What Would You Do ?

This is a discussion on What Would You Do ? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have to play things as I see them play out! Situations like that are highly fluid by it's very nature! While I'm not opposed ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What Would You Do ?

I have to play things as I see them play out!

Situations like that are highly fluid by it's very nature!

While I'm not opposed to helping innocent people in danger, I also have an obligation to my family. I am their provider and do not uphold my moral/financial obligation to them by getting myself killed.

I also do not want to get caught up in a case of "mistaken Identity!" (either on my part, or that of a fellow "good guy")

Most likely, I will search for a means of safe egress, be on alert and call 911!

However, as stated before, these situations are very fluid in nature and if warranted, I would intervene on an innocents behalf.

As a paramedic, I would certainly render any kind of aid to victims I could as soon as it is safe to do so. Or attempt to move victims to a safe area and then render aid.

Again, I have to play it as I see it unfold. No pat answers on this one. Too many variables!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    So what happens if you shoot a plain clothes LEO????
    Sorry, but I can't figure out how you've suddenly got me shooting a plain clothes cop. The inability to identify GG from BG unless the GG is wearing a uniform is why I said I wouldn't be wondering around the store with my gun out.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Lots of fireworks on this thread.

I suggest rarely following the crowd and maintain that in this event. Likely, the safest position is not in the midst of the fleeing crowd.

Although leaving immediately would probably not get you shot, it may get you hurt in the rush, especially if you have small children you are trying to protect.

The first priority, in my book, is to survey the scene. You must assess your environment before you move. Of course time is critical but what good does leaving do if it is an ambush and sticking around won't help much if the BG is quickly approaching your position.

Remember leaders are those who maintain their heads while those around them are losing theirs.

So, survey the scene then make a decision that you can live with, either leaving or advancing.

Heroes are made everyday, but are only determined after the fact.

I have life ins! (my wife would push me in front of him LOL)
    No kids!!
    But I have to sleep at night!
    You come shoot up my wal-mart or whatever store im in im going hunting(period)
    To each his own!!
    I get shot,I made my peace with my maker,and it was my time!!
    Im not looking for a fight, but if it comes to a madmad, crazy ex, armed robber, nutjob shooting people when im around, im going to give him a target that shoots back!!
    If you see me running it's to sporting goods for ammo or a shotgun!!
    I think im going to burn some powder this week!!
    Wolf in a sheepdogs clothing!!!!

Hoss you made a great post!!
    Your plan of action is more then likely the smartest move to make!
    I have never really fit in with the smart group
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

break out the popcorn , this is more interesting than CSI

i just got a post deleted for admitting i did something illegal "but not unconstitutional " , what the original post of this thread should have read " somebody is shooting up walmart !, within the law what would you do ? "all state laws a not the same , whats legal ? in most states , no you cannot go "hunting " for the bad guy , and common sense is that maybe thats not too good of a idea to begin with , now we got armed citizens shooting undercover cops ??? and sheep running out the door ??? and people taking up defensive positions ????, the stand your ground law is ? once he has pointed his pistol or shoot's at you , even if he retreats , he is bought and paid for ,no matter what he has turned to you at the time ,thats all that it says , that don't mean you can chase him across town "till you get him " or go" hunting for him " as for losing sleep ? people die all the time and we don't loose sleep over it ,unless its one of our own , this is a very selfish world , thats the only thing that the writing is clear on the "WALL" , take another scenerio , even if he is standing 25 feet from you , how can you be sure that he is the BG , he may be a off duty /under cover police man shooting at the BG at the other end of the isle , that you can't see because your view is blocked ,being a armed citizen is something i take very seriously ,you can't call a bullet back and not only are you liable for any damages you also have to live with yourself , know the laws ... well i guess i am .. for sure now .....

1943 - 2009
    Lots of fireworks on this thread.
    And before it gets any hotter, it is...

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links