Convenience Store Robbery

This is a discussion on Convenience Store Robbery within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Nice rifle :) When i first saw this i thought that the BG didnt want to point his weapon at anyone cuz of his non ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Nice rifle :)

When i first saw this i thought that the BG didnt want to point his weapon at anyone cuz of his non chalant demeanor, but then he put his weapon on that guy and i was like, "woah!"

So what do you guys think? Plenty of time to shoot and a BIG mistake not to if that guy was a CHL/CCW holder.

LiveLeak.com - Man points gun at customers back during robbery
    "...trying to get a long gun into play while someone is all over you like a monkey eating a cupcake is not very conducive to good survival techniques." ~Bark'n

Administrator
    The guy who got some drinks out of the cooler cracks me up. He kinda acted like it happens everyday, no big deal.
    "Just blame Sixto"

The customer in the pink shirt is an idiot.

He had all kinds of opportunity to flee quietly & quickly to which the BG would have never known he was there.
    Further what did he do? He insead of seeing the situation unfold and choose to escape he makes the completely crazy decision to close in on the BG and investigate what is going on looking down at his rifle as though he's never seen a rifle before. Dumb.
    The BG didn't know Mr.Pink was there due to his peripheral vision being blocked by his hood until the latter seconds of the robbery to which he being smarter than Mr. Pink directs him to the ground and keeps him controlled via his rifle first followed by standing on him as he's down.

Had Mr. Pink been a CCW or LEO it would have been lawful in many states to fire on the BG in the immediate.
    I personally would have taken this person to be an extreme threat and not toyed around with my life as Mr. Pink did so cavalierly.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    The customer in the pink shirt is an idiot.

- Janq

LOL, my thoughts exactly!
    "...trying to get a long gun into play while someone is all over you like a monkey eating a cupcake is not very conducive to good survival techniques." ~Bark'n

Senior Moderator
    It looks like he has a M1 carbine with a para stock.

I sure hope it is a repro, I'd hate a true collector's gun to get melted down.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

VIP Member
    Wonder what effect a quart size bottle of beer would have had up alongside his head? He never would have seen it coming!! CCW holder or LEO could have easily taken him out. Just one of the advantages of robbing a mini mart in CA, not many permit holders around.

Pink shirts horoscope for that day...

"A dark and mysterious stranger will enter your life...you will act foolishly...you will be shown mercy for no apparant reason...Drink to your own luck"
    "Any rationally thinking person is armed" ---Hinds Co. constable John Lewis

NRA member

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Cloud View Post
    Pink shirts horoscope for that day...

"A dark and mysterious stranger will enter your life...you will act foolishly...you will be shown mercy for no apparant reason...Drink to your own luck"

hahahahahahaha

The guy is an idiot and if any CCW'er were there I would hope that the BG would have suffered from severe lead poisoning in the cranium. At any moment that BG could have shot the two employees and the idiot who decided it would be cool to watch.
    Lex et Libertas — Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    The BG didn't know Mr.Pink was there due to his peripheral vision being blocked by his hood...
    Had Mr. Pink been a CCW or LEO it would have been lawful in many states to fire on the BG in the immediate.- Janq
    This was the first thing that came to my mind. A CCW (in my state at least) would have been well within the law, not to mention the proximity, to lay a revolver directly to the side of his hood and spray his brain matter all over the cash register. That was one lucky robber, one lucky idiot and one lucky clerk.
    "Any rationally thinking person is armed" ---Hinds Co. constable John Lewis

NRA member

Distinguished Member
    Mr. Pinky should have been shot cause he was such an idiot. Go figure.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Cloud View Post
    This was the first thing that came to my mind. A CCW (in my state at least) would have been well within the law, not to mention the proximity, to lay a revolver directly to the side of his hood and spray his brain matter all over the cash register. That was one lucky robber, one lucky idiot and one lucky clerk.
    It would have ended a little diff. around here, that's for sure!!
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

VIP Member
    The BG assumed full compliance from the victims which in this case is what he got.

There in lies the advantage for the trained and armed individual! A GG will need to act immediately, explosively and decisively!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I am still trying to figure out who is dumber, the guy in the pink shirt or the stick up guy! I guess I would have to go with pinky. Stick up guy is an idiot too, but at least he is the best armed idiot in the store, and that has to count for something!

As far as the rifle, with my screen resolution I can't tell if that is an M-1 carbine paratrooper model or a vintage 1976 Ruger Mini-14 with a folding stock. I almost bought one many years ago with an M-14 style flash hider and bayonet lug. That was a purrrty rifle.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

It looked more like a Mini-14 to me, which is what my first and most immediate thought/guess was.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Ok, say your pinky!
    1. Do you put on in the back of the head (he had 2 days to draw)of the BG providing it is legal in your state?
    2. Pull your gun and demand compliance (he may freeze, he may turn toward you)
    I think I would put a round in the apricot and turn him off like a switch, I don't want him touching a round off toward me or the lady!
    What do you do?
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links