How would you go about this? - Page 2

How would you go about this?

This is a discussion on How would you go about this? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; too bad it's not like the good ole days when youcould call over a couple of buddies and just take em out back and beat ...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: How would you go about this?

too bad it's not like the good ole days when youcould call over a couple
    of buddies and just take em out back and beat the tar out of them.
    (imo that's what they need)
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

A couple of angles I would look at here. If you still have the videos of them attempting to open your door while you were not home, I would contact a magistrate/court commissioner and see about charging them with attempted burglary. I would also see about having a restraining order or trespass notice served on them. Once it is served, if you get a dated/time stamped video of them on your property after the papers are served it should be a slam dunk for the prosecution.
    And of course, stay armed and stay aware!
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

florida has the "Castle Doctrine". get a gun, become trained, and if they rush you car again, be prepared to use it. 3 guys tried to steal my car in a parking lot, and if i hadn't of have a gun to point at them, who knows...

video? it is a fact there not going to stop, the more they get away with the braver they get. You may end up with a video of them beating you, raping one of the two girls there, or both. you come home there inside two of them they hit you with something trying to flee now the D.A has a video. I would give it 1 more day listen to ram rod write a letter to the chief of police, the sheriff, the A.G. ,the D.A. and make sure it is posted that a cc was sent to each. I didn't catch your age but I would have a gun in like 7 hours, unless there is a 24 hour wal-mart then i would have one now. $250.00 pump shotgun with 3" #3 turkey loads for that hunting trip you are planning. There is no way the mods will let me say what I would do in your current sit. , If I knew my girlfriend or another girl was there with them alone, you stated gone ten hours a day, it's fla. arm yourself now. These three will not stop. Mail your letters(or hand deliver them)spend a weekend with everyone getting to know your shotgun #8 bird shot for the girls, and defend youself and family, while you search for a new place to live. I will buy the shotgun from you if you don't need it in 6 months, but get one. the will get braver!! Good luck, I'm pissed for you
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

After re-reading your post, I would definitely make an appointment with the chief of police and take the videos that you have to him and make him watch, then tell him about the responding officers not doing anything and the threat to take you to jail for calling. Same with the local DA, and an attorney for you. Sounds like you have a civil case against the local PD.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

The problem with all of this as I see it is the police don't have any reason to arrest them. What laws have the broken? If you feel that they have broken some law then document it, other than your word against theirs, and file a formal complaint. LEO's can chime in but one of the biggest problems that LEO face is finding some real reason to arrest someone, domestic dusputes come to mind, when investigating any complaint. The old I love him byt make him stop and I don't want him to go to jail deal. If they have done something illegal then you need to help the police.

State Attorney's Office. They supercede the County attorney and one of their functions is to respond to injustices of lower level Law Enforcement Agencies.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

You've already been given some very good advice about contacting other LEO's, and such.

This situation however hasn't escalated to deadly force levels yet. Before it does, document, document and document some more. Go above the heads of your local LEO's as well. Also,

MOVE!

It's cheaper and easier than shooting someone. Plus, if you shoot, with the history you already have with the local LEO's you will most likely be charged with Murder. Defending your actions in court is real exspensive. It's cheaper to move, and a lot less stressful.

Biker

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    The problem with all of this as I see it is the police don't have any reason to arrest them. What laws have the broken? If you feel that they have broken some law then document it, other than your word against theirs, and file a formal complaint. LEO's can chime in but one of the biggest problems that LEO face is finding some real reason to arrest someone, domestic dusputes come to mind, when investigating any complaint. The old I love him byt make him stop and I don't want him to go to jail deal. If they have done something illegal then you need to help the police.
    People who try to open my front door when I am not home or my car door when I am in it, and threatening to shoot me...How could you possibly say a law hasn't been broken. Call the police, call the chief, call the DA, fax letters to all of them. Send letters to all of them, file a restraining order, and buy a shotgun. You shouldn't have to put up with stuff like this.
    I would send registered letters along with the faxes. I would also contact an attorney. If money is tight, you could try calling a few offices. Some attorneys will do pro bono work...at least up to a point.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

I would do all this legal stuff everyone is saying. Also don't get upset if you can help it - be objective. If you act out of anger you're likely going to be in the wrong and get burned for it. If you have no means to defend yourself other than pepper spray I would think a knife would be a reasonable thing to add - just be sure you are legal if you want to conceal it you'll need a permit in FL is my understanding. Stay safe!

Austin

1. leave the house wearing a digital recorder with an attached microphone, see if you can capture them threatening you.
    (FL recording law: Under the statute, consent is not required for the taping of a non-electronic communication uttered by a person who does not have a reasonable expectation of privacy in that communication. See definition of "oral communication," Fla. Stat. ch. 934.02.) so its legal.

2. camera w/ audio if possible facing the direction that they enter your property from.

3. Just like it was stated before document document document, contact the state AG office, that police officer had no legal precedence to tell you that you were going to jail for filing a report.

4. There is no problem that can’t be solved with a liberal application of high explosives. (just kidding there)
    "No freeman shall be debarred the use of arms"
    --Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by BerneyG View Post
    People who try to open my front door when I am not home or my car door when I am in it, and threatening to shoot me...How could you possibly say a law hasn't been broken. Call the police, call the chief, call the DA, fax letters to all of them. Send letters to all of them, file a restraining order, and buy a shotgun. You shouldn't have to put up with stuff like this.
    I would send registered letters along with the faxes. I would also contact an attorney. If money is tight, you could try calling a few offices. Some attorneys will do pro bono work...at least up to a point.
    So you have documentation that they have done this and it is illegal. The swear out a complaint at the police station. I didn't say that laws weren't broken but asked what laws had been broken and did you define them top the investigating officers instead of complaining about those kids next door.

As everyone else has said document it and get the evidence. If there are video tapes then use them. If they are doing nothing but making smart remarks when he walks by it's going to be tough. If they are opening his door while he isn't there and he has it on video tape like he claims then they can be arrested. If you swear out a warrant against someone it has to be handled but if you just complain there isn't a lot they can do.

ive talked to the sargent at the palm beach county sheriffs office today and they said there is nothing they can do still and hes going to send an unmarked car and random undercovers on bicycles to ride by and see if its as big a problem as we make it out to be....other than that he said we have to have 4 weeks worth of video to get a tresspassing warning issued and the only way i can use self defense is if im cornered and cannot run away(no matter if they have a gun knife etc)

also there is a new guy hanging around with them that aparently just got out of jail for putting a gun in someones face and telling them he was going to kill them

Quote Originally Posted by derekxec View Post
    get a tresspassing warning issued
    This is good advice. It means (after the warning) that you can have someone arrested just for being on your property. Either need the timestamped video or an LEO to effect the arrest.

There is another option: go to the jail and talk to the guy. Tell him all you want is to be left in peace. Be real, be nice, but be heard. The fact that you showed up at his workplace will have his boss asking questions.

If this doesn't harrassment doesn't stop, you can hire a lawyer to start asking discovery questions: like how much liability insurance does he have on his homewoners' policy? Sometimes a perceived threat to the pocketbook is more meaningful than anything else.

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by derekxec View Post
    ive talked to the sargent at the palm beach county sheriffs office today and they said there is nothing they can do still and hes going to send an unmarked car and random undercovers on bicycles to ride by and see if its as big a problem as we make it out to be....
    Call me a skeptic... that sounds like the perfect thing to tell you so that they can ignore you. You'll never know if they actually do come around. Good luck.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links