More speculation

This is a discussion on More speculation within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The BG you capped, totally legitimately 2 months ago, has family. You have been cleared of any charges due to it being a genuine defensive ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More speculation

Assistant Administrator

More speculation

The BG you capped, totally legitimately 2 months ago, has family. You have been cleared of any charges due to it being a genuine defensive shooting.

There are drug and gang connections within and you hear a reliable rumor that they are ''out to get ya''.

IMO there is about squat you can do - short of total change of location and ID. This is the one situation I would fear most - based on the premise that someone who is out to shut you down, will almost always have the benefit of surprise - whether they plan a drive-by or just decide to attack at some time and place of their choosing.

Is there any way at all to protect against this!? Short of learning to never sleep and having eyes sewn into both sides of your head as well as the back!

I'm not kidding - because if I turned this around and was determined to take someone out - I know darned well - I could, because it is I who would choose that time and place and method. Unlikely all that I grant you but - still food for thought.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    impossible to totally protect someone. Look at the Secret Service. Best ya could do was find who was related to the BG, get photos of them and friends, gang members. Change your drive routes, times and be aware.

This actually isn't as far fetched as you think. Happened to my uncle back in the 1970s. He didn't shoot in self defense but a knife was involved.

He did everything and nothing worked. He moved. That worked. He is still ready for those ******** to show up.

Of course this is one of those situations where the guy that survived it was doing the wrong things himself and isn't proud of any of his exploits at all some thirty years later.

Administrator

BG Wants To Take You Out

Depending on the skill level of he who wants to "Snuff" you...there may be "not much" and "precious little" that you can do about it.
    High power scoped rifle could "take you right out"...on your front porch while you're fetching your morning newspaper in your jockey shorts & from a block (or more) away. You may never get that first sip of "Morning Joe"
    Hopefully, the Scumbag Snuffer will not be quite that talented of a shootist.

Decent Body Armor comes to mind as one possible prevention measure.

Actually, this type of situation is probably more common than you think.
    Not usually with a Stranger Druggie BG but, with a disgruntled or suicidal relative or family member Ex~In Law, etc., that wants to take a few despised family members with him that he is POed at...to Never Never Land.
    Old Cousin Charlie "The Deer Hunter"....that you didn't make that "loan" to...so he could pay his mortgage & then he lost his house...& then he started drinking & then his Wife left him & then he does not wanna live anymore....and it's all YOUR fault! :chairshot
    He would probably be more likely to try to take you with him than a
    "Friend Of Strange Druggie" ~ Just my opinion.

Assistant Administrator
    Makes me think of a new book title - ''in the cross hairs''!!!

Published posthumously of course
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry

Is there any way at all to protect against this!? Short of learning to never sleep and having eyes sewn into both sides of your head as well as the back!

I'm not kidding - because if I turned this around and was determined to take someone out - I know darned well - I could, because it is I who would choose that time and place and method. Unlikely all that I grant you but - still food for thought.
    Yes, a person could just move, or.....

Remind me again why we always have to be the good guys...
    I guess that practicing a little..."creative pre-emption"...would be out of the question, eh?
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

No, the aggressor has the advantage of time, place, etc. Sooner or later you will be toast.
    Keep the shotgun handy!!

Unless you act first. Hire a PI have him followed, aggressively pursue his jailing, I did this to the ******* that robbed my parents then wanted to get back at them because I found out who it was and sent in the law. Jail time can really change their mind, especially when you do it again as soon as they get out. Don't give them room to breathe, attack first.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

XD9
    This is related to the reason why I picked up the XD9 that I have. My ex told me one day that she was so pissed at me that she was going to get an aquiantance that she knows to beat the s*** out of me. Next day I had a gun. Things have calmed down now and I don't know how real the threat was but I wasn't taking any chances. Now I am always ready when I go out.
    There are 2 sounds in the world that strike more fear than any others. A click when you should hear a bang and a bang when you should hear a click.

Quote Originally Posted by KC135
    No, the aggressor has the advantage of time, place, etc. Sooner or later you will be toast.

First P95 good post I have thought of this at times I do not know if it would be possible for anyone to just up and move in that situation. This would mean you would have to have some cash to move and start over. KC135 by the way thats a good aircraft. Anyway this is in regard to your "Sooner or later you will be toast". I would not go that far,,, mind set, preparation, courage, determination. Then if you bite it, God pulled your card...
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Makes me think of a new book title - ''in the cross hairs''!!!

Published posthumously of course
    LMAOOOOOO

IMHO, once they bring the fight to your door, you're always on your guard. Time, place and method are alway on their side.........

stay safe.........

Mike

Totally agree with ROCKY - if possible get to know pics and any information possible about family members, friends, and acquaintances. Wrong side of the 8-ball no matter what.

Lead Moderator
    I have been threaten w/ retaliation/violence, but it was never carried out. It's tough to be looking over your shoulder all the time.
    Route , habit and routine changes help to throw others off , if they pre plan something. Other than that, be on guard as usual.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I agree with what everyone has said. Eventually, if they are determined, they would get you. Unless you either a) Stayed in your house living like a hermit b) moved to another city/state

Jason

after the first one showed up and threatened my wife, I quit my job and we moved over a couple of hundred miles...

Phone is always listed, just not in any of our names....

I'm still alive, and I still have to make visits to that locality upon occaision....

they want some......I'm ready....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links