Defensive Carry banner

Approached by someone you know

1K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  rmarkob 
#1 ·
Here is a snippet from the movie Feast of Love.

In this scene, the girl knows the man. He is the father of her boyfriend. He does not like her for a variety of reasons. Her boyfriend moved out of his father's house to live with her and he thinks that she stole some of his stuff...or just wants to bully her.

In any case, watch the clip and comment on how this should have been handled.

BTW, you will notice blank spots in the sound. Some of the words had to be deleted. Thanks to P95Carry for his assistance.

Attachments

#2 ·
Well, if I were a woman and was not carrying I would grab a glass jar in the grocery bag & smash it over his head right before I ran off.

If I was carrying, I would pull my Glock under the grocery bag & tell him - "Go ahead, make my day." :nutkick:

Since I am not a woman & I do carry, not a worry for me. Also, I would not live in a house where you could be trapped like that at the front door.

#4 ·
I would take the knife away from him with my left hand with my right hand tied behind my back. I would cause the groceries to levitate in a convenient place also.

Seriously though - take some initiative, catch him off guard. Push him backwards over the rail. You might get cut, but that's what happens with knives. Once he's on the ground you can figure out how to unlock the door to your own house - if you're lucky once inside you will also lock it behind you and arm yourself (assuming you weren't already armed).

Austin

#5 ·
aus, you forgot, this is a movie. So once you push him over the railing you have to run screaming down the street so he can chase you!!

#7 ·
So once you push him over the railing you have to run screaming down the street so he can chase you!!
Nope, the standard movie formula is that the woman runs up the stairs or some other such place, where she is still trapped in the house, instead of running out the front door like she should! C'mon, haven't you guys seen Scream?

Mel

#6 ·
I am a little confused. Ya. This is a movie, but I can see this as a very real scenario for a woman. I am a little surprised no one is taking this at all seriously.

On the other hand, the other clip I was going to post is where the same BG with the same knife is approached by a 60ish man (the hero of the movie) and he takes him out with a well placed punch. That one wasn't even worth posting.

#8 ·
I always taught my daughter to use her keys or anything else handy and go for the eyes. To hurt the BG as bad and as quickly as possible. Surprise is on her side as long as she uses it to her advantage. She is getting ready to get her CCW and I've already got a gun for her that she likes that is hers as soon as she gets her CCW.

#10 ·
Well for starters most of us cannot identify with the situation.
We are not women.
We are aware of our surroundings.
We would never have let the bushes, trees and such get so tall around our front porch that we wouldn't have seen the BG.
We would not have had both hands on the groceries or whatever.
We would not have approached our door without our keys in our hands.
We would have drawn once the BG showed his intent.
Barring that a HtH fight would have been on once he showed intent.
If he had stabbed the groceries on one of us we would likely take advantage of that and force him off balance and gotten on with some self-defense.

Not sure what you were looking for as commentary on a movie. The great majority of people who carry guns or anything else for self defense wouldn't be in the situation shown on the clip. Movies aren't about real life, but entertainment. So most of the time things are done that don't make sense to people who carry. Most terror formula and bully type movies would end in 5-10 minutes if one of us were the intended victim.

#11 ·
Fair enough. I have another clip I am working on. (Cleaning up the language on this one is a bit more problematic. :gah:) It is the scene from The Brave One. It again presents what could be a real situation: walking with your girlfriend when approached by a bunch of gang members. Stand by to stand by.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.