"Real Incident"-With a Twist

This is a discussion on "Real Incident"-With a Twist within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is from Outdoorlover127's post: Originally Posted by outdoorlover127 A local resturant on a Friday or Sat night, any night will do. 3 BG's come ...

Thread: "Real Incident"-With a Twist

"Real Incident"-With a Twist

This is from Outdoorlover127's post:

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorlover127 View Post
    A local resturant on a Friday or Sat night, any night will do.
    3 BG's come in, all armed with handguns.
    They terroize the patrons and then 2 of them take 3 Ladies into the bathroom and take advantage, leaving one armed BG in the common area keeping everyone else fearing what is going to happen.

After the two finish the 3rd BG has his fun, then they rob and leave.

I just have no idea what I would do in this case, can't use cell, couldn't shoot without alearting the other 2 and endagering the ladies.

If I remember correctly, one person escaped and alerted LEO.
    It was a very sad time for this city and for the innocent people.
    Please help me find a way to help if I am ever in this situation.
    One of the post from this thread got me thinking: What if the women grabbed was your wife/girlfriend/daughter? Initial response would be to protect them; however, you are in a less than ideal position. 3 BG's against you, in the open restaurant. It would seem to me that if you open fire, you are assured to be fired upon, and there will certainly be casualties. How would you respond?

2. Remove Ads

Try to shoot faster. Just because I take a bullet doesn't mean I am going to be instantly incapacitated. Thats why we do weak hand drills.

And since you are going to start a new thread with a twist...Do the BG's let you stay at your table, or do they order everybody to the ground, and if they order everybody to the ground, did they take your g/f after you were already on the ground? It makes a huge difference in odds of success.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Agreed ^^

Aim, fire, repeat...rinse.
    Do not assume that the BGs are decent shots or will not shrink and retreat once under fire. Do not assume they will and are bas hots either.
    Revert to your training, which one should have if they actively carry on the street. Make use of any hard cover you can find and if not that then concealment is better than open air. Flip a table if necessary. Or run and gun, quickly. Speed kills, quickly.

Do or die are the rules.
    Don't stop until either you or they are stopped.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

One guy alone to stand guard, oh man he is so screwed, then pick them off one at a time as they exit the bathroom to see what the shooting was about.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

The one guy standing guard is getting shot and everyone who can is fleeing while calling the police. Hopefully the women in the bathroom survive but I can only do so much at one time.

If one of the ladies selected for the bathroom is of specific importance to me then it starts 3 on 1. Two of them will be facing away when they go to the bathroom so shoot the one on guard duty first then continue until the fight is over. Bad odds but better than the odds if you were unarmed.

they grabbed my wife at gunpoint It would be crazy to draw on 3 facing you unless your skill rivals clint smith, The second the other two are out of sight 1 goes down 1 will come out to check out who there buddy just shot he goes down, hopefully in that 30 seconds they have not harmed her then it's 1on 1 and i doubt he will harm his hostages, then I'm going in ,or taking a look I will put my skills against the average BG!! if I can't get a clear shot he will be in there till the leo gets there and hopfully they can talk him out.I would probably go in. and one of us will come out!!
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

VIP Member
    If it's my wife, she & I would be filling them full of bullets. She carries everywhere!
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    ...Revert to your training...,- Janq
    Had to chuckle...some believe that training is not a requirement, necessity to be armed (from another thread)...left me going hummmm. Big difference shooting a paper target and the scenario above...which is why we carry in the first place...to defend (shield) ourselves and family members from harm.

I'd take the single down...chances are the other two would be trying to get their pants up...

Rick

Agreed Bandit.

I can't imagine carrying and not training. :huh:
    The very real personal liability alone requires as much. Never mind increasing ones own real world odds of coming away a winner rather than a casualty, or winning by luck/chance.
    I'd rather lose while training toward a win, than to not train and win a game day loss.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Links