New Section for Tactic's of BG's?

This is a discussion on New Section for Tactic's of BG's? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I got this from a friend. Dunno where best place to post it. Was wondering if you'd consider another section for Tactics BG's might use ...

Thread: New Section for Tactic's of BG's?

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar

I got this from a friend. Dunno where best place to post it. Was wondering if you'd consider another section for Tactics BG's might use or Beware of.?.
    =========================================
    Tactics and Methods of BG's?

I got the following from a friend and dunno where to post.
    ==================================================
    A NEW FORM OF KIDNAPPING

Please take a minute to read this. This is very scary and could happen
    to any of us.. Seems like every nice thing people do for one another can be perverted .

A new twist on kidnapping........ From a very smart survivor:

About a month ago there was a woman standing by the mall entrance passing out flyers to all the women going in. The woman had written the flyer herself to tell about an experience she had, so that she might warn other women. The previous day, this woman had finished shopping, went out to her car and discovered that she had a flat. She got the jack out of the trunk and began to change the flat. A nice man dressed in a business suit and carrying a briefcase walked up to her and said, "I noticed you're changing a flat tire. Would you like me to take care of it for you?"

The woman was grateful for his offer and accepted his help. They chatted amiably while the man changed the flat, and then put the flat tire and the jack in the trunk, shut it and dusted his hands off. The woman thanked him profusely, and as she was about to get in her car, the man told her that he left his car around on the other side of the mall, and asked if she would mind giving him a lift to his car.

She was a little surprised and she asked him why his car was on other side.
    He explained that he had seen an old friend in the mall that he hadn't
    seen for some time and they had a bite to eat and visited for a while he got turned around in the mall and left through the wrong exit, and now he was running late. The woman hated to tell him "no" because he had just rescued her from having to change her flat tire all by herself, but she felt uneasy.

Then she remembered seeing the man put his briefcase in her trunk before shutting it and before he asked her for a ride to his car.

She told him that she'd be happy to drive him around to his car, but she just remembered one last thing she needed to buy. She said she would only be a few minutes; he could sit down in her car and wait for her; she would be as quick as she could be. She hurried into the mall, and told a security guard what had happened, the guard came out to her car with her, but the man had left. They opened the trunk, took out his locked briefcase and took it down to the police station.

The police opened it (ostensibly to look for ID so they could return it
    to the man). What they found was rope, duct tape, and knives. When the police checked her "flat" tire, there was nothing wrong with it; the air had simply been let out. It was obvious what the man's intention was, and obvious that he had carefully thought it out in advance. The woman was blessed to have escaped harm.

How much worse it would have been if she had children with her and had them wait in the car while the man fixed the tire, or if she had a baby strapped into a car seat? Or if she'd gone against her judgment and given him a lift?

I'd like you to forward this to all the women you know. It may save a
    life. as well. Send this to any woman you know that may need to be reminded that the world we live in has a lot of crazies in it....better safe than sorry.

PLEASE BE SAFE AND NOT SORRY ! JUST A WARNING TO ALWAYS BE ALERT AND USE YOUR HEAD!!!

Pass this along to every woman you have access to. Never let your guard down !!!!!!
    For God, Family and Country!

VIP Member
    I'll plop this in the Tactical Scenarios forum. It's a good "how would you handle it" scenario.

I'm lucky I know how to change my own flat (and have at least twice) and would therefore not accept his help.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

VIP Member
    Good idea! Let's face it, our potential opponents are getting more tactically aware as the days go by.....
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Assistant Administrator
    I think this fits well in the scenarios forum... which suits BG and GG aspects equally well.

This is similar - slightly - to that other scam recently mentioned where a flier is put on rear window of vehicle such that a driver may get out to remove it after having started their motor - and then ... instant car jack! Or maybe even more!

It is always well worth remembering - the best con-man is the one who we take for a good ol' regular guy - and this case, with the smart guy and briefcase supports this.

Sad really that beyond our family and close friends - it is hard to trust just about anyone, with certainty!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Administrator

Thumbs up ArmyCop

Very valuable thread...Thanks much for posting it.

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/madmen/hairyarm.asp

Another urban legend is re-born. False.

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    Actually it's not false. Snopes admits that they found one incident that matches... it just isn't terribly recent. Just because the tale keeps being retold doesn't mean that there isn't underlying truth.

From snopes.com:

We've found only one actual case that mimics any of the forms this urban legend has taken over the years, and it happened in 1989.

On 16 December 1989, 29-year-old Sedrick Cobb kidnapped 23-year-old Julie Ashe from a department store parking lot in Waterbury, CT, after he helped her change a flat tire on her car that he had let the air out of while she was in the store Christmas shopping. He then drove Miss Ashe to a wooded area, raped her, bound her, and pushed her off a dam into an icy pond 23 feet below. Her feet were found protruding from the ice on Christmas Day, nine days after she disappeared.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    True or false, it's something that should be in the back of your mind regardless. The imagination of sickos is impressive.
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

Thanks for the post, very worth while.
    As you slide down the banister of life,
    May the splinters never point the wrong way.
    ---
    NRA Life Member

two possibles, the wife would 1. call me, or 2. use her AAA card. the daughter would just change the flat, spare is under her PU truck so no trunk.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Exclamation Distinguish between Predators and PUNKS

Quote Originally Posted by Betty
    I'll plop this in the Tactical Scenarios forum. It's a good "how would you handle it" scenario.

I'm lucky I know how to change my own flat (and have at least twice) and would therefore not accept his help.
    But Betty you wouldn't fill your hands with the task and turn your back on him would you? After you'd politely declined his kind offer?

My take on this is that the worst form of predators that exist...the serials...whether they be serial killers or serial rapists....these folks usually do develop both a signature and a set of tactics they employ to do the deed. These tactics may be for the actual stalk and kill or capture or they may be a survival mechanism to avoid capture or detection.

GANGS may develop tactics, if they're well led. But your average run of the mill ripoff artist, thug who preys on the weak and untrained or unarmed....those punks think they don't NEED tactics...because they're simply the baddest muthas on the block. This of course makes them all the easier to take when they choose the wrong victim.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

VIP Member
    Good question.

I try to park where I'm by myself, for security reasons and even though my truck may be old with an expired paint job, I still get upset when someone opens their door into it. I don't like being boxed in.

I'd tell him, "No thank you sir, I've got it handled." If he's got one functioning brain cell, my firm voice and steady eyes will tell him I'm not food. If he insists on hanging around to "be helpful," I'll just flat out tell him, politely but firmly, that I find his continued presence disturbing and he needs to go. Even an honest good samaritan should understand that; he's a stranger and I'm a lone female. More persistance on his part will raise my alert level and I'll be keeping my truck between me and him. He'll be halfway across the lot before I continue fixing the flat again.

I've had men approach me before, whether it was to panhandle or to ask for directions. The smart ones know to keep a good personal space and quickly and politely leave when turned down. They know that approaching a lone female can be perceived as threatening to the female. The dumb ones see how fast I can bristle. They're told to stand where they are, not come any closer, and state their business. If the would-be kidnapper hung around, I'd give him the bore-through-the-back-of-the-head look. It gets me called a witch sometimes, but I don't care. I have an "anti-social face" when I don't want to be bothered, and most people respect that.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

OD*
    Ahh, Snopes.
    But who watches the watcher?
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Sponsored Links