A good way to play this? - Page 2

A good way to play this?

This is a discussion on A good way to play this? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Where does the line of witness stop and sheepdog start? When they attack you and your's. Otherwise do no more than call 911 and be ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Where does the line of witness stop and sheepdog start?
    When they attack you and your's. Otherwise do no more than call 911 and be a good witness.

A little redundant now, but call police and that's all. You don't know who is the agressor or the BG, but more importantly, you don't know whose house it is. If you go on somebody elses property, interfere, and picked the wrong guy, then you will be in a world of legal/criminal hurt.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

yeah BerneyG pretty well sums it up...

entering onto private property (where you are not an invitee) makes you an aggressor

call 911, maybe get tag # on vehicle and descriptions...

Lawsuits are rather long, expensive and tend to cause sleepless nights.
    Get a car charger for the cell phone - 911 is our friend.

Administrator
    Well, if you're in your vehicle on a public street and you want to start yelling out your car window that you called the police then that's fine because you can always do a lightning quick exit - that might serve to break things up and you're still basically uninvolved and physically removed from the scenario.
    Great if your Mom calls 911 right away because the guy tossed off the porch onto his head is going to need some fast medical attention.
    There is a 50/50 chance he is the good guy (probably w/ a broken neck and a fractured skull) so the quicker the police and paramedics get there the better.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    I agree with the group here. Call 911. We don't have t-shirts that have good guy or bad guy on them and if we did someone would lie. Unless you have lots of money don't get involved.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

If you don't know them, what do care if to knuckles head beat the crap out of each other.
    If it bothers you that much do what you feel will help you sleep at night.
    For me I'm going grocery shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by me View Post
    Part of this scenario played out in front of me today. ----{SNIP}---- Thoughts?
    Since its not my fight and I'm not a cop, sit back crack open a cold one and enjoy the entertainment provided by the terracotta toothed knuckle dragging neanderthals....
    "No freeman shall be debarred the use of arms"
    --Thomas Jefferson

me [OP]
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Great if your Mom calls 911 right away because the guy tossed off the porch onto his head is going to need some fast medical attention.
    There is a 50/50 chance he is the good guy (probably w/ a broken neck and a fractured skull) so the quicker the police and paramedics get there the better.
    This is where my biggest thought came in. I am a Medic and Have the equipment in my car, which I had. But my problem with this would have been scene safety. Had this happened and the guy took off, I would have handed mom a gun and Gone to work. Had the guy continued to mess his day up then it gets to a more questionable situation to me. I guess I am not as cut and dry as many here are that I refuse to help others. My parents have taught me to help others, even dad and I pushing other folks cars half a mile into a gas station just to help. I deal with good people and bad people being hurt all the time, sometimes they deserve it other times they dont. I guess this has made my heart softer.
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

me,
    I'm all for helping people out, the thing that stands out in your situation is that you do not know and can have no way of knowing whose property you will be going on. You are a medic, so when you get called to respond, you pretty much have permission to go on that property. When you are driving by, you don't know any of the details. I think you did things perfectly. You got to a safe location, you ensured your family was safe, and you were going to call the police. At that time you could have notifed them you were a medic and asked if your response was necessary. They might have had an ambulance 2 blocks away. It's easy to beat yourself up over what might have been of what could have been. You stayed safe, your family was safe, and it appears as if the 2 people fighting have nothing more than a few bruises. I can't imagine how it could have gone better for you. Good job.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

you dont know who the baddest guy is in this situation, just the best fighter. It's witness time.

If I had to choose between my weapon and my cell when I go out, I would take the phone. Percentage wise, it is going to save me more often than the firearm.

Are you going to be able to sleep after watching this and doing nothing?
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Quote Originally Posted by Supertac45 View Post
    You betcha...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Why not yell "I'm Calling the Police!" with cell phone to your ear and hand on your gun just in case something bigger goes down? I'm sure the BG would flee at this point and it would be very much appreciated by the victim. Even if the BG IS the one getting his brains beat in, the GG doing it would also probably appreciate a witness and helping get the police there faster than he could restrain the BG and call the police himself. I for sure couldn't just drive by and let this go without feeling some sense of obligation to help out in SOME way.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Supertac45 View Post

Without losing any sleep.

When is calling 911, doing nothing? Last time I checked it required action to dial a phone and the ability to communicate with the 911 Operator, both are actions.

I have no dog in the fight, what is, is. I don't care if two people beat the crap out of each other, as long as you don't try to beat the crap out of me or my loved ones.

Biker

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links