From Bad to Worse: The Unthinkable

From Bad to Worse: The Unthinkable

This is a discussion on From Bad to Worse: The Unthinkable within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What would you do if you were disarmed? However unthinkable. However unlikely. However implausible. No matter how much you think it couldn't/wouldn't/shouldn't happen. What would ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 69
  1. #1
    Senior Moderator
    Array limatunes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,246

    From Bad to Worse: The Unthinkable

    What would you do if you were disarmed?

    However unthinkable. However unlikely. However implausible. No matter how much you think it couldn't/wouldn't/shouldn't happen.

    What would you do if you were in a situation where you drew your gun, or were in the process of drawing your gun to respond to a threat, and the bad guy was able to take it from you?


  2. #2
    VIP Member Array David in FL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    2,342
    Escape, evade, and pray!

  3. #3
    Lead Moderator
    Array rocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    16,026
    Kick , punch , bite, stab, scratch ect. till BG was down and out or I was dead.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson


    Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

  4. #4
    VIP Member
    Array Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The Old Dominion
    Posts
    5,050
    Figure we would have to be HtH, so it would be a no holds barred fight to the finish. Someone wouldn't be moving at the end. Can't say who, but I'd do everything I could to make it the BG.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

  5. #5
    Member Array oilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    230
    BUG would help

  6. #6
    Member
    Array GBS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    468
    If he can get it away from me - he wins.
    My job is to see he does not.

  7. #7
    Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,681
    Quote Originally Posted by GBS View Post
    If he can get it away from me - he wins.
    My job is to see he does not.
    ...nor allow to get close enough that he/she can...

    Rick

  8. #8
    VIP Member Array Kerbouchard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,894
    In a H2H struggle over my gun, I would probably try to drop the mag on him. He still has one in the chamber, but he might not know that, and I might be able to make him miss one shot.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

    http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

    Who is John Galt?

  9. #9
    Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,681
    Quote Originally Posted by BerneyG View Post
    In a H2H struggle over my gun, I would probably try to drop the mag on him. He still has one in the chamber, but he might not know that, and I might be able to make him miss one shot.
    Respectfully...you're dreaming. Have you done H2H?

    Rick

  10. #10
    Member Array chuck brick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    331
    Before or after I started crying and pee'd on myself?

    A couple options:
    Run like H&LL, screaming like a banshee, and hope the BG is too distracted to figure out the manual-of-arms to get a good shot quickly enough to make you bleed.
    Run OVER him, screaming like a banshee, and hope the BG is too distracted to figure out the manual-of-arms before he decides you're too crazy to mess with.
    Who knows, you may knock him off-balance enough (mentally and/or physically) to regain the lead. (Can you say, OODA? I knew you could!) Worth a try - beats pee-ing on yourself.
    From The Bard: "The slightest worm will turn, being tread upon." Don't be less than a worm.

    Stay safe,

    Chuck Brick.
    Why do I use 230 gr. for my .45acp?
    Because I can't find a source of 250 gr!
    http://chucksrantings.blogspot.com/

  11. #11
    Ex Member Array Ram Rod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fayetteville, AR
    Posts
    13,687
    Stop drop and roll! I've got this crazy leg whip technique from back in my karate days. I actually splintered a sparring partner's shin while we were in Okinawa. He had been doing well, and I mis-judged his reaction speed--he never saw this coming, and never moved. He did get light duty for a couple months though. I was without a sparring partner for a long time after that. (this is what I would do--running would only get me shot in the back).

  12. #12
    VIP Member Array Kerbouchard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,894
    Quote Originally Posted by bandit383 View Post
    Respectfully...you're dreaming. Have you done H2H?

    Rick
    Yes, Aikido for the last several years and Karate when I was younger. Police officers have told me that they would do anything from holding down a hammer on a revolver to trying to drop a mag in a semi so I figure that's what I would try to do.

    I figure if he has gotten control of my gun, we are probably in a grappling type situation, and I believe I will probably be more familiar with the manual of arms of my pistol than he will be. If it doesn't work, well, things already went from 'bad to worse'...it was worth a try.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

    http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

    Who is John Galt?

  13. #13
    Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,681
    Quote Originally Posted by BerneyG View Post
    Yes, Aikido for the last several years and Karate when I was younger. Police officers have told me that they would do anything from holding down a hammer on a revolver to trying to drop a mag in a semi so I figure that's what I would try to do.

    I figure if he has gotten control of my gun, we are probably in a grappling type situation, and I believe I will probably be more familiar with the manual of arms of my pistol than he will be. If it doesn't work, well, things already went from 'bad to worse'...it was worth a try.
    With a gun...RamRod has the key...

    Rick

  14. #14
    Ex Member Array Ram Rod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fayetteville, AR
    Posts
    13,687

  15. #15
    Member Array Blackhawk6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Southeast
    Posts
    370
    Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    What would you do if you were in a situation where you drew your gun, or were in the process of drawing your gun to respond to a threat, and the bad guy was able to take it from you?
    Take it back.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. unthinkable horrible scenario-based on recent news
    By Chaplain Scott in forum Carry & Defensive Scenarios
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: August 22nd, 2012, 03:15 PM
  2. It's actually worse than this...
    By OPFOR in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: September 3rd, 2010, 10:27 AM
  3. Better or worse?
    By j21blackjack in forum Defensive Carry Guns
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: December 26th, 2009, 06:53 AM
  4. Did the unthinkable today
    By archer51 in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: July 13th, 2009, 09:14 AM
  5. And it just keeps getting worse...
    By Timor in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: May 10th, 2008, 12:54 PM

Search tags for this page

collateral briefcase tom cruise disarm

,

scenarios from bad to worse

Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» DefensiveCarry Sponsors