What would your response be?

This is a discussion on What would your response be? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was reading a thread on 2A discussion about the gun confiscation during Katrina, and began to wonder. How about this scenario? A neighbor has ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would your response be?

What would your response be?

I was reading a thread on 2A discussion about the gun confiscation during Katrina, and began to wonder.

How about this scenario? A neighbor has his weapons confiscated. He is the first one to be affected by this order from the Mayor. He raises holy hell immediately afterwards, so everybody in your neighborhood can hear, and now you are aware that they will quickly be at your home for your guns.

What is your response? Do you and your neighbors form a militia on the spot and make it known you are not giving up your 2A rights? Do you try and flee quickly, hoping to avoid the situation altogether? Maybe try hiding your guns and telling the enforcement goons, be it LEO or National Guard, that you do not have any weapons in your home? Do you just hand them over, knowing that you will eventually get them back, and "Hey, after all, this is for public safety."

What do you think your mindset would be?

As for me... I'm at a loss as to what I would actually do.
    When the messenger arrives and says 'Don't shoot the messenger,' it's a good idea to be prepared to shoot the messenger, just in case.

2. Remove Ads

Load everything, prepare, and barricade the windows and doors---then remain silent in an interior room. One cannot count on neighbors as assistance, and more than likely they will weaken your individual stand--remember, some are weak, and most will sell you to the highest bidder or at the end of a gun barrel no problem. Trust nobody! Hopefully the home won't be invaded. If it is----only you will be able to decide how it goes from there, and if it will be worth continuing on once you've been violated. P.S. In that final scenario---save one for yourself (just in case).
    Last edited by Ram Rod; March 3rd, 2008 at 10:04 PM.

I'd quickly move them out of town if possible. No way they are going to simply walk in and confiscate my guns. If I can't move them out I hide them in as many places as I can.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    What guns?

1775 ad,yep. now a days people fear the goverment too much.
    plus with the fire power now compared to pre-america,
    any milita woundn't stand a chance.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

I don't have any guns. I recently decided that I am a pacifist, and sold them and gave the money to charity.

Austin

Quote Originally Posted by aus71383 View Post
    I don't have any guns. I recently decided that I am a pacifist, and sold them and gave the money to charity.

Austin
    huh..imagine that. I called the Brady's and found out where the next turn in was going to be and turned 'em all in. I took a van full of nuns and orphans out for dinner with the money.
    Great minds must think alike
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    I'm confused. What exactly is this "gun" item of which you speak?

"I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Get onto the internet forums and brag about my plans, like a keyboard commando, of course.

The people that you'd be trying to form a militia against, and possibly shoot it out with, are going to be the police and possibly the Army. While in most circumstances it is probably no longer legal (in many jurisdictions) to confiscate weapons, I wouldn't think that the authorities would be in a mood to debate this. Nor do I think that the courts - once authority was restored - would be prone to show any leniency to an individual or individuals who fired on LEOs/military personnel during the performance of their duties in a disaster area.

If you're worried about it, google will turn up the accepted SAR team markings, have some spray paint on hand and mark your door that the place has been cleared. Don't go outside visibly armed, and don't give responding authorities reason to consider you one of the bad guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatorfarmer View Post
    The people that you'd be trying to form a militia against, and possibly shoot it out with, are going to be the police and possibly the Army. While in most circumstances it is probably no longer legal (in many jurisdictions) to confiscate weapons, I wouldn't think that the authorities would be in a mood to debate this. Nor do I think that the courts - once authority was restored - would be prone to show any leniency to an individual or individuals who fired on LEOs/military personnel during the performance of their duties in a disaster area.

If you're worried about it, google will turn up the accepted SAR team markings, have some spray paint on hand and mark your door that the place has been cleared. Don't go outside visibly armed, and don't give responding authorities reason to consider you one of the bad guys.

Exactly, forming a militia may be asking for trouble if or when leo/military show up, HOWEVER if they demand your weapons and demand to search you are boned anyway, lookin up the SAR markings wont work because internet provider will probably be gone, but if you had formed a neighborhood watch/militia. That should be one of the goals set out immediately. So you can establish a cache. I am not going to dog on LEO/military, if they are in there they are trying to do what they think is best or what they have orders to do, I am also not allowing any confiscation of my firearms "for the safety of the public" IF that means I get arrested then so be it, I am now an unwilling ward of that LEO TEAM, but at least I will be going somewhere safer than the area that was so Dangerous they had to come take my gun from me. And If I survive I am sure the government will be so nice as to dismiss any charges the LEO's bring up for my resisting. (yeah right)

Don't go outside visibly armed, and don't give responding authorities reason to consider you one of the bad guys.+1

Guns? Gee, I traded mine for beads with a Hare Krishna at the airport...
    "Bad spellers of the world - untie!"

DAV Life member, NRA Life member

Springfield XD 9mm Sub-Compact
    Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    I had these "what if thoughts" back when I was an LEO. I decided that I would lay down my badge if the brass above me gave me orders to go from house to house and collect guns. I will not do it. The Jewish people found out the hard way what happens when you can't defend yourself.
    Last edited by Reborn; March 4th, 2008 at 09:29 AM. Reason: mis spelleding
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Because your neighbor has major mental problems, why would they come for your guns? I'm lost, but I believe that he would have a hard time getting anyone to believe him.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Sar Marking

SAR Marking advice is probably the best idea I've heard on this besides laying low.

Printed copy and orange paint to be added to my preparations.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links