How would you go about this? - Page 8

How would you go about this?

This is a discussion on How would you go about this? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by BerneyG I'm glad to hear they are leaving you alone, maybe they read defensivecarry.com... I hope you will still follow up on ...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BerneyG View Post
    I'm glad to hear they are leaving you alone, maybe they read defensivecarry.com...

I hope you will still follow up on the paper trail, just in case.
    Very good idea. Just in case they decide to come back & bother you. I would still also get your CCW permit.

nothing today either...oh im definately keeping the paper trail going because it might start up again...next weekend we are taking that pistol class and im going to be working less now so we will have lots of time to go to the range to practice and everything

thanks so much everyone we really appriciate all the help you have given us and if someone else has this problem hopefully they will see this thread and know what to do :)

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    I've been watching this from the sidelines and now feel compelled to chime in. I am familiar with Florida's laws on wiretapping. I lived in the State for 23 of the last 27 years and was a Reserve Deputy Sheriff for 8 of those years. We covered this topic in the Academy and we covered it in our in-service training - extensively. Florida's laws are quite clear on when you can and cannot record a conversation. It has nothing to do with whether one wears a badge or not. You cannot record a telephonic conversation without all parties consent - to the extent you must state you are recording the conversation and ask a specific question to the other party seeking specific permission to record the conversation. You must state your name and time/date. The other party must clearly state their name(s) and acknowledge their constent to the recording. You also must give the other party the option of either terminating the call or requesting to speak "off line." You may wear a mic and you do not need to inform the other party that you are wearing a wire. And yes, that recording is admissable (precedent set in most all of Florida's 67 counties).

Your best option is to go about your routine and not acknowledge their presence - no looks, no words, no gestures. If confronted, respond accordingly. Once you have compiled enough clear evidence, submit it to the State's Attorney's Office - ONLY. That "need for 4 weeks of evidence" is a brush off.

You've been looking at this from a criminal perspective. Try a civil suit. The burden of proof falls on the respondent, not the plaintiff. Let them try to refute video and audio evidence. Failing everything else, do your best to move to a different part of town in a different neighborhood. Just a thought.................
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by USA Pugilist View Post
    read what i said carefully. It is not breaking the law. The intent is not there. It at best, will be dissmissed in court but I am aloud to record the outside enviroment if i wish.
    In Florida, you're very right. It's LEGAL to tap your OWN house, except phone convos (hence the automated "this conversation may be recorded..." on BrightHouse etc.) Pugilist is not suggesting derek should tap his neighbors' house, but rather set up surveilance around his own house. Cameras, AND AUDIO - are both very legal in the state of Florida.

I don't see why everyone is going crazy about this part of the thread.

--Would be my best suggestion as well, and it's not very expensive either.

p.s.s... Sniper (above) has a great suggestion as well with the civil suit.
    Some people don't deserve saving.

....the water is almost at a boil

sorry i havent posted back in a while but they are no longer living there....they were talking bad to the latino guys mom(he lives in a couple houses down) when she was carrying in groceries and the latino kid told them he was going to kill them all when he came back out....now they live like 15 miles away lol

thanks everyone for all the help!

Quote Originally Posted by derekxec View Post
    sorry i havent posted back in a while but they are no longer living there....they were talking bad to the latino guys mom(he lives in a couple houses down) when she was carrying in groceries and the latino kid told them he was going to kill them all when he came back out....now they live like 15 miles away lol

thanks everyone for all the help!
    GREAT NEWS !! Sounds about right too. But now you know, your safety is your responsibility. Keep on track get your CCW, train and practice, than train some more. Next time the lesson may not be as gentle as this one turned out to be. Stay safe always carry never tell. Create good luck and practice
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by derekxec View Post
    ok this is a real situation that i need some advice on how to go about this legally please

the kids that live next door to me(ages: 19,17,17) have been giving me trouble for about 2 months now it started with just them talking crap that lives here(me, my brother, his girl friend and my girlfriend). everytime i walk out the door them and at least 4 of thier friends run thier mouths and at odd times they run up and kick my door or walk up and try to open my door when we arent home(i have security cameras that catch them). I have called the cops 5 times already and they came out 4 times and told me they couldnt do anything and the 5th time they told me if i called again everyone would be going to jail(myself included). two of them have told me they were going to shoot me but have done nothing. now today they have seem to have gotten braver and 2 of them ran up to my car door while i was pulling out to leave and tried to open both the driver and passenger side doors. i hit the gas and left quickly so thats all that happened. i know for a fact that one of the 17 year olds that threatened to shoot me carries and firearm sometimes.

what can i do to stop this? none of us have firearms yet(we are all in the process of getting some now though) but we all carry pepper spray. im not sure i want to rely on pepper spray if one pulls a gun though.

thanks for any advice you can give me
    Call higher authorities. There has to be a paper trail.

I wouldn't do anything physical. You don't bring pepper spray to a gun fight. If this were me and I knew someone carried a gun and he attempted to gain entry to my vehicle with that gun on him, well...

Let's just say I'd be 100% justified where I live.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Links