A knock at the door - Page 2

A knock at the door

This is a discussion on A knock at the door within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The other day someone was beating on the door. My fiance comes to the bedroom to ask me to open the door since she's not ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A knock at the door

The other day someone was beating on the door. My fiance comes to the bedroom to ask me to open the door since she's not dressed to answer the door and had the flu. I get to the door and the beating is hard at this point. As I reach to snatch open the door the person on the other side tries the door knob. It's locked. I snatch open the door and there stands my ex-wife. She askes me why I looked so weird. I explained that I thought you were the illegal alien neighbors wanting a ride again. Only you tried to open the door. If anyone else had been standing on my porch I would have severally beaten them. She only tested the door knob because our son was staying with me and was gonna leave his cloths bag hanging on the knob.

cj
    Quote Originally Posted by exactlymypoint View Post
    I work at home...usually in my Superman PJs as I am too lazy to get dressed unless I go out.

So I am in the bathroom, reading my latest issue of American Rifleman...if you know what I mean.
    Wow, and I thought I was the only one...except for the Superman PJs...still too cold around here for them.

In my case, it turned out to be a bunch of Jehovah's witnesses going door to door to let me know that Easter was coming, but I expect they were moving so fast since most doors don't tend to be answered in my area in the middle of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by cj View Post
    Wow, and I thought I was the only one...except for the Superman PJs...still too cold around here for them.

In my case, it turned out to be a bunch of Jehovah's witnesses going door to door to let me know that Easter was coming, but I expect they were moving so fast since most doors don't tend to be answered in my area in the middle of the day.
    FYI....JW's don't believe in Easter....so they may have been nicely dressed BG's after all.
    ~ Randy W. -- G27 & LCP

" If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?" — Sen. Jesse Helms

cj
    Quote Originally Posted by wedoada View Post
    FYI....JW's don't believe in Easter....so they may have been nicely dressed BG's after all.
    Doh! Maybe the Witnesses were the week before. That's the drawback of working at home...you suddenly realize just how many times a day people tend to come knocking. Sort of makes me wonder how often the routine of knock-no answer-check doorknob comes about.

I would call the TAPS team and have your house checked for ghosts.

Just kidding. Had the same thing happen to me a week ago and still don't know who was at the door.

Likely the Roto Rooter man anticipating problems....
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

You see.....if you has Spiderman PJs instead of Superman Pjs you could have used your Spidey Senses to determine where the knock came from.
    -Biker

Question?

Were you carrying? If so, answer the freakin' door! You're prepared, trained and ready. What's the problem? If you were not carrying, you seriously think about doing so!
    "A voyage in search for knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Cactus Jack redneck humor jokes and southern bike fun

Follow these simple rules and you won't have to worry about people dropping by anymore.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links