How to properly shoot two muggers :)

This is a discussion on How to properly shoot two muggers :) within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; http://www.the-roberts.info/gallery/...collateral.mpg I think I've watched this about 100 times by now....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to properly shoot two muggers :)

http://www.the-roberts.info/gallery/...collateral.mpg

I think I've watched this about 100 times by now.
    "There are more things on this planet with fangs, claws, poisons, and scales, than there are things that are warm, fuzzy, and full of love. It's just a simple fact." - James Keating

That was awesome

everything was fine and good till he goes up and shoots the one guy in the head that would get ya introuble

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    everything was fine and good till he goes up and shoots the one guy in the head that would get ya introuble
    "There are more things on this planet with fangs, claws, poisons, and scales, than there are things that are warm, fuzzy, and full of love. It's just a simple fact." - James Keating

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    Awww shucks, he was just trying to save the State some money.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

DC Founder
    LOL, I doubt he was worrying about keeping out of trouble, being a hitman is not the career to avoid trouble. But that is my favorite scene in the movie.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Assistant Administrator
    Yep - that is a most effective piece of movie - and by all accounts Cruise did a lot of tac' training to get up to speed.

I posted a while back a rather large GIF file which shows just this bit - small physically but as it loops you can just watch and watch Here it is again .....

Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

DC Founder
    Thanks, Chris, I swiped it
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

P, you're the man lol. I was hoping there was a gif of that somewhere

Assistant Administrator
    First two shots, to BG one - seem to be strong hand in retension/low ready - pure point shooting.

Then extended arms and probably two hand hold for second BG - who gets the last of the Mozambiue in fact before he has hit the deck.

Pretty decisive!!
    Last edited by P95Carry; August 30th, 2005 at 04:56 PM.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

1952 - 2006
    You know, I've had this movie for almost 2 months now and it's still sitting in the bag from Blockbuster in front of the TV. I cannot believe that I haven't seen it yet.

It is most certainly a good scene. The draw and speed rock two rounds are classically perfect.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Actually, this is a very good demonstration of...

...getting inside one's opponant's OODA loop. If Cruise's attacker was as aware and ready as Cruise was, Cruise would be dead.

Step through the video and you will see that Cruise uses his left hand to knock his attacker's gun hand off line as he goes for his own gun. However Cruise didn't retain control of the attacker's gun hand and the attacker "lasered" Curise while Cruise's gun was still in the holster. Had the attacker been expecting the move instead of seeing Cruise as a soft victim, Cruise would be dead.
    There's a reason The Sopranos is set in New Jersey.
    Basic Pistol

Great clip, and good movie. IIRC, Cruise trained with Andy MacNab (ex-SAS) for the combatives and gun-handling scenes.
    Quote Originally Posted by grnzbra
    ...getting inside one's opponant's OODA loop. If Cruise's attacker was as aware and ready as Cruise was, Cruise would be dead.

Step through the video and you will see that Cruise uses his left hand to knock his attacker's gun hand off line as he goes for his own gun. However Cruise didn't retain control of the attacker's gun hand and the attacker "lasered" Curise while Cruise's gun was still in the holster. Had the attacker been expecting the move instead of seeing Cruise as a soft victim, Cruise would be dead.
    True, but it seems to me that the same thing could be said about any gun disarm. If the attacker knows what he's doing, you're not going to get the opportunity. It's because they are not immediately willing to shoot and are trying to intimidate you that you even have a chance to go for a disarm.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    Watch the 2nd BG dance around as he tried to get his weapon out of the front of his pants.

I don't carry there, 5:00 OWB right now, but I'd like to think I could have gotten my weapon into action faster than that even if I did. THe only thing that saved Cruise is that the BG's weapon got caught up or something.

Since the 1st BGs weapon is knocked out of line one round into him, followed by two into the 2nd, and back to put another in the 1st if he was still on his feet might have been better IRL. Much better if Cruise had retained ontrol of the 1st BG's weapon, too.

1st BG's "pimp grip" is classic from what I've seen off of stop-and-rob security video.
    Last edited by tanksoldier; September 9th, 2005 at 07:55 AM.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Is there a way I can save the video (not the link, the actual video) to my computer?
    For God, Family and Country!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links