A knock at the door

A knock at the door

This is a discussion on A knock at the door within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I work at home...usually in my Superman PJs as I am too lazy to get dressed unless I go out. So I am in the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

A knock at the door

I work at home...usually in my Superman PJs as I am too lazy to get dressed unless I go out.

So I am in the bathroom, reading my latest issue of American Rifleman...if you know what I mean. All of a sudden there is a loud knock at the door. Great. So I hurry up and make it to the door. Nobody there. No package either, as sometimes UPS will just knock and leave a package. No package delivery note on the door. Nothing. Hmmmm. So I check the rest of the house and the perimeter by looking out the windows. All is quiet. It has now been several hours and nothing out of the ordinary.

Gonna be on a higher alert level for a while, but just seemed a bit odd to me.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Lead Moderator
    Some one forgot the flaming bag of poo?
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Administrator
    Maybe the girl scouts didnt want to wait for you.

I hardly ever answer my door, and I dont go on high alert when someone does knock. Its when they dont that I worry about.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Gutter salesman? I've had two this week.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Maybe it was the Jehovah's witnesses---finally saw that 'trespassers will be shot' sign after they knocked. Look for a copy of Watchtower in the driveway.
    Could be the neighborhood kids accidentally kicked the ball over your fence and knocked before they saw the 'property protected by (fill in your favorite here)' sign and really don't want their ball back-----check your back yard for out of place balls!
    Maybe that knock at the door was an imaginary scenario you've been working out in your sub-conscious state. Maybe it's 'air-hammer' in your pipes?

Scouting for food is this week. Same thing happened to me, only I saw a weblo making a mad dash for my neighbors house. He seemed upset when I shouted that I had some food for him to lug to his parents car.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

VIP Member
    If you weren't expecting anyone or anything why bother answering the door? My shipments go to my office and I know when I'm expecting visitors. All other times I could care less if someone knocks or rings the bell, they will get no answer.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

whats with you people that dont answer your own door?
    you never know it may be opportunity knocking.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Could have been a zillion different things. Everything from somebody trying to sell something, to somebody casing your house.

I would go out and walk around if you are worried about it. Its better than waiting around, and you can hardly call the police because someone knocked on your door.

Austin

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    I had another knock on the door at about 5 pm today. This time it was a solicitor. The first one was probably one, too. But they are unusual in my neighborhood.

You know, up until I started reading this forum, I probably wouldn't have given the first one a second thought.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

This time it was a solicitor. The first one was probably one, too. But they are unusual in my neighborhood.
    Sort of 'membership dues' for the 'out-of-towner' so-to-speak. Most municipalities have ordinances concerning solicitors or door-to-door sales. That being said, some naive individuals go out of their way to further their cause. I might say these folks are rather bold in their attempts as just getting out of their car on someone's suburban or country property involves a certain amount of risk in and of itself. I'm on yellow alert if someone even slows down or stops in front of the house. If they want to eyeball something, I'd be more than happy to show them what I think they're looking for. I may be wrong though.

It was probably a politician wanting to slime you with his hand shake and a mouth-full of lies.
    "Any rationally thinking person is armed" ---Hinds Co. constable John Lewis

NRA member

Quote Originally Posted by stormbringerr View Post
    whats with you people that dont answer your own door?
    you never know it may be opportunity knocking.
    The only "opportunity" I ever saw knocking was working on the BG's side and involved someone not authorized entering my home.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Wherever there's fried chicken or barbecue
    This morning my wife opened the door from the kitchen to the garage and about 1 second later the doorbell rang. Not near enough time for her to get the front door to ring the bell. Grabbed the G30, went to the door, turned on the light, looked outside and no one was there. Opened the door and couldn't see well in the dark. Fortunately the neighbor had locked the keys to her car in her house and couldn't get in. She wanted to use the phone. Relieved when I found out. The wife would have been a sitting duck when that door opened. The best thing was I was coming out of the house opposite of her and was behind the individual.
    Pitmaster

HELGA: Where are you going?
    HAGAR: To sign a peace treaty with the King of England.
    HELGA: Then why take all those weapons?
    HAGAR: First we gotta negotiate...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links