ABC Primetime last night, Teens terrorizing a homeless person - Page 2

ABC Primetime last night, Teens terrorizing a homeless person

This is a discussion on ABC Primetime last night, Teens terrorizing a homeless person within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Having not seen the show there was some confusion on my part about what was presented there. The bat boys were not attacking a person, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ABC Primetime last night, Teens terrorizing a homeless person

Having not seen the show there was some confusion on my part about what was presented there. The bat boys were not attacking a person, but a vehicle if I have been correctly informed. This changes things. I still stand by the defense of another person, but the 911 call is fine for the defense of a car, no matter who you are.
    But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself...
    "Baa."
    LTC(RET) Dave Grossman

Revolutionary War Veterans Association Shooter Qualification: Cook

Quote Originally Posted by bigiceman View Post
    Having not seen the show there was some confusion on my part about what was presented there. The bat boys were not attacking a person, but a vehicle if I have been correctly informed. This changes things. I still stand by the defense of another person, but the 911 call is fine for the defense of a car, no matter who you are.
    You had it right the first time. There was an actor dressed like a homeless person. First the boy taunted him/her in the first scenario (that I caught, it was running when I tuned in). Then started a little shoving, then were finally given a bat. All directed toward a "street person". No vehicle involved that I'm aware of.

In the scenario it was fairly easy for me to decide that I couldn't let it go. After all, I knew the whole story. (my wife and kids being present would change things. I'd have to find a way to get them secure without losing my means of escape).

Now imagine rolling up on someone swinging a bat at someone on the ground. Thats all you see. You shout for him stop NOW. He swings hard at the guy and you shoot. What you didn't see was that the bat-swinger was the intended victim that managed to get the upper hand in a fierce fight for his life. Perhaps losing his own gun in the scuffle and swinging at that moment was the only way to keep joe scumbag from shooting him with the weapon he had managed to gain control of.

Yes, this is my backpedaling due to monday morning quarterbacking. I've now had 2 or 3 days to think about a quick post I spent a minute or so thinking about. I'm not saying that we should never get involved, just that it is a risky business and things aren't always what they seem. Let me rephrase that: There is more to the story that we know more often than not.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
    Yes, this is my backpedaling due to monday morning quarterbacking. I've now had 2 or 3 days to think about a quick post I spent a minute or so thinking about. I'm not saying that we should never get involved, just that it is a risky business and things aren't always what they seem. Let me rephrase that: There is more to the story that we know more often than not.

We all do some Monday morning quarterbacking and that is okay because while we have 3 days to think about it, if it ever does happen to one of us, we will be better prepared. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links