no ice at the stores that are open. The government water buffalos run dry. Price gouging becomes common. Gangs form. People start to gather in the streets and obstruct traffic. Lots of good scenarios.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

Anyone here seen the movie "The Trigger Effect"? That movie came out in '96 if memory serves, and even though its just a movie it still really woke me up about having extra water, food, fuel, batteries, ammo, etc. Last year when charley hit I was without power for 5 days. Just thinking about any length of time without power and/or govt. services scares the crap out of me, and its the reason I always have loaded rifle mags ready to go. I think all my college-age neighbors have is maybe extra liquor for "hurricane parties" :1saufen:

Lead Moderator
    Good to be prepared and self sufficent. We used to live in the U.P. , which is a survival situation sometimes with all the snow they get sometimes. We always had supplies for atleast a week, a snowmachine to get out with and a plan.

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    QK - it seems often that there are lotsa folks out there - who never came off the nipple!

They are individually useless regarding resourcefulness (which is NOT all down to money) - and happy to be couch-potato freeloaders all their miserable lives.

So SSKC - looting already eh! Not surprised - there will be opportunists out there just itching to grab what they can. I hope there might be enough folks back soon who could maybe apply ''education by lead'' but sadly looters will probably do their worst before then - they are total scum.

Good post P95 I did not see this I just posted my take on katrina on the general section. You are so right the goons will come out at night. Guys do you save your guns if you can't leave. I see me packing my two favorites if I had to go to the stadium. 1911 and Model 37 with my old ruck sack loaded down good. However, I just see myself out of there long gone, since I have been told that I am paranoid any
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links