Convenience Store Robbery - Page 2

Convenience Store Robbery

This is a discussion on Convenience Store Robbery within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by cdwolf Ok, say your pinky! 1. Do you put on in the back of the head (he had 2 days to draw)of ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Convenience Store Robbery

Quote Originally Posted by cdwolf View Post
    Ok, say your pinky!
    1. Do you put on in the back of the head (he had 2 days to draw)of the BG providing it is legal in your state?
    2. Pull your gun and demand compliance (he may freeze, he may turn toward you)
    I think I would put a round in the apricot and turn him off like a switch, I don't want him touching a round off toward me or the lady!
    What do you do?
    I work in a store, I really dont want anyone telling mr bad guy to Comply with his/her commands if mr bad guy is pointing a gun at me. IF you feel you need to shoot please shoot, dont talk. Talking in this case is not healthy for me, (again I would be on the other side of the counter) some would say your gonna have legal problems with my advice, Dont care I am selfish that way. If I had a choice between you going to jail or me getting shot by a bad guy I would prefer you go to jail. I would show up in court to swear on a stack of bibles I was in fear for my life and believed your actions are the only reason I was able to testify, but again I live in Texas where the law is a bit different than in a pinko state.

One thing to think about here, the robber was focused on what he wanted not what could have been a threat to him.

In this one specific case I would say a shoot is in order, but remember you carry a gun to protect yourself, My safety is my concern, I dont expect you to risk your life over my cash register, In fact I wont risk my life over it either, or yours, thats a choice I make, I know my ability regarding trying to draw on a person, knowing that to try and draw on someone who has a gun pointed at me is stupid. If I shoot a robber it is because I felt my life was in danger, it will have nothing to do with the money lost because I guarantee you it is gonna cost me a lot more money if I shoot the robber than let him run off with 60-100 bucks.

I say shoot the robber because he has made his choice, he is a threat as long as he has a weapon, even if he only threatens to shoot, he has means ability and opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Southtexas View Post
    IF you feel you need to shoot please shoot, dont talk.
    In this particular case I think this is the best course of action.
    Lex et Libertas ó Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

It's a no brainer...(so to speak)
    "Any rationally thinking person is armed" ---Hinds Co. constable John Lewis

NRA member

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Cloud View Post
    It's a no brainer...(so to speak)
    Your getting good with the one liners Fast Cloud
    Like I said I would turn him off in MS!
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    I guess good guys are not the only ones to get tunnel vision....the BG never even seen MrPink....it would have been a great video if mr pink was a ccw carrier...but he has zero personal safety instincts....
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    The BG assumed full compliance from the victims which in this case is what he got.

There in lies the advantage for the trained and armed individual! A GG will need to act immediately, explosively and decisively!
    Well said Thumper. Although this by no means defines all BG's actions, it does however show you one of many scenarios where you may be able to do some good and avoid a terrible multiple murder.
    "...trying to get a long gun into play while someone is all over you like a monkey eating a cupcake is not very conducive to good survival techniques." ~Bark'n

Assume for a minute you're pinkshirt, would you draw? Keep in mind he could hear it as you're so close..

Yes and I would shoot him in the back of the head. Perfectly legal in Kansas to shoot in defense of any human life that is in immediate jeopardy. Although one would be wise to check the laws in their own state ahead of time.

I should have also said to draw quickly and fire directly from behind him. That way with the bg having to turn 180 degrees to face you it might buy you enough time to draw and fire if he heard you in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by cdwolf View Post
    Ok, say your pinky!
    1. Do you put on in the back of the head (he had 2 days to draw)of the BG providing it is legal in your state?
    2. Pull your gun and demand compliance (he may freeze, he may turn toward you)
    I think I would put a round in the apricot and turn him off like a switch, I don't want him touching a round off toward me or the lady!
    What do you do?
    No warning...no time...no mercy!
    In FL, a 'no brainer?"...you bet...his autopsy would have been described as a 'no brainer'...if you get my drift...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I agree, if I was pinky, this guy would have never knew I was there until he went down. One shot to the back of the head, making sure to be clear of the store clerks as well. I seriously doubt he would hear me draw given the rustling sound of the money and bag. In addition is the fact that pinky was able to open the cooler and get the drinks out and walk up to the counter before the BG knew he was there. This guy had a HUGE amount of time to do something. I'm surprised the BG didn't pop them all when he was startled by pinky in the first place.

VIP Member
    The mag is too small to be a 5.56/7.62S, so I'm going with M1.

And is it just me, or does he pop off a round at about :40? It sure looks like it, but it's so quiet!

ETA: With that small of a mag, and that quiet of a shot, is it some sort of .22LR?
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    ETA: With that small of a mag, and that quiet of a shot, is it some sort of .22LR?
    Yeah I think you are right. Maybe something like a 10/22 with a 30 round clip.
    Lex et Libertas ó Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

never noticed that before you mentioned it, could have even been a BB gun, you can hear his voice so clearly, so the sound is not distorted, or maybe a 22lr conversion. Either way I would agree he touched off the trigger when it was pointed at the counter/clerk behind counter, even a .22lr is going to penetrate the cheap plywood on that stores counter. speaking of which how many 1/4" steel plates should I be putting in my front counter now that I think about this?

I agree, he definitely touched off a shot. Air soft maybe?

The BG appears to have done this so many times that it was a routine. Almost too calm.

Even after pinky was put to the floor, he still had plenty of opportunity to do something.

Staggers the imagination.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

If it was just a water gun, If one of us would have been MR. pinky.
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links