Stange behavior???? or paranoid - Page 2

Stange behavior???? or paranoid

This is a discussion on Stange behavior???? or paranoid within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I like how you controled the situation with just vocal discussion. They were obviously on edge and knew they had been caught. #2 guy moving ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33

Thread: Stange behavior???? or paranoid

  1. #16
    Member Array golfer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    263
    I like how you controled the situation with just vocal discussion. They were obviously on edge and knew they had been caught.
    #2 guy moving on to the truck would have really worried me. Who knows what he got out of the truck as well.
    You moving in to take the tag # was brave and proving you had it was smart. On the other hand that could have been a dnagerous move.
    These two have your number and you have theirs. They assume you turned them in and will be looking over their shoulder for a while. If the get caught their may be repercussion.
    I like that you where aware and responded. Be careful and prepared.
    Hopefully they will not be back, but, be ready.


  2. #17
    Senior Member Array BlackPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lakewood Colorado
    Posts
    844
    You said they vanished almost entirely and then suddenly re-appeared. Did the manager look UNDER the trailer? Including under yours? Hiding things under trailers isn't uncommon. I'd check that, asap... it explains how they may have seemingly vanished.
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

  3. #18
    VIP Member Array dukalmighty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    15,179
    sounds to me like they might of been "cooking" manufacturing methamphetamine,if it was pot they probably woulda been carrying garbage bags,I'm assuming their glassware an meth was in the boxes,It's possible if you think about it they might of had a cooler also.People high on meth are prone to violence and can become psychotic and irrational.I would follow up with cops and see if they came up with anything and if person tuck is registered too has a known record

  4. #19
    Senior Member Array Juggernaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    569
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    sounds to me like they might of been "cooking" manufacturing methamphetamine,if it was pot they probably woulda been carrying garbage bags,I'm assuming their glassware an meth was in the boxes,It's possible if you think about it they might of had a cooler also.People high on meth are prone to violence and can become psychotic and irrational.I would follow up with cops and see if they came up with anything and if person tuck is registered too has a known record
    That's what I thought the first time I read the first post. Methheads. Keep an eye out, strange smells are also an indicator of methamphetamine manufacturing.
    Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
    -Horace

  5. #20
    VIP Member Array tns0038's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerbouchard View Post
    +1 on the boxes of pot...and +1 on the fact that they were going to give you something to look the other way...
    I agree. I would follow up with the sheriffs department.

    And I hate to say this, but they know where you live. So I would not leave my wife alone right now.

  6. #21
    New Member Array azmnfordtrk07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    14
    Alot of people are suggesting that it was wrong to get involved. I don't think so. Would I have gone out at 2am, depends, you know the property etc. better. But, if they are growing meth (which also popped into my mind too) or in general were committing a crime, they put you in the fray when they chose to do it near your place. Anyone could have stumbled on them and it may have been different, your wife, kid etc.

    That is why sometimes you need to be proactive and IMHO you defended your castle and were smart about it.

    In all probability they won't be back, they will be scared the police are looking for them, and if they can't ditch the truck they can't risk it. All thought they could use a friends car etc. to get back at you. Don't leave the wife alone. Stay on Red alert until a month or two, and then you can gradually go down to orange and then yellow.

    Good time, if haven't done so to get wife involved with ccw Sometimes it takes stuff like this:)

    Later,
    Paul

    Not saying this is the OP because its not, just a note: Due to fear we can't stop living our life. We need to go on living, yeah we can live it safer, but if you are that scared, or are thinking, you can't do anything. Well, you need to visit your local eternal insurance agent, and take out an insurance policy, preferably one that ends with Heaven, o and get some life insurance too. LOL

    Been in the eternal life insurance business for bit now:)

  7. #22
    Member Array Southtexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by azmnfordtrk07 View Post
    Alot of people are suggesting that it was wrong to get involved. I don't think so. Would I have gone out at 2am, depends, you know the property etc. better. But, if they are growing meth (which also popped into my mind too) or in general were committing a crime, they put you in the fray when they chose to do it near your place. Anyone could have stumbled on them and it may have been different, your wife, kid etc.

    That is why sometimes you need to be proactive and IMHO you defended your castle and were smart about it.

    In all probability they won't be back, they will be scared the police are looking for them, and if they can't ditch the truck they can't risk it. All thought they could use a friends car etc. to get back at you. Don't leave the wife alone. Stay on Red alert until a month or two, and then you can gradually go down to orange and then yellow.

    Good time, if haven't done so to get wife involved with ccw Sometimes it takes stuff like this:)

    Later,
    Paul

    Not saying this is the OP because its not, just a note: Due to fear we can't stop living our life. We need to go on living, yeah we can live it safer, but if you are that scared, or are thinking, you can't do anything. Well, you need to visit your local eternal insurance agent, and take out an insurance policy, preferably one that ends with Heaven, o and get some life insurance too. LOL

    Been in the eternal life insurance business for bit now:)
    Appreciate your kind words and wife has chl, Im good in both insurance departments. But due to my work schedule there are a lot of times I can not be home when she is, the good thing about that is there is an 80% probability of someone being in this house at any given hour who has a firearm and is willing to use it to protect our family. Now if I could only train the cats to man the walls I would be ok, running joke was that I could only buy a new handgun if we got another cat, I have 6 cats now, so a new firearm is out for a while. (good news is the wife didnt count her latest handgun against the cat/gun ratio or i would have another cat already)

