Car commercial

Car commercial

This is a discussion on Car commercial within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Saw an ad on tv for a car that can tell if someone is near it (supposedly hiding). In the ad the gal sees the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car commercial

Car commercial

Saw an ad on tv for a car that can tell if someone is near it (supposedly hiding). In the ad the gal sees the indication on her key fob. She then backs up and runs away.

I think it would have been a lot more entertaining to have her pull out a magnum and take care of business...

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Actually, if I am thinking of the same commercial, it's a heartbeat sensor that lets you know somebody is inside the car. Makes you wonder how someone who doesn't check the inside of the car is going to actually bother to look at the light on the key fob...
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Senior Member Array Stirling XD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GBS View Post

I think it would have been a lot more entertaining to have her pull out a magnum and take care of business...
    It would be nice to see that, but IMHO that would not be the wise thing to do. I've seen that commercial too. While the key fob does indicate that someone is in the car, it does not indicate how many, how they are armed or if they have a lookout stationed somewhere else. Of course there is the possibility that retreating might be more dangerous than confronting whoever is in the car. I would rather face the BG in the backseat then face 4 gangbangers that are following me. I want to take whatever action is least likely to result in a shooting. If I were living out that commercial, I'd turn around too.

Quote Originally Posted by Stirling XD View Post
    It would be nice to see that, but IMHO that would not be the wise thing to do.
    Agreed - absolutely, but it would have been fun to work the angle of the 2A or a shameless plug for the NRA...

yeah - leave it to VOLVO

Are Volvo's that easy to break into?

For the money you spend buying one, they should have a damned fine security system, on the level of the trunk monkey at least.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by matiki View Post
    Are Volvo's that easy to break into?

For the money you spend buying one, they should have a damned fine security system, on the level of the trunk monkey at least.
    And for those very few of you who do not know about it, here it is;

Trunk Monkey Theft Retrieval System
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Does the heartbeat sensor only detect human heartbeat or will it also detect animal heartbeats? I am curious if it will detect any pets that are left in the vehicle.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Now I'm confused...
    If there's a dog in the car, does it matter if it senses another?

Quote Originally Posted by GBS View Post
    Now I'm confused...
    If there's a dog in the car, does it matter if it senses another?
    I would say yes, as some people leave their dogs in the car. Just because the BG is in the car also, does not mean the dog will be barking. BG could bring treats to calm dog, kill the dog, let the dog out of the car, etc. Just looking for clarification.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    This could be a good idea for those horrible parents that some how forget they have children in the car and the kid is dead eight hrs later if the fob beeps.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Wouldn't work if the kid was dead, no heartbeat. No excuse for being a bad parent.

combine the heartbeat sensor with a gas release system for the interior then you might have something.
    have a button the the fob that turns all the seats into giant stun guns when the sensor goes off
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Quote Originally Posted by dunndw View Post
    have a button the the fob that turns all the seats into giant stun guns when the sensor goes off
    Now THAT would be a funny commercial!
    "Let me control the textbooks, and I will control the state." - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by bluedaisy View Post
    Now THAT would be a funny commercial!
    With my luck, my dog would jump in, set the thing off and just pee all over the seats............

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links