Trying to Rob Me in Broad Daylight!! - Page 2

Trying to Rob Me in Broad Daylight!!

This is a discussion on Trying to Rob Me in Broad Daylight!! within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I would've loved to see the look on his face if you opened the door & racked the slide on a 12 gauge!...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trying to Rob Me in Broad Daylight!!

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    I would've loved to see the look on his face if you opened the door & racked the slide on a 12 gauge!

Senior Member Array Stirling XD's Avatar
    Don't be so surprised that he was doing this in "Broad Daylight". That's when most of us are at work and nobody's home. It always amazes me that people park a vehicle worth several thoudands of dollars out on the street so they can store 12 years of accumulated junk in their garage. I'm glad the dirtbag didn't get anything from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Stirling XD View Post
    It always amazes me that people park a vehicle worth several thoudands of dollars out on the street so they can store 12 years of accumulated junk in their garage. I'm glad the dirtbag didn't get anything from you.
    Amen to that. I think I am the only one in my whole neighborhood who parks his car in the garage. Half can't even manage to make it to their driveway, but prefer the street instead.

I did a temp with my departments telephone reporting unit a few years back. Every time school was out we would get a bunch of thefts from unlocked vehicles. Most of the time is was change out of the ash tray or CD's. The guys we usually caught on this type were school kids looking for cash to go to the movies, or just walking around money. They usually did very little if any physical damage. For them it was just their part time summer job!
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stirling XD View Post
    Don't be so surprised that he was doing this in "Broad Daylight". That's when most of us are at work and nobody's home.
    The same principle applies to the cars, though.

Around here, most thefts from vehicles are in the wee hours.

Nothing warms my heart more than catching the little b@$tards at it.

(by the way, if you ever see a patrol car coasting down your street at about 3 mph without any lights on in the middle of the night, he's probably looking for this exact type of critter)

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Shoulda kept your mouth shut and let the police catch him. Oh well, at least you got to yell at him.
    Around here they won't bother even taking a report. Even if the break into the car and seal something...you'll get a callback in a day or two for someone to take a phone report.
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    Originally Posted by: Ridgeline
    Without saying the actual address, what part of Dallas are you in, im over in the Rockwall area. By the way, wonder if there is any desire to put together a DCC Dallas area group?
    We live just West of SMU. As well, there has been talk of a DFW get together. Would be great to see it happen.
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

VIP Member

Trying to Rob Me in Broad Daylight!!

You come out in broad daylight like that and I'll run too

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    I just heard my car alarm 2 hours ago and went out to find that the window had been pulled back out of its track, and the passenger door unlocked. Nothing missing. Luckily, I have a removable steering wheel so they wouldn't have gotten far if they were actually trying to steal the car.

Looking in the windows, you can see a 12 pack of toilet paper on the back seat, a Roy Orbison cd on the front seat and an ice scraper and rag on the floor for cold mornings. Stupid thugs!

p.s. No, I didn't go out the door with gun in hand.

Okay, SuicideHz, you are wrong on this one, and I am surprised an administrator has taken the time to argue with you, but here it goes. If it occured during the nightime, it would be a justifiable shoot, even in the back.

For a legal shoot during the day time, the car would of had to been broken into and property taken and for a reasonable person to expect that that is the only way the property can be recoverd...not exactly an easy explanation for a CD or some change. Just breaking the window would not constitute a legal shoot.

Back to topic.

USP, I'm in Highland Village, and we haven't had much of that over here yet, but I'm sure it's coming. As far as the get together, this thread is open http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-together.html and there has been varied interest, it's just tough getting a date or time together.

I would not advocate staying inside and waiting for the police to show up on a suspicious person call. He could have broken into several vehicles and been gone before the police ever arrived to take your statement. It would have been nice if you would of gotten the license plate, but then, you had no way of knowing that he had a getaway car down the street.

All in all, I would say good job to your wife for her situational awareness, and good job to you. That's one group of thieves who won't be coming back to your street now that they know there are some sheepdogs around...(and yeah, I hate the word 'sheepdog', I just can't think of any other way to put it).

I just hope they don't make it over to my neighborhood.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stanislaskasava View Post
    I just heard my car alarm 2 hours ago and went out to find that the window had been pulled back out of its track, and the passenger door unlocked. Nothing missing. Luckily, I have a removable steering wheel so they wouldn't have gotten far if they were actually trying to steal the car.

Looking in the windows, you can see a 12 pack of toilet paper on the back seat, a Roy Orbison cd on the front seat and an ice scraper and rag on the floor for cold mornings. Stupid thugs!

p.s. No, I didn't go out the door with gun in hand.
    Maybe they guy really had to go.

Kidding, glad they didn't get anything.

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    Like I've said a few times on this board already: the young criminals today simply are NOT afraid. Jail isn't a deterrent: free TV, free bed, free food, and a free education on more crime and maybe how not to get caught the next time.

TV and movies glorify crime. Much of the 'urban' music glorifies crime and criminals.

-JT
    One of my "finest" students was just recently arrested in connection with a drive by shooting. Right now he is in jail since he was denied bail. Hope he is having fun in the pokey. And he thought being in my room sucked.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Thugs broke into my son's Cavalier a couple weeks ago: got the Sirius and everything that wasn't welded down. Lives "in the city" Dogs would have alerted here.

Stay safe.
    Bob

ok to me the worst part is that it's 70 degrees there.....you suck..as I look out my window I see snow,ice and it's in the 30's..NY sucks.
    Oh about the whole breaking in thing......I always wonder about modern criminals..they don't seem any smarter,but more brazen.Col. Copper always stated how BG's are cowards and the sight of agun would make them run.For the most part I agree,but I also thing there is a new kind of criminal who aren't too afraid to get shot at,especially when there's a few of them.Makes me reconsider my 5 shot snubby(although so far it's been 5 shot too many,thank God).Teens looking for cd's and change is one thing,but a hardened BG may not have been scard by a guy in his skivies(although if it were me in MY undies,he would not only run,but probably run laughing)
    "Just because I'm paranoid,doesn't mean they're NOT after me...."

Actuallys, teens not giving a crap are pretty common. I had a friend...well...more of someone I hung out with, who was from Texas and was actually like a real gangster (not the fake ones, but a real one, had these weird burns or something on his arm that had bubbled up, some sort of respect thing...not really sure, he didn't like to talk about it too much)...

He didn't care...like....I dunno, but something just wasn't quite right in his brain.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links