Lethal force to prevent child abduction? - Page 5

Lethal force to prevent child abduction?

This is a discussion on Lethal force to prevent child abduction? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Agreed, not to mention that they are really just adult sized bullies and if confronted by someone who is not afraid of them they will ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Lethal force to prevent child abduction?

Agreed, not to mention that they are really just adult sized bullies and if confronted by someone who is not afraid of them they will most likely run. Unless they kick in to the fight mode of "fight or flight", then you would need to defend yourself as you see necessary.

Now here is where it can turn to vigilante justice real quick, this monster was already trying to take 1 child, if you save the kid and the knucklehead runs, he can then try again.

I would suggest in that situation, if you are with others, you tell someone to call 911 and then try to find a safe and legal way to either hold the person or follow them in a safe way so the Police can take the monster off the street, at least for the night.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

I just know that if someone is trying to kidnap my child I am not going to call my lawyer to see what my legal options are before I try to stop the abduction. Same way if someone breaks into my house. However, just because a child or woman is screaming I am not going to pull a gun out and start shooting. I have seen too many children screaming I don't want to go when told they are going to the dentist or school.

I certainly don't think any jury would fine one guilty for defending their own child, I think the main question was what might happen if one stumbles upon an abduction in the act of a child you don't know.

I, like many others have stated, would take my chance with a jury in defense of my actions to protect a child.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Here in America, sure.

Up in Daleyland....

Good luck to you.

--Travis--

Lethal force to prevent child abduction?

Yup.

Shoot first then worry about the repercussions...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    I certainly don't think any jury would fine one guilty for defending their own child, I think the main question was what might happen if one stumbles upon an abduction in the act of a child you don't know.

I, like many others have stated, would take my chance with a jury in defense of my actions to protect a child.
    A good point here. What if it is a parent trying to get an out of control or runaway child home? As in all unknown situations, you have to be very careful and judicious about interfering; especially with a weapon.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

yes. if i know its an abduction i'd shoot. too many abductions end in a dead kid for any jury in america to find any wrongdoing on my part.
    "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
    -Winston Churchill
    Every well-bred petty crook knows: the small concealable weapons always go to the far left of the place setting.
    -Inara, firefly

It looks like it's been said 100 times already but as a father I've gotta say: Try to take my kids from my home or anywhere and I will transform into the most aggresive killing machine you'll ever see... It's interesting to me how being a parent can turn you into the most dangerous person in the world. Man I love my kids!
    In God we trust, everyone else keep your hands where I can see them.

Rights are like muscles: If you don't excersise them they slowly disappear.

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    If somebody tries to abduct my G/daughter the last thing they hear will be the sound of my 45,In Texas i have the right to us lethal force to prevent a kidnapping
    +1!!! The last thing they will see if they don't comply with my request is my SA Champs muzzle before it rises in recoil. I'll stand before the jury before some pervert permantly traumatizes or does something worse to my lil girl!!
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    It's like when they asked the woman why she shot the two men threatening to kill her 12 year old son 19 times. She replied that the scum bags weren't worth the trouble of reloading.

"What if" ... it is a parent who has lost visitation rights and is attempting to abduct the child in direct opposition of the court order?

Happens all the time (parents abducting their children from the Custodial Parent), and often times it does not end well.
    What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne Falcon View Post
    "What if" ... it is a parent who has lost visitation rights and is attempting to abduct the child in direct opposition of the court order?

Happens all the time (parents abducting their children from the Custodial Parent), and often times it does not end well.
    I am not sure about how often it does not end well but abductions by strangers is actually rare. A very high percentage are exactly what you say, non-custodial parent, and I would hate to get involved in that unless I was very familiar with those involved.

If some stranger tried running off with my kid, the back of the brain is going out the front of their head....

I agree with the poster who said most abductions are done by none custodial parents. I have custody of my son, I hope his mother never tries this, I may try other means of force to stop her but shooting wouldnt be ruled out.

Witness a stanger and women screaming, I'm calling the police, and try to remember as much as possible...

If it was your child, and you used deadly force, you would NEVER be convicted. All you need is ONE parent on the jury.

If there are no parents on the jury, then I'd think you would have ground for an appeals court to over turn the conviction.

As a parent all I'd have to hear is something like "I saw the man/woman grab my child and attempt to force him/her into the van. My child was screaming for help so I shot the BLEEEEEEEPING SOB"

Not Guilty - Justifiable Shooting - Please give the parent an Outstanding Citizen medal. . . . And fire the stupid DA who thought that this was a prosecutable crime!
    Somewhere in the Pacific NW

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Sponsored Links