How would you know? - Page 2

How would you know?

This is a discussion on How would you know? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by rmarcustrucker My dogs are cheaper And it's still legal to crate them when I want to be left alone. (happy she never ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rmarcustrucker View Post
    My dogs are cheaper And it's still legal to crate them when I want to be left alone. (happy she never reads these boards)
    And if she ever does see this post, you may be the one in the crate with the dog!
    I believe in gun control...... Thats why I use TWO hands.

60lb. Retriever...with a back-up...a 125lb. Rhodesian Ridgeback...

No alarm needed...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Two dogs that go crazy when they hear any noise outside. I hate windy nights... bark bark bark all night long.......
    When the messenger arrives and says 'Don't shoot the messenger,' it's a good idea to be prepared to shoot the messenger, just in case.

My dog is sometimes a heavy sleeper, so I got a couple f those little stick-on door alarms and keep them set to chime. The dog knows chime=someone coming in or out and will go investigate. Cost: $10, plus dog.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

No dog here at the moment (I <3 German Shepherd's though).

Halogen flood lights on motion detectors covering every angle of approach.

At least two locks (doorknob lock and deadbolt) on each door. I haven't oiled the hinges in a long time and they're pretty creekey, too.

Shatterguard film on all lower-story windows.

I'm a light sleeper. I don't worry much about it, unless an extremely skilled thief wants to uber-quietly pick my locks, I'm going to wake up. And it's not going to end well for him.

Peace,
    Pete Zaria.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
    - Margaret Mead

"Booger Hook Off the Bang Switch" - unknown

Administrator
    Guardian Protection Services & also a four legged alarm with keen ears that drools all over my hardwood floors.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    I have a dog AND an alarm.
    Me too.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Two dogs and a good alarm system. Motion activated lighting at key positions around the yard.

Distinguished Member Array Der Alte's Avatar
    German Shepard and a mean Siberian Husky - come on in, it will save on the dog food bill.
    Its a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rmarcustrucker View Post
    My dogs are cheaper And it's still legal to crate them when I want to be left alone.
    Think I have seen it on this board, but can't resist:

What to know who really loves you?

Lock your wife and your dog in a closet. Wait and hour and let them out. Then see which is happier to see you.

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Senior Moderator
    Me.

I'm the lightest sleeper on this planet I think.

My cat walks into the room and I'm awake just from the whisper of their little paws on the carpet.

A mouse farts in the next county and I'm awake. Then poor JD gets the, "Honey.. Honey, wake up. Something's wrong."

Poor guy could sleep through a tornado (and HAS slept through earthquakes) so it's a good thing he's got me.

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    Me.

My cat walks into the room and I'm awake just from the whisper of their little paws on the carpet.

A mouse farts in the next county and I'm awake. Then poor JD gets the, "Honey.. Honey, wake up. Something's wrong."

Poor guy could sleep through a tornado (and HAS slept through earthquakes) so it's a good thing he's got me.
    Limatunes, I am just like you, at least I was. Wife can sleep through a stampede, I wake up when one of the cats roll over or stretches.

Now 15mg of "Princes Valium" puts me under for a good uninterrupted 5 hours with the exception of the dog barking. tested that one a couple of nights ago.

Pulled me out after 2 hours of sleep. On auto pilot, grab the BE, head upstairs, herd the wife talking and asked if everything is OK before I rounded the corner. She had a friend over to visit. Second stranger the dog has met. Still learning.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

An alarm, and both my neighbors have dogs that hate me. They'll bark at anything remotely resembling motion in my yard.

I live in an apartment so having an alarm system is a no-go

I have these great little door alarms I found in a bargain bin at fry's electronics, $6 bucks for 4 of them.

They are magnetically activated and they are LOUD.

There are two in the entryway (one on the front door, one on the sliding glass door).

There is one on the spare bedroom window, and one on the main bedroom window.

The only other entrance is the front window, I don't have an extra alarm but I keep my bedroom door locked, so they'd effectively have to kick it in to get in at me.

I hope I'd wake up by then.
    "Life exists at a level of complexity almost beyond our ability to comprehend. It's a well known fact that if you try to take apart a cat to see how it works one of the first things you have on your hands is a non-working cat" - Douglas Adams

"All things are governed by law" - Hippocrates

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    Me.

Uh, er, that is about to change. Sleep deprivation will change a few things.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links