Opinions pls. - Page 2

Opinions pls.

This is a discussion on Opinions pls. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I think drawing your weapon was the first mistake you just mad a bad situation worse. I would first try to get the attention of ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinions pls.

New Member Array mark greenfield's Avatar
    I think drawing your weapon was the first mistake you just mad a bad situation worse. I would first try to get the attention of this person to inform him or her that i just called the le and the are comming if this does not bring the situation down a level then alternate measures should be taken.We are not police the normal person is not trained to handel this ,things could go very bad for all partys

Assistant Administrator
    Things could go bad yes indeed - but the time factor is crucial - that's why I reckoned a phone call just might not be viable.

We could bat this around in many, many ways and all come up with different but still all ''sensible'' measures. Remember tho - at least way I am looking at it - we interpret the threat to another by gun as SERIOUS - like, someone is about to get shot!

The interpretation of that threat makes all the difference to how we react - and I too have family to return to and am not in any way a cop!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BTW - welcome Mark
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Thank you for the wellcome p95 yes u make a very good point once again if we were to belive there was no time for any other allternative but stopping this threat at gun point then thats what has to be done, but god willing we will never be put to this test!

Assistant Administrator
    My oh my - we do have fun with our scenarios.

May not be quite always ''real world'' but hey - it sure provokes some deeper thinkin"
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Talking

sure does lol

Quote Originally Posted by nrmcolt
    Guys/Gals

Situation: An aggressor (could be male/female) is attacking someone with the intention of great bodily harm or even death with a deadly weapon in hand, you are a ccw holder(PTC),
    Unless legally required, they (the aggressor) do not get a warning. If so required, and it progresses as described, failure on their part to comply with my, "Face down! Face down! Face down!", I would interpret as furtherance of lethal-intent, and I would respond with the maximum level of force locally allowed.

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    I would have to know if the "attacker" was really an attacker or if they finally got control of an assault on themselves before I would get involved.

Side topic: Notice how the thread with "opinion please" has the most responses?????
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

First of all if this is a complete stranger that I do not know I call the police and don't even think about showing my weapon because, if you run up on a domestic dispute and the one who is getting the beating decides that you are wrong you have problems. I will pick call the cops stay out of it. However, if it is family, friend etc I unholster because they will definitley appreciate the support and you do not risk them getting in court and sueing you for helping I do not know we live in strange world these days. The knights in shining armour no longer are safe from the lawyers....
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Honestly is there a good reason they should keep advancing on you if they're honestly giving up?
    This was the first thing I thought of. Who in his right mind would advance on an armed person while unarmed?

Remember, if the would be attacker is indeed unarmed, YOU are now the aggressor.

I agree with Chris again here,
    shout a lot issuing commands to STOP!!

But, more than 2..........a warning shot to get the morons attention that your piece is REAL. Show him who's boss!

I see no need to reholster your weapon once it's drawn until ordered to by police or the suspect is otherwise subdued. If you retreat more than a few paces the attacker my exploit your uncertainty to his/her advantage. Again, a warning shot to get his attention. Nothing like a big BANG to get someones attention!

Yes, yes I know, where is your warning shot gonna go? Pick a target and let one loose. You'll think of something. I once saw a cop shoot the door of his own cruiser to ward off two pitbulls. It worked :-)

Mike

Boy, I don't know

I'm real reluctant when it comes to third party intervention. Some say the guy coming toward you is the agressor. But he's dropped his weapon and you are now pointing a gun at him. To another outside party you now appear to be the agressor. Do you really know what's going on, or do you just think you know. Maybe you just pulled a gun on a cop who was trying to make an arrest. Third party intervention scares the hell out of me. You better make damn sure you're right.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nrmcolt
    Guys/Gals

Situation: An aggressor (could be male/female) is attacking someone with the intention of great bodily harm or even death with a deadly weapon in hand, you are a ccw holder(PTC), you draw your pistol at low ready and shout command to the attacker to drop the weapon which he/she does but, after dropping said weapon the attacker begin to advance to your position showing signs of aggressive behavior towards you but is unarmed.

Question: What would you do?

Thanks!
    Call his/her bluff? You raise your weapon and advance as you SHOUT AT THE TOP OF YOUR LUNGS TO LAY THE F*** DOWN. If you project enough agression you make the BG clear that his life as he knows it is about to end unless compliance is inmediate. Overwhelm him with stimuli and shortcircuit his train of thought.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    you should have shot them when they were armed.
    Why didn't you?

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links