life threatening situation?

This is a discussion on life threatening situation? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Borrowed this from another site. I would not turn from 4 guys jaw jacking with me. Would this be considered a life threatening situation? Because ...

Borrowed this from another site. I would not turn from 4 guys jaw jacking with me.

Would this be considered a life threatening situation? Because when I got up I'm not sure if I could have controlled myself

video here...

LiveLeak.com - Beef over aisle space in corner Deli ends with brutal KO punch

Beef over aisle space in corner Deli ends with brutal KO punch
    A shocking scene was recently caught on video, a tape police hope will lead to a quick arrest.
    The tape shoes a guy just trying to pay up at a corner deli when out of nowhere he is laid out with a haymaker that conjures memories of a young Mike Tyson.

The customer's worst nightmare unfolded innocently enough as he was standing at the counter paying for some items just after midnight on Jan. 6.
    The white man dressed in a white coat then gets walloped by a black man in a dark vest and grey hoody, but thanks to the deli's security cameras police have a pretty clear picture of the assailant because the entire sordid affair was captured from several angles.

The victim may have known he was in danger but had no idea the punch was coming. He appears to be jawing with a group of men who circle him by the counter.
    The pain comes shortly after as the assailant launches a fierce haymaker that knocks the victim clear out of the camera's view.

The victim takes the brunt of the blow to the head and neck and goes sprawling to the floor. The assailant leaves but some in his posse go over to the prone victim and take his money.

It turns out the entire episode started over a beef over aisle space.

The aisle where the original dispute started is very narrow, with maybe room for one person.

The victim was taken to a nearby hospital, treated and released. In the meantime, police say thanks to the multitude of surveillance cameras and angles in the deli they are very confident they will be able to find who they are looking for because someone out there has to recognize the assailant.

Why would you get in a fight over aisle space? if someone has a problem with me being in the aisle, im going to say I don't want any trouble and leave store or go to another aisle. I wouldn't stay in a situation were 4 people are jawing at me, and I certainly would be talking trah to them. Sadly this could have been prevented.

If this was me, I would just leave the store. No reason to argue about "beef aisle space" life is to short to worry about stupied things like this. I wouln't want to go agasinst the odds of 1 to 4 and certanily wouldn't want to pull a gun in this situation.
    I believe in gun control...... Thats why I use TWO hands.

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    He was either not aware of his surrounding or just dumb. He should have went from condition yellow to orange. I would have retreated and got out of the way.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

he let his guard down....and paid for it. If they were "jawing" then circling him...that sounds like ORANGE to me
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

he was probably thinking "If I just ignore them they'll leave me alone." We can see where that got him.

It's not wise to turn your back on a threat.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Should have made an exit. He was none to bright.
    Jack dog

Condition white is not good...

Stay armed...stay in yellow...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Punch to the neck...absolutely life threatening. Numerous accounts of 1 punch kills, but almost impossible to explain to a jury. In this case it doesn't matter anyway, the guy had turned his back to the threats. It's unfortunate that his entire face is blanked out. Impossible to tell if he was talking crap back... Either way, uncalled for, and hope the police put the thug wannabe in jail.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

I would've left the store, or would've let 'em pass without argument. Rather eat some humble pie (if the victim exchanged harsh words with the BG) than eat a Knuckle sandwich!
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

Distinguished Member
    I truly believe situations like that video give you NO options. The BG's ARE looking for a fight, and no matter what you do or don't say, they are going to give you a beat-down. Leave the store, now what, they follow you out, no camera, no witnesses, it could be far worse. You apologize, so now you are admitting you were wrong, so they got to teach you a lesson. You say nothing, so now you are being disrespectful, they show you respect. Maybe the best response is to run, but does that turn on the predator/prey response.

It just ain't going to be a good day.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    His warning bells should have been going off like an air raid siren. If in that situation with those kind of warnings I would have been taking a lot of precautions, including leaving the immediate area. As a friend of mine once told me "Better to leave and live today. You can always come back with the Army tomorrow."

If I was to be attacked completely by surprise (random person coming up and hitting me), and I had still had some wits about me I would probably have my weapon drawn and installing some personal ventilation systems to any BG's coming up to finish me off and take my belongings.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

I would of never allowed them to circle me. You need to have some kind of street smarts or common sense and realize your situation.
    This is what I would of done:
    As it began to escalate I would of left my items on the counter and walked outside as I'm looking at them. I would of waited in my car until they left so I can return and complete my buy. If they follow me outside and surround me or if they come to the car threatening me. I would defend my self.
    Now if I got jacked up like that and it didn't knock me out then the moment I standup, 12 shots from my sig is going to penetrate flesh. Promise.

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by USA Pugilist View Post
    I would of never allowed them to circle me. You need to have some kind of street smarts or common sense and realize your situation.
    As it began to escalate I would of left my items on the counter and walked outside as I'm looking at them. I would of waited in my car until they left so I can return and complete my buy. If they follow me outside and surround me or if they come to the car threatening me. I would defend my self.
    Now if I got jacked up like that and it didn't knock me out then the moment I standup, 12 shots from my sig is going to penetrate flesh. Promise.

That about the same as I'm thinking...

Yeah this guy made a few mistakes. Talking trash, not leaving, then turning his back. Granted, its a tough spot to be in the first place, and I'm sorry it ended badly for him. Makes me glad I don't go to crummy little stores filled with criminals....

Austin

Edited to add: and he is lucky to be alive. A punch like that could easily kill or paralyze you.
    Last edited by aus71383; February 26th, 2008 at 10:44 PM. Reason: add...

Quote Originally Posted by USA Pugilist View Post
    Same here that type could be found in every other store in my area, First never turn your back!!!! I learned that the hard way when I was 16 almost the same sit. cowards They run in packs and want to get street cred with their crew. Never turn your back, never!!
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Links