Multiple Threats…What would YOU do?

This is a discussion on Multiple Threats…What would YOU do? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; personal defense TV had a thing about an attacker being close and the guy said draw and shoot from your hip instead of pulling all ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Multiple Threats…What would YOU do?

personal defense TV had a thing about an attacker being close and the guy said draw and shoot from your hip instead of pulling all the way up and shooting

if i knew they were going to kill me and i didnt have a gun i would go for the quickest death blow i could think of ie:heart punch, temple punch, etc etc and then run like crazy and hide

2. Remove Ads

Before I start I want to thank you and everyone who creates food for thought scenerios. It is amazing how this site can save your life. I will always from this day foward have my hand on my gun as I walk toward my car. Reason is that as soon as the BG shows me his weapon I can pull out and either hip shoot or aim. This can eliminate the treat as soon as it starts.

So, I'm walking towards my car with my right hand on my gun which I carry in a soft holster at 1:00 (SIG226). The moment the BG asks me for my wallet I pull and shoot. Turn around and defend my ground from the other two.

Before this scenerio was posted I wouldn't of known what to do. The truth is your in a BAd situation and unless they have a good heart or you eliminate the threat as it starts, you will find yourself dead.

Just a side note: would it be realistic to reach into your pocket like you were getting a wallet and just shoot through your coat (assuming you have a coat and you have a weapon there).

Quote Originally Posted by Lange View Post
    Just a side note: would it be realistic to reach into your pocket like you were getting a wallet and just shoot through your coat (assuming you have a coat and you have a weapon there).
    You know, i always wanted to know how realistic it is to shoot through clothing or your holster.
    Sounds like the begining to a new thread.
    You should start it.

MJK
    This is a difficult tactical problem and the outcome is not guaranteed to be in my favor. I may go down, but I will have at least 15 seconds to return the BGs' attention with overwhelming violence.

1. Objective: survive
    2. I always carry condition 1
    3. I carry a "throw down" wallet in my off-side rear pocket. The wallet comes out, gets tossed on the ground toward the BG's strong hand. As he's reaching for the wallet on the ground I step off the axis of attack, draw and fire.
    4. Continue moving to cover and engage BG's 2 & 3 as necessary.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links