  8. #23
    Administrator
    Array QKShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Off Of The X
    Posts
    35,926
    Glad that everything worked out OK for you.
    Just my personal opinion that you left yourself a bit too wide open for a while there if one of them decided to unexpectedly end your involvement into their shady business. No matter what they were doing.
    I (of course) was not there but just based on the way you told the story I think you were a bit overly vulnerable to a surprise aggressive attack.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

  9. #24
    Member Array Southtexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Glad that everything worked out OK for you.
    Just my personal opinion that you left yourself a bit too wide open for a while there if one of them decided to unexpectedly end your involvement into their shady business. No matter what they were doing.
    I (of course) was not there but just based on the way you told the story I think you were a bit overly vulnerable to a surprise aggressive attack.
    I agree with you, I was exposed, the fact that they came around the corner with boxes in their hands kind of threw my whole color coding off, and the guys laid back manner at first also lowered my "threat coding" it was his answers to my questions that raised my threat coding back to a higher level.
    Given the same situation QKShooter what would you have done differently?

  10. #25
    VIP Member Array cdwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    MS
    Posts
    2,261
    Quote Originally Posted by cdwolf View Post
    They would have answered questions from the other end of my 12 ga. to start!! They stashed there boxes of pot behind your house. They were going to cut you in!! Did the S.D. run the plates as soon as they got there? That's what i would have wanted to know? @ 2am, on your property with no other houses around..hmmm I don't know that I would have been as polite!! I may have asked (or told them ) we are waiting on the S.O. !!!
    It's Texas!! They would have w8ted !!
    But that,s just me, @ 2 a.m. walking around my house is a bad Idea!!
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

  11. #26
    Member Array Southtexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by cdwolf View Post
    But that,s just me, @ 2 a.m. walking around my house is a bad Idea!!
    there are neighbors in close proximity to me, im out in the boondocks but i live in a trailer park, the house next to me is vacant but the ones across the street are not, nor is the one on the other side of me, behind me is a huge 20 acre field and past that are some houses, a rock quary, some distributers, more houses. My first thought was it was the neighbors, then I remembered they moved out 5 days before. I am still having mixxed feelings about my actions, but I dont feel taking my 590 out there would have been a good thing. As it was I walked away and gave good intel to the police, if someone did get robbed they will have the guys plates, if they were simply doing some midnight moving to avoid the landlord no harm no foul. If they want to come back and
    then the 590 is an option but the truth is if they come back to do something foul I wont have the advantage anyway, and their intent would be apparent at that point. (one advantage now is they dont know I was armed, and I am glad I kept it that way, especially if they were robbing places)

    My thoughts at this point are that if they were legit no harm no foul, if they were up to no good they are probably not going to be comming around here again/ will choose another route to their pot/meth/whatever they had in the boxes.
    If I see them out here again I am still considering wether I would have probable cause to attempt to detain them, I dont think that would be wise anyway.
    As I said earlier the sheriffs office/jail is less than 2 miles away but it takes 20-40 minutes to get a patrol out here. If I see them out here again I will call the sheriffs and tell them about it, make sure my wife can protect the inside of the house, I am considering the advantages/disadvantages being outside, My fear would be arson, thus my reason for going outside. But If I go down that is one less person to defend the inside. Just being visible may be a deterant, on the other hand being visible may make them decide to come back when I am not home. Dogs are out since we are a cat family. Just part of the equation that is not going to change.

    From a legal standpoint do you feel I had cause to detain? having had to hold someone at gunpoint before I dont like the idea of the long wait time for the sheriffs dept to get here, so that is the last thing I really want to do. If they are not an imminent threat I dont want a confrontation. If they become an imminent threat I will do what I need to do to stop them.

  12. #27
    Administrator
    Array QKShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Off Of The X
    Posts
    35,926
    Well since you know now that your spidey sense is usually right, you should arm yourself whenever it tingles.
    Especially at 2:00 AM with two unknown individuals on your property that have no obvious, logical reason for being there.

    I really cannot put myself into your shoes since I do not know how much property (if any) you own around your home.

    On my own property and at that hour I personally would have gone out with my riot shotty if I felt that I had a need to go out at all.

    And if I went out later on that night to "catch a smoke" I would have at least had a J-Frame revolver in my pocket and a sturdy ax handle right in my hand.

    I don't like or appreciate nasty surprises.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

  13. #28
    Member Array Magilla82ABN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Bragg, NC----Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    317
    Claymores in the field. j/k as was said earlier take some friends with concealed arms and BE CAREFUL and check out the field. +1 on how you handled the situation and starting the paper trail.
    SAPPERS BREACH BUTT NAKED

    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.


    Supporting hunting is not supporting the 2nd Amendment !

  14. #29
    VIP Member Array cdwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    MS
    Posts
    2,261
    It worked out, but what if as soon as they saw you they rushed you? Not wanting any witness or just to knock you out so you wouldn't call the cops! At that hour if my door opens I would be armed,
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

  15. #30
    VIP Member
    Array Thumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    7,345
    No sir, not at all paranoid.

    You also have the benefit of this experience to sharpen your tactics if there is a next time!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

    "A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Good behavior at an ATM
    By ExactlyMyPoint in forum Carry & Defensive Scenarios
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: November 30th, 2010, 12:11 PM
  2. Strange behavior
    By ExactlyMyPoint in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: December 21st, 2009, 11:32 PM
  3. Threat Behavior
    By ExSoldier in forum Defensive Carry & Tactical Training
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: July 9th, 2007, 06:03 PM
  4. major sheeple behavior
    By ssssthesnake in forum Carry & Defensive Scenarios
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: April 27th, 2006, 10:51 AM