Pulled Firearm Now What???

This is a discussion on Pulled Firearm Now What??? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; +1 for calling 911 every time your weapon is out of its holster in public. First ensure you are personally safe. If not safe, take ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pulled Firearm Now What???

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    +1 for calling 911 every time your weapon is out of its holster in public.

First ensure you are personally safe. If not safe, take action or depart quickly to safe location.

Call 911 and follow instructions. Hopefully you have a concealed telephone (aka cellphone)

good example of this: thread of tow truck driver who drew after road rage incident:
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...pon-today.html
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

2. Remove Ads

I'd calll 911 ASAP.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

oh yea, i think everyone will agree. you call the police ASAP
    Wo die Notwehr aufhört, fängt der Mord an
    (Murder begins where self-defense ends)
    Georg Büchner

VIP Member
    I say to myself "Hey look free gun, I might need this when Hillary gets elected". OK just kidding I call 911 and wait for LEO to arrive.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    "Hey look free gun..."
    Found one while at college in Southern California (gosh, am I thrilled to be here instead!).

There was a hazmat incident in our Chem building, and one of the officers was overcome. They evidently brought him outside, laid him down, and 'loosened constrictive clothing' (they removed his duty belt with all the toys). The ambulance came and took him away, and I spotted the belt in the grass some time later.

If I remember correctly, I carried the securely-holstered gun by the far end of the duty belt so as not to look like a threat, and sent my pal in to the police station first to warn them I was coming in - no cell phones those days.

Everything was cool (I worked for them at the time as a kid with a radio and keys, so I was kind of family already), and they were quite appreciative. I don't know if anyone got chewed on aftewards.

This was long ago in 38 special revolver days. Had it been a Glock, it would have been harder.

Call 911...check.
    Wait for PD. ...check.
    If in danger secure orphaned gun (without contaminating with prints) and extract self from danger. ...check.
    Then call 911 again. ... check.

Quote Originally Posted by CopperKnight View Post
    In this case not only because you pulled your gun, but because now there is an orphaned "weapon" lying on the ground that you probably don't want to take home and don't want to leave on the ground for a kid to come across.
    911 is your only real option. Don't take the gun! You have no idea what that gun had been used for. With my luck it would end up being the gun used by the guy on the grassy knoll the day Kennedy was shot!

The good news is that you have some significant poof that you were in danger (the dropped gun with the BG's fingerprints on it). And I'm guessing that if the police ID the BG, odds are he won't have a CCW permit, so his excuses will sound pretty lame to the police.
    Somewhere in the Pacific NW

If I pull leather or show my gun I will be on the phone to 911.

In your case, call asap, and if you can safely secure the "dropped" gun without touching it, that's what I would do. Hint, stand over it while on the phone to 911.

First thing to do is keep yourself safe, then worry about the other stuff.

Biker

Call 911 ASAP.....this is how it worked for me in the great state of TEXAS

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...pon-today.html
    David

Ride hard and Shoot safe

The first rule of gunfighting should be to know when the gunfight starts - being the last one to get the news certainly won't put the odds in your favor.

New Member Array TnOutdoorsman81's Avatar
    I have to agree... I have had my CCW license for 6 years, pulled once, and the BGs fled. I was on the phone with 911 before my gun was reholstered. My instructor told gave class a valuable piece of advice... "After drawing your weapon, it's a race to the phone." Absolutely could not be more true. More often than not, the police look at it that the victim will be the one to make the call.

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gpsxplr View Post
    I agree, Call the police a quickly as possible and tell them your side of the story, before the BG or someone else does and tries to tell a different story.

Exactly! If some witness calls 911, they are going to describe you as a guy with a gun wearing what ever you are wearing. They don't know who you are and the fact that you have a permit. Your best bet is to call 911, give them your side of the story and ask them to let the responding officer know that you have a permit and you are armed. If they know who you are before they arrive, they will more then likley be more pleasent to you when they arrive.

To prevent a "brandishing" charge later, I would be on the cell phone calling 9-1-1 ASAP.
    "Bad spellers of the world - untie!"

DAV Life member, NRA Life member

Springfield XD 9mm Sub-Compact
    Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm

Call 9-1-1 immediately. After giving my side of the story and a description and direction of travel of the suspect I would then beg forgiveness for being slow enough to let him get away, and pray that I don't get deported back to Maryland.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    call 911 as soon as the threat is cleared.

depends on what kind of pistol he dropped
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links