Night lights in your home.

This is a discussion on Night lights in your home. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I did a write-up here of my security stuff: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...nded-long.html When it comes to video, I'm not much to help, as I have yet to ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Night lights in your home.

I did a write-up here of my security stuff: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...nded-long.html

When it comes to video, I'm not much to help, as I have yet to settle on a solution:
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

2. Remove Ads

I was about to say its best to harden your perimiter to the point where the BG can't get in. Then I remembered my wife and her way of leaving windows and doors unlocked at all hours of the day and night!! Your perimiter is only as strong as the least attentative person in your family. My wife thinks I'm some kind of nut case when it comes to personal security, the old "if its gonna happen its gonna happen" thinking. Frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Not if you know how to use it.
    care to elaborate?

Always Hold The Light Away From Your Body So You Are Not A Direct Target For The Perp If He Wants To Take A Shot At You, But You Can Always See Him By Holding The Lite That Way, To Get Off A Stopping Shot At Them

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPR View Post
    I handle things a bit differently. I have lots of X10 control in my house, with a push of a button I can light up the house like a christmas tree. In two areas of the house, the lights are run by motion sensors which are controlled by computer. When someone walks into those areas, the lights come on. I keep an audit trail and can review exactly when these motion sensors were tripped, although their primary purpose is to turn off lights that are oft-neglected by lazy teenagers. By the same token, I can turn off all lights with a single button, or send them wildly flashing off and on in random patterns. Or turn them off and on room by room.

In other words, I have complete control of the lighting environment (including outside lights) throughout the house in the palm of my hand. I never liked the idea of searching my house with a flashlight, since that just always seemed like a good way of telegraphing that you're coming. Folks talk alot about having a flashlight, but you can see one coming even through a closed door in the dark.

This was all very inexpensive to set up. I don't use the X-10 plug-in modules, I use either inline modules or replace switches and outlets with X-10 controllable ones. In the event of someone in the house... *I* want to be the guy with complete control over the environment.

X-10 is my system of choice as well for camers and lighting......

I also have the small neon green plug ins lighting the way in/out in case of a fire....while these lights are not as bright as a 7.5W bulb, they do provide enough light to allow you to distinguish a child from a perp...

Senior Member Array InspectorGadget's Avatar
    I have been called Inspector Gadget since I was a kid for a reason. I have both a surefire and NVG monocular by my bed. In a dark room my CT laser actually puts out a bit on ambient light as well. The first thing you will see is a flash of a red dot followed in a by a number of bright flashes. My home security cameras also have Nightime capability as well. So I can track you from my bedroom AKA the most secure room in the house, with the lights off. Nightime is my cover not yours. The yard and house motion sensors the turn on and off lights when someone approches of enters the room, just wire them to turn on a light in the bedroom and you have a home made security system on the cheap. One Nightlight for the fromt yard, One nightlight for the back, one for the living room etc... I can also hit a button and light the whole house in visible light (Deterrent) or IR. My House = My Rules and I am the one running the show when you invade my world. I am thinking about the X-10, but I enjoy doing it myself for a lot of things.
    Colt 1911 New Agent, CTLaser

You do not work for them, they work for you.
    Senators http://senate.gov/general/contact_in...nators_cfm.cfm
    Congressmen http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links