Hypothetical situation,.....Food For Thought !

This is a discussion on Hypothetical situation,.....Food For Thought ! within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You shoot any LEO especially Federal by mistake tragic accident or anything else and you are toast regardless of Castle law or anything else no ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hypothetical situation,.....Food For Thought !

You shoot any LEO especially Federal by mistake tragic accident or anything else and you are toast regardless of Castle law or anything else no excuses accepted by LE. Even if you can afford the best legal defence team $ can buy your chances of going to prison are still 50/50 in this type situation. The only time this type of shooting is looked at objectively is when a LEO shoots an innocent citizen. Then there are always extenuating circumstances that need to be looked at. Go figure..

2. Remove Ads

A FBI agent serving a search warrant by himself? With those circumstances, I would say that the agent is not on the up-and-up and doesn't want witnesses to his intentions. No LEO that I know of would execute a search warrant by themselves if it was legitimate, for one very simple reason: there is no telling what is on the other side of the door.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    All I know about the Patriot Act is that it is bad JuJu.
    All I know about the Patriot Act is that it is a lightning rod for paranoia, but it hasn't had any actual negative consequences (unlike most other laws).

Quote Originally Posted by SMSTRICK View Post
    What happens when a death resulting in a self written search warrant crosses the Castle Doctrine and the right of a law abiding citizen to defend their life while on their property ?
    I'm pretty sure this is a legal question and I am sure that I am not a lawyer. But I think the test in court would be the 'reasonable man' standard. In other words, a jury would be asked how they think a 'reasonable man' would act in the situation. If they think it was reasonable to fear for your life they would be instructed to find you not guilty.

I seem to remember a case from many years ago (from Florida?) in which a SWAT team served a "no-knock" warrant on a house that was named by a paid confidential informant as a drug house. The CI wanted money and just basically picked th house at random. The startled homeowner shot at least one of the LEOs and was not charged. In fact, I think he sued. I wish I could find the story again.

IMHO, it is not anti-terror enforcement which creates this risk, it is drug enforcement tactics going back decades which are the problem.

For example:

Aunt says Frederick was protecting himself when officer was shot | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

and

Self-defense argument against law enforcement serving no-knock warrant to play out in Bibb court

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    Of all the "Hypothetical situations" on here, this one is way out there. I never heard of "self written search warrent". I seriously doubt that an FBI agent would try to serve a warrent by their lonesome and if they did or had 10 other agents with them, they would have to announce themselves. If they didn't announce themselves then it is shame on them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links