Did I do the right thing....? - Page 3

Did I do the right thing....?

This is a discussion on Did I do the right thing....? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had a similar situation like this last year. My one buddy (before he knew I had guns) thought it would be cute to come ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    I had a similar situation like this last year. My one buddy (before he knew I had guns) thought it would be cute to come to my back door one summer night when I had it open enjoying the breeze. I was sitting at the kitchen table reading a magazine and eating a hot dog. Well he approached wearing pantyhose over his head and a hoodie. He tapped on the screen, naturally I jumped up and ran off to grab the shottie. After he heard me racking it in the other room and proceed back out with it he yelled, "man its me... chill I was playin a prank on you". To which I responded "And you almost got yourself an extra hole in your body"

He learned never to play pranks on gun owners like that.

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KenpoTex View Post
    I don't think you overreacted. The only problems I see is that:
    #1-you had to go load your pistol...in other words, it was not ready for immediate use.
    #2-you need to have a serious talk with your wife and daughter about NOT charging out of the house to tackle people. That could have ended very badly if there was a threat.
    You're all absolutely right about #1 and that has since changed....about #2 and the wife.... how many married men out there?

Seriously, she now understands what she did was wrong. She should of gone with the girls and stayed out of any potential flying objects. I'm trying to get her to fill out her CCW application. But I married a loving, brave, thick headed.....

Thanks for all the comments...
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by hudsonvalley View Post
    You're all absolutely right about #1 and that has since changed....about #2 and the wife.... how many married men out there?

Seriously, she now understands what she did was wrong. She should of gone with the girls and stayed out of any potential flying objects. I'm trying to get her to fill out her CCW application. But I married a loving, brave, thick headed.....

Thanks for all the comments...
    I understand how she feels, And getting her ccw will be great! At home she wouldn't need one, she should have armed herself there and protected the kids! Tackling someone she don't know could get her killed AD if they had a gun, or falling on a blade if they had a knife.
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Hey it's great that your wife is willing to help you protect your family. You just need to work on better tactics.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KenpoTex View Post
    Hey it's great that your wife is willing to help you protect your family.
    She's from East New York Brooklyn.......'nuff said.
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

I had a Halloween experience a long time ago that was much better. Halloween was on a Monday night. My wife and my two kids and our neighbor Margie and her two kids decided to go 'trick or treating' around the (very safe) neighborhood.

Not long after they left, I got a call from Margie's husband Joe, inviting me over for 'Monday Night Football'. So I go over to Joe & Margie's to watch the game. No sooner do I sit down and the doorbell rings. Joe, who's out in the kitchen getting us some beer and snacks, yells out to me "Hey Ken, can you get that?"

So I open the door but instead of kids 'trick or treating', there, on the front porch, is a woman, wearing only a Freddy Krueger mask and a rain coat held wide open revealing a very nice pair of yabos. "Trick or treat" the woman said and then she screamed and quickly closed the raincoat.

I realized that it was Joe's wife Margie and, with a great deal of aplomb, said "Joe, I think it's for you."

Margie hadn't realized that Joe had asked me to come over and had planned to "Trick" him but instead, It was I who got the "Treat".
    Last edited by KenInColo; April 26th, 2008 at 11:09 PM. Reason: spelling
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links