How would you go about this? - Page 4

How would you go about this?

This is a discussion on How would you go about this? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; all are written and ready to go but should i also make copies of the videos i have and mail that along with the letters?...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: How would you go about this?

all are written and ready to go but should i also make copies of the videos i have and mail that along with the letters?

Whatever supporting evidence you have would be a help. I would also make copies of the letters that you send and send them certified mail.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

I've come back to this post to make sure you are alright. I'm glad to see that people keep giving you Great advice. You might want to print out all these responses as this would show genuine concern for your saftey throught a vast community. Stay alert and when you all recieve your CWP, arm yourselves. I've heard of countless cases like this gone very wrong.
    Be Safe

WO, WO, WO. You live in Florida. What that Officer told you was straight out garbage. If you feel your life is threatened you can defend yourself. The perp does not need to have any weapon on them. You do NOT NEED TO FLEE. Fleeing and getting shot in the back was one of the reasons Florida changed their laws. A large beastly person is a concern in itself. Cops always give poor advice when it comes to arming yourself. Remember, they are mostly behind gun regulations. Anyway, 4 weeks or one week of video. It is enough to show concern after the fact of you defending yourself.

What I mean is that if you ever have to use your gun to defend your life or your friends and families life, you have documentation that proves you where scared for your life.

Quote Originally Posted by USA Pugilist View Post
    I've come back to this post to make sure you are alright.
    wow i really appriciate that!

i live about 40-60 miles north of you. i figured what they said was BS because his grandpa works for them(i hate to think that but it really seems like it) im going to make copies of everything i have and send out certified packages

thanks everyone for all the advice(more is definately welcome) i cant explain how much i appriciate it

IF you dont have a CCW, what stops you from open carry? Cant you carry in your vehicle?
    Semper Fi!

Engineers Up!

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    Dude, arm up with a side arm and a video camera. Everytime you walk out your house, turn the camera to record the insults and threats. Take that back to the police and if that is good enough for them, take all your other video and documentation (I hope you have documentation!) to Fox news as earlier suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by top_gizmo View Post
    IF you dont have a CCW, what stops you from open carry? Cant you carry in your vehicle?
    i dont think you can open carry in florida(at least ive never seen anyone but on duty LEOs doing it)...i know i can have one in the truck though and i think thats what im going to do till i get CCW

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun View Post
    Dude, arm up with a side arm and a video camera. Everytime you walk out your house, turn the camera to record the insults and threats. Take that back to the police and if that is good enough for them, take all your other video and documentation (I hope you have documentation!) to Fox news as earlier suggested.
    ive been gettin tape and audio they tell me i still need 4 weeks worth to do anything

update: i just left to take my friend home and they were out front saying they are going to catch him and beat him up. they are getting sad he just had surgery on his back to remove a cancerous tumor

edit: they just through a big stick at my front door and i called the police and asked them if they could send a cop by real quick and they said "we will look into it" lol i guess i should apply for a palm beach county sherrif job cause it looks like easy work
    Last edited by derekxec; February 26th, 2008 at 11:25 PM.

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by top_gizmo View Post
    IF you dont have a CCW, what stops you from open carry?
    Quote Originally Posted by derekxec View Post
    i dont think you can open carry in florida(at least ive never seen anyone but on duty LEOs doing it).
    True. Open carry is ILLEGAL in Florida.

I would suggest that once you get your CCW license, carry a backup gun. That way, if they find out you carry you will have an alternate weapon if needed. Watch your back at all times.

When you apply for your CCW license, get the electronic prints. I've heard turnaround times of 3 weeks doing it that way. If that guy works at the county jail, you might want to go to another county for the prints, so he won't find out. The element of surprise will be in your favor.

Here's what I found on electronic prints.

We strongly recommend that you telephone your sheriff's office in advance to confirm that that particular office provides electronic fingerprint scanning services and to reserve an appointment time if one is necessary.

Livescan Device Fingerprinting Locations
    http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/CWC...ACS_071907.pdf

great thanks!

i told my mom i was going to get a CCW and she says "carrying a gun is just asking to go to jail" lol she HATES guns(she doesnt care if other people want to have them she just doesnt like guns for some reason) i keep trying to convince her otherwise and its kinda working.

edit: i looked over that list and the one in my area is

Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office 3228 Gun Club Rd. W Palm Beach, FL 33406 and thats the jail he works at but ive heard he might have gotten transfered to the jail in belle glade. he works during the night so if i go during the day he wont see me

Another thought - if you're looking for simple, affordable surveillance equipment, check out some of the simple home security camera packages on ebay. It wont be anything overly high quality, but they're usually cheap, effective, and not too hard to replace if your 'neighbors' decide they don't like being watched....

Like many have said - situational awareness is absolutely key in this situation. BE AWARE of what they are doing. You say they're always out on their porch talking smack. To me, i personally would be more worried if they were nowhere in sight. Then you've gotta wonder where they ARE.. If you know where they are, you know where they're NOT.

Keep ALL your doors and windows locked. Invest $30 in a set of heavy-duty deadbolts for the 2 or 3 outside-entry doors in the house. It wouldn't hurt to get in the habit of taking stock of your house when you get home at night, just to take a look around for obvious signs of trouble before you enter - broken window, busted latch on the back door, etc..

What are your roommates & significant other's reactions to this threat? Are they taking it as seriously as you are?
    just a thought..

No Contact

I just read this thread. Hopefully I just missed it and someone has already suggested that you and each one of your housemates get a restraining / no contact order against every single one of those creeps. That is you critical number one step. Without it the police can not, will not do anything until someone gets hurt or property is damaged. Help the police help you get the No Contact Order. Do it now skip school work whatever make it your number one priority, It will take most of the morning or afternoon. Be sure every one especially the ladies gets one, Everyone should let the court know that they are in fear of being killed or injured, the ladies should let the court know they are also afraid of being raped. Once you have the order you and the police can do something. Without it you will have to wait until AFTER someone gets raped killed or injured. So your choice really. If you do not have the time to do that than you must not have anything real to worry about. Have the court specifically order that they can not come to your work, school home, church and a must stay a specific distance away from you. Ask that they be ordered to have no contact with any of you not in person, by mail, phone or third party.
    Once you have the No Contact Restraining Order call the police every time they violate it. They WILL go to jail. When you get it please PM me for some ideas on how to stay safe.
    Last edited by LongRider; February 27th, 2008 at 03:10 AM.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

i *think* thier side of the story is that they think i put a bunch of dents in one of thier cars. they came over and busted out the back window of my car then came back another night and popped one of my tires. when i try to ask them what the problem is they say come over here and fight(i would if i wouldnt be going to jail after but the one time they call the cops will be the time the cops actually do something). all i do is go to work for 10 hours a day and then come home and chill inside till its time to go to work again so i dont know how they came up with me denting thier car.
    Do you have actual proof that they did the damage to the car? Did you witness this or better yet video tape them doing it? What was the cost of the damages? I don't know about Florida law, but in California any vandalism, which this is, costing $400.00 or more is a felony. This would give you something for the police with which to begin charges against them. Also, I don't know if it has been said before, but get yourself your own attorney to advise you what steps to take. You can probably get a good attorney via a referral at your county bar association. Also you might consider perimeter fencing and a good guard dog or two.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    ive been gettin tape and audio they tell me i still need 4 weeks worth to do anything

That blows my mind. So I wonder if someone robs a bank or a gas station or someone gets asulted and it is caught on tape, because they don't have 4 weeks of video to turn over to the police, did it really happen?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Sponsored Links