An idiot and his gun

An idiot and his gun

This is a discussion on An idiot and his gun within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I don't know if this one goes here, but I do want to share as what NOT to do. This afternoon on my way to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An idiot and his gun

VIP Member

An idiot and his gun

I don't know if this one goes here, but I do want to share as what NOT to do. This afternoon on my way to the range I had to make a stop by the bank to get some money out of the ATM. I am a lazy SOB so I do this via the Drive-Thru ATM that happened to be at that moment being serviced by the local Brinks armored truck. I was on the ATM lane but some 15-20 yards away while the guard was tending to the machine and his partner (Driver) had the truck parked as he wanted to drive in the lane the wrong way thus blocking the exit. I am looking at the guard on the ground doing his thing and I noticed that the driver was moving inside the cab... he was unholstering his gun! I go "Oh Feces!" thinking that I am gonna end up in the middle of a hold up and checking my rearview mirrors for bad guys rushing in. Not a thing. I looked at the driver again and I notice that he is resting the barrel of the gun on top of the steering wheel, aiming it at me and looking damn serious. I asses the situation and couldn't help myself: I started to laugh. I don't know if this idiot realized that he couldn't shoot through the damn bulletproof glass and I dont think he realized that, if I wanted to attack his buddy he couldn't do squat because his door was being blocked by a very thick hedge which he parked against.
    After he saw me laughing, he lowered the gun but I didnt see him holster it. His partner finished his duty, thanked me for being patient and jumped in the truck. They drove away.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

jezz what a maroon

Lead Moderator
    anyone who points a gun at another, thru bulletproof glass or not , should have said firearm shoved up an orifice. Personally, I would be pissed enough to call his company, if not talk to the driver myself. this idiot is representing gun users and owners badly.

1943 - 2009
    Miggy,

Ya gotta report this bozo to Brinks management. This idiot has no business carrying a firearm.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

VIP Member
    I think I will do it as soon as I figure a way not to break out laughing while telling my story.
    I'll let you guys know how it ends.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Administrator

Question

He was covering his partner through the Bullet Proof Glass on a door that would not open...absolutely brilliant.
    It's a good thing you were not who he thought you might be.

Heck...I just now thought of something.
    Don't they have those little slots in armored vehicles that the driver/guards can shoot out from? Maybe he could have plugged you after all.

DC Founder
    I would definitely turn the guy in before he negligently shoots someone, possibly himself. Makes you wonder if that is a routine thing for him to do while sitting in the cab with his thumb.... in his nose.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch
    Miggy,

Ya gotta report this bozo to Brinks management. This idiot has no business carrying a firearm.
    +1
    Don't delay, the sooner you call it in the sooner he won't hurt himself.
    Seek safety at the heart of danger.

Live Easy, Die Hard

Lead Moderator
    And don't forget to report him to the people who do the Darwin awards..... This guy bears watching!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Maybe you should have looked for the gun ports that are in every armored cash transport vehicle...some are concealed, in ATM vans, but most are plainly visible. I displayed my weapon through glass once, to a group of teenagers who were trying to razz my messenger - they weren't smart enough to know that the glass works both ways, (actually poorly - it's designed to have one specific side facing the threat), and they boogied. I have place a shotgun out a gun port when I thought my messenger was about to get attacked - they ran, he was OK.
    BTW, a serious armored driver will have a revolver - an auto will jam first shot out of a gun port...
    If total government control equals safety, why are prisons so dangerous?

Assistant Administrator
    Oh my oh my - the Dufus Club is alive and well.

Guess the guy was thinking nothing beyond the visual ''deterrant'' aspect but equally not think beyond that as to what he was actually doing - viz, brandishment. Any cop having seen that would have had him real quick.

Seems a nudge to Brinks is definitely in order. Sheesh.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    Oh my oh my - the Dufus Club is alive and well.

Guess the guy was thinking nothing beyond the visual ''deterrant'' aspect but equally not think beyond that as to what he was actually doing - viz, brandishment. Any cop having seen that would have had him real quick.

Seems a nudge to Brinks is definitely in order. Sheesh.
    Gotta love the mental pic of the driver picking a buncha glass shards that he caught while throwing a round at the back side of the bullet resistant glass. Darwin working overtime here.
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

Just maybe you would be doing the world a favor if you reported him. I did this for a armored truck driver that was driving like a drunken idiot last year while in Phoenix, there will usually be a truck ID and phone no to report problems on the vehicle.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

I briefly worked for Loomis when I got out of the service while I was finishing my degree. Yes, those guys are idiots 70% of them. Most of these guys for some reason see this as elite for them I wish I had an icon for pass out laughing. Anyway I got out of there and never looked back.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Quote Originally Posted by armoredman
    BTW, a serious armored driver will have a revolver - an auto will jam first shot out of a gun port...
    Why's that?

A1C Lickey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links