This is a discussion on How many times have you had to use a firearm for self-defense? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by wht06rado Me too!!! Same here! Ron...
my shoot never got past the prosecutor - I spent $0.00
the harassment and threats from his family afterwards cost me a thriving business...
The one and only time, I produced an empty .36 black-powder pistol from the floorboard of my Dad's car to "discourage" a car full of punks waving baseball bats from using me for batting practice. They sped on by, after one of them shouted, "He's got a gun!".
Never had to produce a loaded gun; hope to God I never have to.
Two folks have had to use a firearm more than 10 times?
Where do they live? (So I will stay the heck away from that neighborhood!!!).
Last edited by Captain Crunch; February 20th, 2008 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Deleted a language workaround.
"Bad spellers of the world - untie!"
DAV Life member, NRA Life member
Springfield XD 9mm Sub-Compact
Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm
Once,I had to pull it but bad guy ran so no shots fired,thank God.sj
Just once I had to only turn and let a couple punks see my holster. Guess I was fortunate that I had a Ruger Blackhawk (rather large in that holster!).
I hope that's as near as I ever have to get.
Cape Locum Et Fac Vestigium
The wife and I were heading home from a nice Valentines day dinner and this obviously drunk guy just wouldnt leave us alone...tailgating, honking, cursing, and when we stopped at a red light he got out and ran up to my open drivers side window. So I showed him the business end of my .45 and suggested he leave us alone. It worked thank goodness, he drove off.
I'd hate to consider what have happened if he kept coming at us.
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Three incidents, none of which (thank goodness!) required a discharge.
1) Two inebriated males in a large van one night started playing vehicle "games" with me while I was solo in a small econobox. After they refused repeatedly to pass when I slowed down and waved them on, I stopped my car and exited with .45 in hand (pointed down). The van broke speed records in its category for reverse driving.
2) Again two inebriated males in large pickup truck late at night (I used to work 2nd shift). Pulled up beside me, with obnoxious passenger hanging out of window, muttering insults. Slowed to let them get ahead, but the driver slowed to match, and pulled a shotgun up from the floorboard. Before he could get past the passenger and point it at me, my .357 was up and in his direction. They sped up and departed the scene.
3) Traveling alone long distance between midwest and SE part of the country, stopped at night in a budget motel. Was stripped down to my skivvies getting ready for bed, when the door was busted open by a very large individual with hostile expression. The .45 under the pillow was immediately produced, at which point Goliath said "sorry" and left. I called the desk and advised them of the incident, then wedged the door shut with a chair and went to sleep.
Hopefully nothing like these ever happens again, but (if so) I'll try to stay ready.
My only situations were:
- Former girlfriend of a long time ago was also seeing another guy. He came looking for me apparently when he found out she was double dating. She said he was viciously violent and would probably kill me.
When he drove up into the driveway, the 12guage was aimed directly at him. No shots fired. He actually turned out to be a great guy and she was just a whore that lied to both of us.
- Second time was relatively recent. Was staying the night in a shoddy hotel in Oxford Alabama. I was on a Jeep offroad weekend at a place called Morris Mountain ORV Park. It was cold as ice and raining and I wasnt prepared to stay outdoors in that weather. Two friends and myself split the room cost. While upstairs unloading our gear to the room, we walked back out onto the balcony and noticed two thugs circle the truck and looking in the bed. They saw us and eased off into the shadows. About half an hour later when we were almost ready to crash, BUMP BUMP BUMP! Some one knocking hard on the door. Fearing a possible room invasion robbery, or worse since one of my friends was a female, I pulled the XD .45 and looked out the window. My buddy recognized the guy as one of the thugs from earlier. I placed the XD against the window to give him a good look at it. The thug raised his hands up and said "Its cool man . . . its cool".
My buddy slowly opened the door as I gave him cover with the XD just in case.
The guy asked if we knew someone, cant remember the name now. Said he was there to meet that person. My buddy told him no we didnt know them and he closed the door.
The girl with us had already called the police and they showed up just as the guy walked back downstairs. He was detained, along with his four other companions that were out back sitting in a car. Apparently they had no reason to hold them and the police let them go half hour later.
Never, Thank God. I hope to keep it that way. I had a guy pull a knife on me once....scarred the crap outta me, before I could react, he ran away.
God Bless America!!
ZERO. I'd like to keep it that way but if the need arises I am prepared.
0...by the Grace of God.
This is the ONLY kind of goose-egg I like!!
It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.
1988 DIE HARD 2008