Fugitive loose; how excited to get? - Page 2

Fugitive loose; how excited to get?

This is a discussion on Fugitive loose; how excited to get? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Got stopped by the State Police on the way into our area this evening after work. One checked my ID against a dog-eared list he ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fugitive loose; how excited to get?

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Got stopped by the State Police on the way into our area this evening after work. One checked my ID against a dog-eared list he was carrying, and sent me on my way. I would guess that they were looking for out-of-area kin coming in to provide aid.

Message received: they think he's still in our area.

It's wonderful to realize that God knows what He's doing, and what lands on my plate is there because God thinks it's a good idea. And wonderful to know He's using you folks to help build me up in my ability to take care of my family. Thanks, all!

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Paymeister I had no idea this would run this long without resolution . However I will say the same .. lock your dors , have a small amount of gas in a vehicle then leave the keys . Your point is you do not want this person(s) in your SHTFEOW if you need , but get em gone . Unless and untill they threaten you or yours its the state job to capture them . You may help as you can , but imho " can " dont endanger the bride , kids , or family next door .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Coming home from work to possibly find a fugitive in your home or on your property is strong justification to at least have a firearm in your car. Not a good feeling, and definitely you need to be "orange" in this situation.

A couple of years ago, I came home on a winter night at about ten, and found a partol car blocking the county road a mile from my driveway. Similar to your situation, they had a fugitive in the area -- had served a search warrant and he ran. The deputy gave me a description, and let me go home. This is a very rural area, and the entire county usually has only one deputy at this hour, so there was no "perimeter" to speak of.

I had my .45 with me, and my 5-cell MagLite, so I was fairly comfortable going up my long drive, but my alert level was definitely elevated, especially when the time came to exit. I started with a quick walk-around of the house looking for any forced entry, then entered the house and did a room-by-room sweep. I then retrieved my Mossburg 590, holtered the .45, and swept the areas around the house and toward the perimeter of the property, looking for footprints. All seemed OK, but I slept with one eye open that night and two guns within arms reach.

Make sure you alert level is heightened each time you come home -- it is easy to become complacent and not see an open window or misplaced item that can tip you off to an intruder in your home. I even look at the tire tracks on the driveway as I come home each night. Should there be somebody in the house or on the property, I have a tactical plan that puts me in a strong position to defend myself and prevent them from leaving (one way or another ) until the Cavalry arrives.

Stay safe.

Last night "someone" stole a truck from a Christmas tree farm near the original search area, and the law thinks he's the one they think took it. It is a highly recognizable truck (company logo on the side, equipment on the back), so I would expect him to ditch it right away and steal something less conspicuous. But that will be a pretty clear bit of evidence that he is 'there' instead of 'here'.

All you VA (or NC) folks: call the State Police if you see a yellow 1981 Ford flatbed with "Phillips & Turman Tree Farm" on the side of it. There may be machinery on the flatbed (a tree-digger, if you know what they look like). The license plate is TU 95159.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Paymeister View Post
    yellow 1981 Ford flatbed with "Phillips & Turman Tree Farm" on the side of it. There may be machinery on the flatbed (a tree-digger, if you know what they look like).
    Jeese, I think I would have looked a little harder for transportation. I'm sure I could have found a bicycle or something better than that!
    "Just blame Sixto"

Apprehended in Texas, details to follow. Whew.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links