Multiple Threats…What would YOU do?
About 90% of attacks take place within 10 feet. Most of which take place at 0-6 feet. I want to present “a” situation to you to get some of your thought processes in handling this situation.
You are heading to your car in a parking lot when a thug comes out of “no where” as they often do because of the lack of awareness or because they were actually hiding. The thug has a gun concealed in his pocket and presents it to you when he is about 5 feet away from you. While starring down the barrel of the gun you are surrounded by two more thugs who approach from the rear and they appear to have knives and are about 5-6 feet away. You are standing in the middle of the parking “lane” with cars about 7-10 feet away on your left and right sides. The thugs have cut off your option to run in the open space of the “lane” in front and behind you.
The thug in charge (who has the gun) demands your wallet. You throw it to him and then he says something about there not being any or enough money in it and becomes irate and threatens to shoot you. What are you going to do?
Here are things that I want to know.
1. What is your primary goal in this situation?
2. What are you going to do and how are you going to accomplish it. That is, if you move, what direction are you going to move and with what footwork? Are you going to try and create distance? If using your gun, are you going to use a two handed shooting platform with your arms extended? Provide as many details as you can envision in this situation as to what you would do.
We are going to split this up into three “options” with you so you need to provide “three” answers.
1. You have your gun and one is in the chamber.
2. You have your gun but you don’t keep a round chambered.
3. You are without your gun because it is in your car.
Here is some food for thought as you try and resolve this situation while you are at your monitor and not out in the real world facing a real life threat.
Being TOTALLY honest with yourself, are you confident enough about your skills to be able to draw your gun and shoot the attacker(s) and take them out of the fight at this close of a distance with multiple threats?
If you say that you will disarm them when you don’t have a gun, what skills do you really have to back that tactic up?
Train hard, train often, and train REALISTICALLY!!!