Trying to Rob Me in Broad Daylight!!

This is a discussion on Trying to Rob Me in Broad Daylight!! within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I'm recuperating at home from nose surgery. Taking it easy, surfing DC and trying not to go bored out of my mind. I decided ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trying to Rob Me in Broad Daylight!!

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar

Trying to Rob Me in Broad Daylight!!

So I'm recuperating at home from nose surgery. Taking it easy, surfing DC and trying not to go bored out of my mind. I decided it was way too hot for jeans since its about 70 degrees and sunny here today. So I go upstairs to change into some shorts. I am in my closet wearing briefs and my 5.11 holster shirt when I hear my wife yelling about someone breaking into my suburban. Instinct (of course not fashion sense) takes over and I'm down the stairs to make sure my wife is alright. Sure enough there is some kid leaving our driveway and strolling up to our next door neighbor's car. I watch him as he pulls on all the doors. My wife was already on with 911 telling them about the situation. I open the door and yell at the kid (i know, i know - stupid stupid stupid-especially in my briefs). He sees me and bolts down the street toward an awaiting get-away vehicle.

Okay with all that said -- I'm just pissed. The audacity of people in this day and age. Not just that this kid would walk up and down the street looking for a score (in broad daylight) but that there is more than enough empirical evidence that no one would do anything. He probably felt safe walking up and down the street pulling on people's door handles. For what? Loose change, sunglasses and CD's?

And on top of that my freaking nose started bleeding again
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

2. Remove Ads

These kids today are just sooo stupid. Apparently he is unaware he could be shot in Texas for what he is doing.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Quote Originally Posted by deadeye72 View Post
    These kids today are just sooo stupid. Apparently he is unaware he could be shot in Texas for what he is doing.
    Or at best, severly beaten by some homeowner with a bloody nose.
    "Any rationally thinking person is armed" ---Hinds Co. constable John Lewis

NRA member

Now Fast Cloud -- that is funny!!!
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Administrator
    Shoulda kept your mouth shut and let the police catch him. Oh well, at least you got to yell at him.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Don't laugh too hard or you'll spurt blood on your moniter!!! Honestly though, these punks today are so bold it's scary. Were you able to get their licence plate #??
    "Any rationally thinking person is armed" ---Hinds Co. constable John Lewis

NRA member

Distinguished Member Array Der Alte's Avatar
    Just a couple of weeks ago we had the same thing happen in my neighborhood only no one saw him. A neighbor across the street and a couple of houses down had someone remove a GPS unit from his unlocked truck. If he would clean out his garage and put the truck inside - or if he would lock it while outside - oh heck you know what I mean.
    Its a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

VIP Member
    If that had been me, the mere sight of me in my briefs would have blinded that little punk right on the spot and the coppers would have found him standing right there screaming "my eyes... my eyes!"
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Originally posted by: SIXTO
    Shoulda kept your mouth shut and let the police catch him. Oh well, at least you got to yell at him.
    SIXTO - I have been beating myself up for the last couple of hours about this. I should have stayed inside watched and been a good witness. They might have actually taken so much time going up (as brazen as they were) and down the street that the PD could have caught them. I actually feel pretty stupid about it. I can't change anything but God willing I'll never make that mistake again!

Like I've said a few times on this board already: the young criminals today simply are NOT afraid. Jail isn't a deterrent: free TV, free bed, free food, and a free education on more crime and maybe how not to get caught the next time.

TV and movies glorify crime. Much of the 'urban' music glorifies crime and criminals.

I'm going to shut up now, before I launch into a 5K word rant.

I'm glad you and your wife are okay, USPnTX, and I hope nothing was taken from your vehicle.

-JT

USPINTEXAS,I see you are in dallas,your lucky thats all that happened,as you can by my address I'm a little ways south of you and out in the country.Its nice and quiet out here although one day I came home and found the doors to my shed and workshop were open,From then on I put on locks although I think it might have just been kids looking as nothing was taken.Wouldn't move back to the city for anything, sj

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Cloud View Post
    Or at best, severly beaten by some homeowner with a bloody nose.

Without saying the actual address, what part of Dallas are you in, im over in the Rockwall area. By the way, wonder if there is any desire to put together a DCC Dallas area group?
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

Less than two weeks ago, a BG was shot and killed in GA right across the border while trying to break into a homeowners pickup truck. Last I heard they were trying to decide whether or not to charge the homeowner (in SC the homeowner would not be charged).
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Young TX thugs...will soon meet up with TX justice, it's just a matter of time!

If I had stepped out into the yard in my briefs, he would have known I was 'packin'...
    Hey, a guy can dream can't he?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links