What would you do?--Approached by 3-4 young adults. - Page 5

What would you do?--Approached by 3-4 young adults.

This is a discussion on What would you do?--Approached by 3-4 young adults. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by notagangsta Some of you guys are so scared of legal problems, that there's almost no point of having a CCW. Seriously. No, ...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Ron
    Quote Originally Posted by notagangsta View Post
    Some of you guys are so scared of legal problems, that there's almost no point of having a CCW. Seriously.
    No, some of us guys have been around long enough to be aware of the realities of life in our current social climate. We also have families to be concerned about.
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    If they actually surrounded me then living in VA and knowing now I'm in fear of my life. Appropriate action would be taken. Seeing that I don't want to be in that situation. I would try and not let them get that close to me in the first place. Thats why a high intensity flashlight would be used from a far away distance. In the dark, distance and intense light coming from your side is your friend.

As to the running away first off SiX packs are for sissies. PONY kegs are for real men, not to mention the 2 titanium pins in my leg. I would do my best to AVOID the situation first, but a lot of time running away creates Pack mentaility thus creating them to chase you.
    ďAre you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the roomĒ?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Don't forget what my CHL course instructor called the "21 foot rule". If any one or all of them get within 21 feet of you then they can grab, knife or hit you before you can draw and fire. Do not let them get close and do not let them surround you. Start talking loud saying KEEP AWAY, LEAVE ME ALONE, I DO NOT WANT TROUBLE ETC. as loud as possible and keep moving AWAY from them. If you run, you may be clumsey and fall and then it is "Good Night" to you. If they move to close with you or to keep you from leaving, then draw and let tehm know that one or more will be going on a one way trip, but do not let them get within 21 feet of you. If they presist, then I believe I would star fireing and give all or as many as possible a taste of lead poisioning.

Quote Originally Posted by HarleyDriver View Post
    Add another factor into the original scenario: Your wife/significant other is with you as these four "gentlemen" are approaching. How does this affect your response?
    Iíve already responded to this but since youíve mentioned having a wife along, it reminded me of the time back in the 80ís when my girlfriends (pre wife) brother dropped us off by boat to a restaurant I had left my car at.

Itís around 12:30 and the restaurant was closed. When we walked from the rear dock of the building to the front parking lot, we stumbled upon a drug deal going down.

I walked her quickly and open the passenger side door and gave her the keys. As I was walking around the car one of the BGís who was on a motorcycle started it up and came my direction. As I was trying to open my door he ran into it.

I missed injury by jumping out of the way.

While I was getting up his buddy came out of no ware, and hit me in the head, at about the same time, the first guy was approaching me from the side. Using open hand defense, I blocked the next punch and broke his nose. This gave me a break in the action so I stepped back a couple feet and draw my pistol that I was carrying IWB.

No cell phone back then, the BG in the car speed off. So I held the two of them at gun point, while I walked to my car.

One of them unzips his leather jacket and reaches inside. I advised him not to, and had to cock my pistol, and advised him I was going to shoot him in the head if he did not take his hand out of his jacket empty. He cursed some, and then complied; Thank God I have good finger control, and Iím thankful I did not have to shoot him.

My girl friend leaned over and opens my door for me and the car was already running.

We drove off and other than the damage to my car we where not hurt.

Sure, I had more than ample grounds to shoot the BGís but as I stated earlier life is about decisions, and having to live with the ones you make.

When youíre carrying a sidearm, you and you alone have to judge for yourself when itís time to draw your weapon, and when itís time to take someoneís life.

Footnote:

At the time, I was in my upper 20ís and still in shape, and felt like I could handle the situation hand to hand. Today 20 plus years later, I would have to shoot one or both of them.

Re being surrounded by a bunch of uncivilized individuals, By the time you ARE in fear for your life, in that situation, you will not have a life to be in fear of losing. Four guys on you mean that your chances of then drawing a gun would be equal to the chances of Hillary carrying one.
    Surrounded and outnumbered, Marine Col Lewis Puller: "Good! We finally got 'em where we want 'em!" (Korea, 1950)

Quote Originally Posted by billfromtx View Post
    I think I would reach out and bust the leader(main talker) right between the running lights with a stiff jab, then as his buddies looked on in disbeleif I would draw and get some seperation. Action is better and faster than re-action, change their game plan and add some time on your side....
    Then yell...BACK AWAY, I DONT WANT TROUBLE, PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE...
    If that didn't do it. It would get noisy!
    In a confrontational situation, words like "please" come across as fearfull. Yelling "please" at best sends a mixed message.

BACK AWAY. I DON'T WANT TROUBLE. would work much better as you keep the leader (or the closest punk) in your sights.

Well said.
    Surrounded and outnumbered, Marine Col Lewis Puller: "Good! We finally got 'em where we want 'em!" (Korea, 1950)

Quote Originally Posted by dcb188 View Post
    Four guys on you mean that your chances of then drawing a gun would be equal to the chances of Hillary carrying one.
    She probably does. Rabid O'Donnell probably does, too, and Sarah Brady. Remember, these are elitists that deem themselves above the laws and rules they make for the lesser, rest of us.

Stay safe,

Chuck Brick.
    Why do I use 230 gr. for my .45acp?
    Because I can't find a source of 250 gr!
    http://chucksrantings.blogspot.com/

Great post!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by da3394 View Post
    Don't forget what my CHL course instructor called the "21 foot rule". If any one or all of them get within 21 feet of you then they can grab, knife or hit you before you can draw and fire. Do not let them get close and do not let them surround you. Start talking loud saying KEEP AWAY, LEAVE ME ALONE, I DO NOT WANT TROUBLE ETC. as loud as possible and keep moving AWAY from them. If you run, you may be clumsey and fall and then it is "Good Night" to you. If they move to close with you or to keep you from leaving, then draw and let tehm know that one or more will be going on a one way trip, but do not let them get within 21 feet of you. If they presist, then I believe I would star fireing and give all or as many as possible a taste of lead poisioning.
    Uh huh. You are walking to your car in a parking lot... you can have a van full of thugs, or two cars which are both parked one car away from yours. Nope, the bad guys are ALREADY inside 21 ft, and they ALREADY have you flanked with at least one guy behind you.

You gonna engage in chitty chat, NOW?
    Their victim selection process is OVER.

You think 4 guys set on you as their victim care what "witnesses" 100 ft away hear You say?

They.don't.care.

You need to explode in their face.

Screaming, "I DON'T WANT TROUBLE", like a little girl is lawyerese advise by someone who never had 4 bad guys try to kill him.

If threatening gang leader #1 does not work, you need to commence the battle, within fractions of a second.

--Travis--

Quote Originally Posted by tns0038 View Post
    When youíre carrying a sidearm, you and you alone have to judge for yourself when itís time to draw your weapon, and when itís time to take someoneís life.
    Excellent post and point. Avoidance is the keep issue if you can avoid the situations altogether then try to. If not then try to keep on walking but if you can't then you better be ready to follow through with you decision. We can play these little what-if games all day but until it happens we do not know what we will do. I honestly think that too many people play these mind games with themselves and have convinced themsleves that they are ready to shoot rather than looking at alternatives. This is why you see the articles in the paper about so and so shooting an unarmed kid.

Think about the 7-11 robbery where the addict comes in with a gun wanting money. The last thing he wants is a confrontation. Just like any other customer he wants to go in, get his money and leave with no hassle. The four punks on the street are a little different that they are wanting excitement more than just the money so the last thing you want to do is shoot one just for being a punk but if it comes down to it you better be ready to. As TNS says it is your decision and yours alone but be ready to have everyone in the world question your decision.

Before getting surrounded I'd attempt to remove my self from the problem (plan a)

Knowing plan a never works we goto plan b, closest visable threat gets punched, kicked, bitten, pushed. whatever it takes to get me out of the circle and gun on target. From there I move to cover/distance while serving out plates of 230gr HSTs. Everyone gets served then I ask who's up for seconds.

-Alex
    -Never insult a man you are not prepared to fight, and never fight a man you are not prepared to kill.

to be truthful,do any of you ever walk around that much where 4 BGs can surround you w/no one else around to call for help or something.i have a hard time seeing myself in a situation like this.if i did happen though, i would put distance between us fast, draw and tell them to leave, hold gun on them while dialing 911. if they advance on me after being warned....well boom
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.Ē
    ― Thomas Paine

Gettin' Down To It...

My preferred response :

032108_flashlight.wmv
    3896K Download

Stay Safe,

Chuck Brick.
    Why do I use 230 gr. for my .45acp?
    Because I can't find a source of 250 gr!
    http://chucksrantings.blogspot.com/

Pull the trigger man! No really try to escape first, if left no option, then defend yourself.

Links